How to safeGuard a blog from getting hacked by hackers ?

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I have saw many of my friends websites and blogs getting hacked so i am scared that even my blog will get hacked.

so can any one help with my Question..

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

common sense strategy daily change password....and keep them guessing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Another 'common sense' suggesstion: Note down the new passwords safely. Smile

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

oh do u think this is a good idea.. i dont think so..any other Cool

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Beat them to it: hack it urself before the hackers do....

Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Smile

Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

cool :-D.. raj

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Sampath

If you are blogging on blogspot simply enable 2-step authentication so that everytime you login you will get a password on your mobile,however you can remember it on trusted computers but if you are more concern dont do it as if sum1 will steal your cookies they can access your account via it,so better get a new code on mobile for every login.I just shared th e post on indivine aswell for both gmail & facebook 2 step authentication

Rest if you have anyother hosting service use a good antivirus+antispyware+firewall = internet security and a good antikeylogger follow security practices over internet and soooooo onnnnnn list is very long these are few basic and essential ones and yeah dont use cracks and patches to activate any software

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I never knew that there exists something like a two step authentication. Thanks for the info.

Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

wow! thanx for the info.Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The only thing that you can do is to regularly back up your data. There exists a tool in Blogger for exporting  ablog. In case your blog gets hacked, you may create a new blog and import the old blog into the new one.

Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

i will sure follow these suggestions.Cool

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah. That's the only way to safeguard it. Lulzsec is going crazy and hacking around everywhere. Its found that Sony saves all the password in .txt format :P.

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Sampath

Yup it will be useful,rest make sure to follow the security guidelines posted above all accounts would be safe even if 2-step is not on adding keyscrambler + last pass kinda things will add more safety,wil protect you from FUD keyloggers and man in the middle attack.Google these terms you will learn a loads of tech stuff ending with creating your own viruses lolz but dont misuse it

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@The Sorcerer

It always happen when kids learn new things they go crazy where to apply it,anyhow finally they got traced and soon eveything would be taken care of by scotland yard and FBI

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah! But then again a major corporation like Sony saving the PSN login IDs/passwords, credit card numbers, discount coupon, game keys/exclusives, Score cards, Email address, real address and other profile details with telephone numbers stored in .txt format is SO plain wrong.

Manas Khatri
Manas Khatri
from Faizabad
12 years ago

just keep a backup of ur data..use good antivirus..nd when surfing internet at cafes or place other than  ur own PC...be sure to delete cookies...

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Thanks for all the great info u guys made..ty all :)

SBasu
SBasu
from Weston
12 years ago

Prevent Hack -- Don't be super famous blogger, you won't attract hackers. If hackers want, you'll be hacked irrespective of your two steps or three steps method. 

Make hacking difficult -- Don't use the blogspot password on any other site, let it be your exclusive password

Recover from hack -- Do regular backup and once you get control back, put your old files in.

Sampath Bhoompally
Sampath Bhoompally
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

My friends those who are worried of getting hacked or prevent your blog from getting hacked.

some tips from our fellow bloggers to safeguard our blogs/websites. Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread