does share on facebook and twitter helps ?

jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
12 years ago

giys i have a big doubt....

what's the actual use of share on facebook and twitter buttons on the blog ?

i thought of removing them but i didn't as all of you have it...!

iall i want to know is how will it help us ?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

As far as i know sharing in facebook and twitter hardly helps, unless you have faithful followers who are willing to visit your site and promote.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Umeshji. If you have a good number of followers then it may help.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Well said. Those buttons are hepful only to those bloggers with a prominent presence on the social networking sites.

Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

well I don't think it's relevant on twitter. I have got lot of people visiting my blog via twitter. 2 reasons i am active on twitter and with bit of twitter knowledge I am able to make it work. guys spend some time on twitter it will surely get u results :)

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@jaynth busi

It helps a lot if someone likes your content they share it over the social bookmarking sites,we Indians normally dont carry this habit but let me tell you if  you have a good post and good luck anyhow sum1 finds your post and likes it nowonder it can become viral in few days giving you hell loads of visitors

@Umesh & Arti

Followers increase slowly and everything starts with zero so according to me it helps a lot I regret in my few sites I added the buttons late there are days when I get 500 minimum visitors just from facebook and that too isnt viral

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

How do you define viral? is 1000000 visits the minimum requirement?  Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Those buttons would be helpful if readers of your blog have accounts at facebook and twitter and most importantly you ahve  afan page at facebook.' With proper strategies, you can make your post go viral on these social networks', say many bloggers.

Lighthouse Insights
Lighthouse Insights
from Pune
12 years ago

Your content is the big thing but if people dont know about your great content then what's the use(unless you are a personal blogger). So connect, converse to your group, share there stuff so that it's appreciated by your group and is helpful to them. This would eventually lead people to click on ur shared stuff cause they beleive you by then. it's not easy, even we are learning too but do give it a try :)

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think the answer is

It reall does matter. But it rarely does matter.

A recent humorous post of mine (Google vs Facebook) got liked by somebody and then the traffic really came in. So much so that the other topics which I forwarded to friends did not receive the same numbers.

But it is the onely example I have so far.

So there you go.

LockSign in to reply to this thread