IndiRank or IndiScore?? Confusing!

Sandeep Math
Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

When I was new to IndiBlogger and then to the IndiRank system, I was kind of perplexed by the 'IndiRank' terminology and its definition. I believe many of you will agree that when we were provided our report cards in school, we were given ranking (at least most schools do/did) and '1' always meant the best. 

So based on that logic, heres a suggestion and I am sure for various reasons, mostly related to red-tape, this would be ignored, but wouldnt it make more sense to name it as, say, 'IndiScore' instead. When you say its like a cricket score i your description, then lets make it a score rather than a rank for the heck of it being self-intuitive. :)

My few cents

Sandeep

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Valid points Sandeep but I guess everyone now knows Indirank and it has build a brand image! So even if you change its name to Indiscore people will still refer it to Indirank...
Sandeep Math
Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

Hmm.. True Arti! I am surprised how such a misnomer was never flagged initially. I feel for someone new here its can be misleading but I guess they will learn about it the difficult way (searching the FAQ)!

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sandeep, agree with you 200%!

And even if it has become a brand image, i don't think that they can not correct it. It would be gud if they change it to IndiScore. 

As for everyone 'knowing' about IndiRank, I apologize but I got to know it just 2-3 months back when I joined IndiBlogger.in. Never before that. 

Even if they do change it to IndiScore, I am sure every IndiBlogger would appreciate it. And the people who know nothing of IndiRank or IndiScore will actually be able to understand that a rating of 80/100 is good!! and not on 80th rank!

Sandeep Math
Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

I concur, but I have no idea how to voice this opinion so that it reaches the big guns here. :) 

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ha ha.. true.. Do let me know if you figure something out.

genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Btw, just dropped a mail to the admins. Hopefully they will reply. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If we receive IndiRank , similar to the ones given in schools, a new blogger may get discouraged by seeing a rank running into 1000's.

Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

lol! Of course. But lets stick with the system of scoring between (0-100) as the scale and consider the name change. Also, even if you plan to score more than 100, I m sure no one will object to that but that brings the problem of not knowing where you stand relative to the best scorer. So, scaled score between 0-100 is apt. 

Jaai Vipra
Jaai Vipra
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I agree. It should be called Indiscore. Or Indipoints.

Sandeep Math
Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

I like Indipoints too. Frankly speaking, I love the stats to see how many eyes I get on my blog but I am not too crazy about the ranking/scoring itself. I blog for when I feel like or when I can relate to a topic, so I do not stress out to get those big scores. I think that keeps my blogs free-flowing, genuine and not forced-like.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
on and off, this has been debated over a million times (exaggeration) and the result is nothing will be done on it.. It will remain Indirank as it has been resolved. I don't have any problem with it as long as it happens regularly

LockSign in to reply to this thread