Blog Contest

A Agarwal
A Agarwal
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I recently started a blog contest after consulting a few people. We have put up digital camera and a few other goodies as gifts. To participate in the contest one has to choose the best post from our site and blog about it.

Now I am wondering how to promote it>?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Here are few tips :- 1) Twitter -Tweet about your contest at least 3-4 times a day with the link to your blog. Ask ur friends to retweet. 2) Digg, Facebook, Orkut, Slashdot... do i need to say more. 3) Comment on all your friends blogs & add a note about your contest. 4) Form a community at mybloglog & add hundreds of people as contacts & leave them a msg to take a look at the contest. 5) Create a good article about your contest & submit it to multiple article submission sites. 6)Offer bloggers some sops like free backlinks. 7) Add a top commenters widget to your blog. 8) Write a controversial article ( not just for sake of it but with some reasonable arguments) criticizing a popular belief or web service. 9) Participate (hyper)actively in multiple forums. 10) Add some exclusive stuff like an interview with someone famous or break a news first.... something like that. Leave your traces wherever you can. Offer something useful to everyone who participates. Grow your RSS base not just the pageviews. Hope this will do.
A Agarwal
A Agarwal
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Gr8 suggestions, Thx

I would be doing all of these (already did some, will keep on pushing)

cheers

LockSign in to reply to this thread