Why sudden spikes and dips in traffic?

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sometimes I find there's a spike in my blog traffic-even on days when I've not posted and not been active on IndiBlogger at all. Whereas on some other days I find shockingly low traffic numbers, including ones when I've posted and engaged in promotional activities. :D

Any explanations Indi blailog?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I too have been experiencing it these days quite often. Checking out the traffic stats it turned out that some of them are from Google Search, some from a few forums that I was active on, some from the comments I have left on other blogs. It is just a coiuncidence that all these sources send me traffic on the same day.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Moodswings may cause fluctuation in traffic, remember everyone does not have seamless internet connectivity too. Some may be on tour, some watching movies, Lolz. Dont bother about traffic or odometer while driving, keep your attention on the road to success
Vinesh Balan
Vinesh Balan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

But I get kinda Buggy spikes too. In the beginning I was suspicious if someone is planning to Hack my blog :P Its never happened yet! Its been around 2 months now, and the interesting thing is all these spikes come from US, using MacOS and come in regular intervals. No specific posts get the hits either :( And another interesting thing is that these spikes only appear on Blogger stats :P Not in Google analytics or Adsense :P

LockSign in to reply to this thread