Upload Sequence Issue With Entry To Indivine and Yahoo-Dove Real Beauty Contest?

Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago

>> Attn: Indiblogger Team

Looking to check if there's an issue with entry acceptance depending upon the upload sequence between Indivine and Yahoo-Dove Real Beauty Contest. (It seems there is!)

If a contestant first uploads his contest entry to Indivine through the regular procedure and then attempts to upload the same in the Yahoo-Dove Real Beauty Contest form (arrived from the link on the contest page), it is rejected with the message - Duplicate Entry!

There's (or was) then no way to upload it to the contest section (LifeStyle>Personal Care) after first uploading to Indivine in another section. 

Or is that if it's uploaded to Indivine (as I did under the LifeStyle>Travel category), the entry is then automatically pulled into the contest category if it's themed on the contest theme? (Am hoping it is).

Truly perplexed with this sequence issue!

I faced this issue after I first uploaded my contest entry to Indivine under (LifeStyle>Travel) before using the said contest link an hour before the deadline expired, only to be shown 'Duplicate Entry' message.

I'd appreciate any clarification/assistance with this - (1) The sequence issue, (2) To see my contest entry (submitted before the deadline) showing up in the appropriate section since it does not appear to be showing up at the moment.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Seeking a more appropriate category for the topic.
Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Knock, knock, knock . . . . knocking on Indiblogger door.

Surely, someone might be listening and would help rectify this issue.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
As far as I know you can submit one entry only once in Indivine, if you knew that was your contest entry then what was the need for you to submit it in travel category?? Send a mail to the Inditeam and see if they can help you out...
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

You need to submit your entry from the contest page here: Since you have already submitted that entry under a different category, it can't be accepted into the contest as the system sees it as a duplicate submission . But anway, the contest is now closed.

Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks folks, for the views. Indivine entry form (also as a category) and Real Beauty entry form (also as a category) are two different things. The forms even differed in their construct, at least in the footer section. An entrant has (or had) no way of knowing the upload sequence, as to which to submit to first, and which not to. Ideally I would imagine that submitting to Indivine first (before the entry deadline) should not flag as Duplicate entry if submitted to another section (before the deadline), or at the very least mention it clearly in instructions asking not to submit to Indivine first for those who're not as bright as others. I've mailed Indiblogger team yesterday to help sort this issue out. The entry is in the system, submitted before deadline expired.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I agree, things can be a little confusing at times....If you had submitted the entry before the deadline then I guess they will definitely help you out with this :)

Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks, Arti. I'm hoping the same as well. Now it looks like the Contest Entry Submission logic was plugged straightup into Indivine Submission logic. Should not have been the case! It was submitted before the deadline. Am hoping the Indiblogger team will help rectify this before it's too late to matter either way.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But remember from now on if there is a contest then submit only on the contest page... And you can use the reply button below the comment to reply to someone:)
Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@Arti Thanks for the 'Reply' tip. Looked it up, but button isn't showing up under your response, instead it's selfdirecting to me! As for the upload sequencing issue it might not help to leave a gap open and rely on entrant to find it and steer clear off. Better to close the gap than rely on the entrant to find it. Next time it might affect another contestant unaware of the pitfall of uploading to Indivine first. The submission programming logic for two different events/sections cannot be plugged into the same logic, else it leads to what happened with my contest entry. Solution: If they're different submission forms, the forms need to plug into submission logic appropriate to each requirement. What is a duplicate entry for Indivine, should not be flagged as duplicate in contest section if it hasn't been uploaded there. Solution: One other way to sort this out to override submission logic is to ask entrants to tag their posts with a unique tag specifically created for the contest event. So even if they post it to Indivine, the program will pull it under contest section on the basis of the tag. Talked with Renie, am told it'll be rectified. Hopefully it'll be affected before it's too late to matter.
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Hey Anil - is this the post in question? It's been moved to the right category, and will be taken into consideration for the contest!

Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks, Renie, for taking note of this and rectifying the issue. Yes, that is the post in question.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@renie kudos!

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Great Renie... that was a commendable step :)

Many many Congratulations Anil :) Your post deserved to be a part of the contest :) Read your post... felt like I was a part of the journey :)

Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks, Anukriti for the sentiment expressed. Nice to know you liked the post :) 

You're doing great yourself in the contest. Wish you all the best.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great Renie. Congrats Anil, nice post.
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks, Arti. Relieved to have this sorted out and made part of the contest. Nice to know you liked the post.

Your 'Reply' tip is working now that the button began showing up against commenters' profile :) 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Anil, when you hit the reply on your post on this thread, it automatically comes under Arti. Like you can see mine now. I hope that clarifies.

And if there are too many people who are discussing on your posts, most of us prefer using @arti @renie to quote many people. It will not link to them, but just mention, this reply is for that particular person. Like I have replied to you now Smile

Just see around other threads and you will understand.

Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@Hemal Thanks, Hemal, for elaborating. Initially the 'Reply' button showed up only against my profile and none against commenters' profiles. Now I see it corrected, only occasionally it reverts to an earlier state now. So it should be fine.

LockSign in to reply to this thread