Blog Contest

A Agarwal
A Agarwal
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I recently started a blog contest after consulting a few people. We have put up digital camera and a few other goodies as gifts. To participate in the contest one has to choose the best post from our site and blog about it.

Now I am wondering how to promote it>?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
A Agarwal
A Agarwal
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Gr8 suggestions, Thx

I would be doing all of these (already did some, will keep on pushing)

cheers

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago
Here are few tips :- 1) Twitter -Tweet about your contest at least 3-4 times a day with the link to your blog. Ask ur friends to retweet. 2) Digg, Facebook, Orkut, Slashdot... do i need to say more. 3) Comment on all your friends blogs & add a note about your contest. 4) Form a community at mybloglog & add hundreds of people as contacts & leave them a msg to take a look at the contest. 5) Create a good article about your contest & submit it to multiple article submission sites. 6)Offer bloggers some sops like free backlinks. 7) Add a top commenters widget to your blog. 8) Write a controversial article ( not just for sake of it but with some reasonable arguments) criticizing a popular belief or web service. 9) Participate (hyper)actively in multiple forums. 10) Add some exclusive stuff like an interview with someone famous or break a news first.... something like that. Leave your traces wherever you can. Offer something useful to everyone who participates. Grow your RSS base not just the pageviews. Hope this will do.

LockSign in to reply to this thread