3) Usually no replies

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Did not know review was in another section
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I feel reply to all comments, and if you get more than 30 - 40 comments, do so to the most possible.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If the comment is nothing more than 'Great post' there is no need of a reply. If it is fairly long and has expanded the ideas stated by me in teh post, I add my creativity, support the commentator and give my raeders something more to read through my reply.

Seeing the discussion heading, there was an other reply that I had thought of in my mind. But I had to give the reply typed above after raeding the description of your question.

My actual answer is:

If the comment does not include any link, even to his/her personal website, (the one entered in the third text box in Blogger commenting system) treat it to be a genuien one.

In all other cases,

the commentor wants you to visit his blog and leave a comment in return for his comment.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I fall in the second category... I reply to only those who have asked questions or given feedback or if I feel that they have written something that deserves a reply :)
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

ditto here.

I don't visit other blogs epecting them to visit mine. The same applies to comments.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I used to reply to each and every comment now drifted towards replying to specifics, query and feedback. I look forward for value addition.
Aditya Kumar Nayak
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I usually reply to all comments and make sure that I welcome all first time commentors. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Replying to all the comments erves an addittional purpose serves teh purpose of increasing comment count. Suppose you receive 10 comments and you reply to all of them, the comment count becomes 20.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And how does that help?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti There are some people who do not comment on a post unless they some big number already present. In this way more people will comment. After all, many consider comment count to be a measure of a blogs success.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I reply to all my commenters, but not to those who write "Hi, just found your site from reddit. It is not an article I would normally read,  but I liked your thoughts on it. Thank you for creating a piece worth reading!" :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

so anybody else who gets spam comments like this ??? no??? *sigh*

Lighthouse Insights
Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

Comments they are fodder for our thoughts and redbull  :D

Saying that we make sure we reply to all comments but the engagement depends on the comments that were made. We respect everyones time even if it was a bot :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread