Gaining popularity on Indiblogger

Swati Swayamprava
Swati Swayamprava
from Bangalore
12 years ago

What is the best way to get an article noticed on Indiblogger? Just posting it doesn't seem enough! If you are really passionate about the topic in question & would want the post to be voted or recieve comments, what is the best way (ways) to go about it???

Are liking others posts, commenting on their posts & linking them to your blog...the only  existing ways to grab eyeballs?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Gaining eyeballs for your site is through the network of friends and forum network in Indiblogger and Blogadda i suppose.  Do visit others blog and comment and expect reciprocation. Good luck

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That is what many frequently say. It does not work most of the time.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats true Umeshji
Aditya Kumar Nayak
from New Delhi
12 years ago

True. Network is the Key

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Forget indiblogger popularity and votes. They mean very little. Many votes would come from people as a courtesy to their friends. What's the value there? Zilch.

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8762

Follow some of the stuff on the link above. It is something I wrote for another IB member. Focus on the beginning for yourself and see if any of the rest applies. In fact, to generate hits from search engines, just follow the first paragraph and write WELL. You will start getting hits from the very first post, as long as you have your post uploaded as soon as the news comes out in the papers. Naturally, Your post should have some differentiating factors in its language, content and style. Do this regularly enough and you will start building traffic. 

Also, spend more time on the IB forum and read read read. There are many people like you asking the same, or similar, questions. It will help to read some of the ideas and suggestions.

Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
12 years ago

Thanks man..That was helpful to me as well!Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Well said. Votes are not a measure of how much peopel like your content. Two days, I posted a new article on my blog: Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed  IndiBlogger is one of the traffic sources for me. I receive a very small number of votes(4) for it. Even now I don't understand why those IndiBloggers voted by me because the average time spent from this particular tarffic source was exactly 00:00 as seen on my Google Analytics account.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Amar :o)

Ranjith, that's how it is. blogadda, bloggers, IB are all the same in this respect. The only way to have a successful/popular blog, IMO, is to maintain:

1. quality of language and content &

2. consistency in style & frequency of posts.

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Bombard ur link at forum topics such as this n ask them to read.

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=60945

Cool

The short term means 2 getting recognition is bombarding ur link at the various opportunities available. Sure, you'll get a lot of flak for it but I guess all newbies learn it this way.  But if u really passionate bout ur post, what's a lil flak in front of complete worldwide appreciation (n dominationCool).

But seriously, the long term n sustainable way is as Umeshji mentioned above n it makes a lotta sense here in IB => ultimately if ppl like u, u will get their vote (if votes r ur measure of popularity). In addition, Ramba's suggestions above r quite practical n very helpful. Thnx fr the effort, Rumbaho Smile. Ultimately, I guess just keep blogging, be regular with the frequency, visit n comment at other posts n network n ek din, tum honge kaamyaab ek din...

Now, do read my postSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The article about Soumya written by you was really good. Smile

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

LOL @ "Now, do read my post".

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Ranjith.

@Rumbaho: Cool

Pennlyess Nick
Pennlyess Nick
from Andaman
12 years ago

I just made a blog post about, well bloggers, the kind I usually see in Indiblogger,  and it got a few votes in the first couple of hours since submission, which is very surprising,  because if anyone had actually read the post, they would have been flaming the hell out of me, but that's not what I am here to talk about. 

Its about the whole post and promoting system, I don't believe in it anymore, when I promote a post, I read it and if I find it reasonably interesting I promote it, but what I see here is a trend that people reciprocate this promotion without actually giving a **** about the content. All the traffic to my blog from indiblogger has a combined time of less than 1 minute. 

They don't read it, its like a system where people promote each other's post without reading it because they feel obligated to. Why do that in the first place ? Why would anyone want their opinion to be considered worthless.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I completely accept with you. But still, there are a few bloggers here who are an exception to this.

Pennlyess Nick
Pennlyess Nick
from Andaman
12 years ago

If I get 20+ votes for a post and average time spent on the page is less than 3 seconds - well, I am not really thinking about exceptions 

LockSign in to reply to this thread