Support for DELL Change is Easy contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

It is raining prizes at IndiBlogger. Here is the brand new contest at IndiBlogger: Dell's Change is Easy contest. Hope that we will have a good time participating in this contest.

I personally feel that the following two things about this contest aren't good:

1. One one mega prize- Laptop and nothing else.

2. The contest page says: The prize is awarded by the Dell team based on popularity and relavance. I think that the top voted ones would be given more preference as seen in the 'Crusade against chlorine' contest.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: edit
1-20
21-40 41-42
Replies 1 to 20 of 42 Descending
Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

There is no restrictions for participation of microsoft / Dell employees ? Just wanted to confirm .. :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

We need to wait for some member of the IndiTeam to answer it. But mostly, employees of X are not allowed to participate in contests held by X but I am not sure what are the rules with this particular contest. By the way, why IndiBlogger doesn't list any rules for a contest?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Usually its not allowed. Reviewers usually refrain from participating contests (atleast that's what I've seen). But those guys like who are working in call centres or such 3rd party agencies can participate. Technically you work for the agency- not for dell.

Oh!!! What the hell!!!

Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Actually its not even Dell , my question sticks to only Microsoft because I sae the essentials 2011 logo there and I have nothing to with Dell :P

Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

PS : restriction * :)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That's because MS Essentials 2011 is sort of promoting by having a trial version on the notebooks. Its like if you are advertising Dell notebooks, then in a way you advertise intel/amd/nvidia because your notebook is powered by those processors. Its no different with Microsoft.

I wonder if there's a country restriction.

Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Actually the only critetia to participate is that you have to be an IndiBlogger. :-) The winner is chosen by relevence and popularity. Not by votes! So even if you are a Dell or MS employee your writing, relevence and popularity is what is going to make you a winner. So go ahead and submit your entry.

This is for management to answer, but I see no harm in writing. if they feel it wrong. they will reject it. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ karthick Popularity indicates to indivine hearts I suppose...
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Arti: The IndiVine hearts is the vote! :-) Popularity here is FB likes, comments for your posts etc, Votes is something entries earn quickly if the post is creative and well connected with the topic, like it has in previous contests.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Karthik I don't think so. For example, in the 'Crusade against chlorine' contest, the word popularity was included and the winners were the ones with the highest number of IndiVotes.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The number of comments can easily be inflated. We can always comment on our blog with different usernames.....

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ranjith (daamit i still mistake your name for Rajnikanth) is right. That's why I prefer using verified email. thing.

Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Ranjith: Actually different contests have different parameters. In Chlorine contest the total number of entries were only 36. And it so happened that the top 3 turned out to have most influence too. But in Dove if you check the winners not top 3. Even in this contest, we will not just looking at top votes. FB likes, driving interactions, and then votes will play main roles similar to the Dove contest.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago
All the best to all the participants in advance.

thanks ranjith, in advance

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I seek a clarification from the IndiTeam. The contest page says that winners will be chosen based on popularity and relavance. Every entry will be relavant to the topic, So is it ultimately the votes that matter?

Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

No not really. Ther are always a few entries that are not relevent that keeps poping up in every contest. They are always disqualified. Here votes dont matter. Relevence is important because no point in writing about Dell streak here or about Windows 7, if you now aht I mean. And popularity is something none of you guys are alien to :-) Like the Dove and other earlier contest good posts gets recognized by the community instantly.

Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Having said that the idea is that we can write about any gadget that we personalize to suit our needs. Can even be about how you personalize your washing machine! :-D

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Kathik What about personalized blog gadgets that we display in our sidebar? I initially thought that we were being asked to blog about those gadgets.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Karthik Let us see if the final winning entry isn't the one with the highest number of IndiVine hearts.

Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Totally agree, Indivine promote's are really tough to gather! Smile

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

But I've got a Lenovo..I hope Dell doesn't disqualify me if I write about lenovo..he he he!! 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

If you think about it, unless they REALLY wanted to restrict to Dell only hardware, they could have- but they didn't, did they?

Or else you could say you have this notebook and take pics in a way that doesn't reflect the logo.

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

er..but even in that case I can't write about Dell..No experience of using their products so far...lol

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

yeah yeah its cool. Write what is honest. Provided one has the required skills, that's the only way the article stands out. People are somewhat smart enough to differentiate made up from real stories. If I wanted to I could have blogged about Asus P320 where it went to places where the sun doesn't shine much (washing machine, lying around in the heap of paperwork, gathering dust) with lot of scratches and damages, still the damn thing refuses to die.

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

Cool he he..I think the smartest way to participate in this contest if you don't have Dell product, is to write about a gadget you won't find in DELL... :P :P 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dell has a lot of good things. Sometimes there are certain models that are so well thought that they will be sold out before you can say anything. I don't see why they are advertising swap panels rather than advertising about core i5/USB 3.0, backlit LED and stuff like that.

Maybe its because of that ad i saw on msn video/youtube where kareena aunty switching between blue/green/pink handkerchief and her sony vaio notebook changes colour accordingly.

Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I have a sony too, and i have already written a post about it! :P Will they consider *question mark* :P

Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Psyche(Sid): Existing psts wont count dude. It has to be fresh posts.

Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
12 years ago

hey Karthik, Thanks for the clarification. although, i meant it as a rhetorical 1 Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

How do you if they are existing posts or new posts? We can remove all timestamps from a blog post.  Smile

ny mind all dried out in beauty. need some tanquilizers to push d mind

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hehe, all the best Pramodji:)
Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
12 years ago

hehehe, yeah.. we guys writing about beauty, tough ask! Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Any doctor here?  Smile

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Let me tell you something Pramod and please don't be offended. My son loved the post I wrote for the contest and kept waiting for the results. He was so sure there is going to be at least one small prize for my post. I was not that sure as I could see my post as a kaleidoscope of too many thoughts. When the results were out, I called him up to tell him that there was no prize wondering how would he feel- his cool response was: May be you deserve something better than that. Let us see what comes in next contest.  I learned something from him. Do not ever allow any one small thing affect you and take away your peace of mind. The more we try to correct it the more weird things will get. I love to see you blog posts on the contests and so waiting for you to get back to blogging and contests.Sealed

Psyche(Sid)
Psyche(Sid)
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Gadgets, finally a Yummy my kinda topic! Cool

yo, sid

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

All the best Psyche.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All the best for all the participants, i am out of this contest, voting and seeking promotion seems to be not my cup of tea Lolz

umesh ji, thanks for the wishes.

It takes a lot of enthu. to write for contests, and campaign, its just like a time pass thing with treasures in store. even when one doesn't win, he prepares for next one and again hoping, and excitements begin. there is nothing to lose, only gain, in readership, and if you hit the jackpot by fluke, its party time.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that you must be really tired of these contests.  Smile

Sandeep Math
Sandeep Math
from Dallas
12 years ago

I guess Umesh is looking for a change and all i can say sometimes change is good :)

I am new here and looking to get into the groove to right something for this contest..its feels like I havent yet gotten over the HP Color topic- they dont seem to have opened the entries up for all! 

@Pramod; Campaigning?! Any tips on that :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

IndiBlogger is very punctual in  postponding dates related to contests  Smile. i don't understand why.

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Sorcerer,

I just checked out your post. You have had one awesome career. And your photos of the stuff you have, wow!!

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Does it have to be an electronic gadget?? I mean can it be a mechanical one too?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that it can be a mechanical gadget too. Karthik's reply above:

Having said that the idea is that we can write about any gadget that we personalize to suit our needs. Can even be about how you personalize your washing machine! :-D

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best to all Participants:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

To you too.... Arti

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am not participating Ranjith.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the best to you:-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank you. Do check out my posts for both the contests. I seem to receive more votes than I did in the previous contests. May be people know me better now Smile 

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
12 years ago

Thanks Arti!! :D

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
12 years ago

The entries will be made visible tonight. Submit your entrirs if you haven't already.

Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Why is the number of entries so low?

I submitted my entry just now. A humorous one with a cartoon (my trademark style). I don't expect to win. But just get some laughs.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

May be, not everyone are tech geeks to review a blog or atleast humorous like you..... Smile

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

The contests bring in quite amazing posts. I cannot participate in this contest seriously as technology is not my strong point, so the post is coming out as comedy. I will make you smile at least. 

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

BTW change is not that easy... I am still with my first computer which is more than a decade old.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

May be that computer is going to turn into a laptop......   Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I hate to use laptops, once i way if i am compelled i don t mind, i had an IBM version which used to get heated every 30 minutes Lolz after that i decided to get rid of the delicate stuff. I hope this contest does not turn out like Real Beauty contest.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Change is easy I have migrated back to PC. Lolz  Speed is another thing which puts me off, i have seen my friend using Dell laptop and waiting forever for downloading the e mails on his Wi Fi, it is not for cowboys like me who want speed Lolz

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I hope this contest does not turn out like Real Beauty contest.

What does that statement mean?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah! What REALLY happened in the real beauty spot contest?

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Thought of reviving this thread...

thanks Ranjith for starting this topic...

All the best everyone! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Glad to see you here after so long a time.

The thread did get a rebirth. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hey Anu, Yup all the best to all!! May the best post win:)
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

:)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Ranjith i read your post and commented on it... loved it! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thank you Anukriti :-)

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey where are the results...they too going the HP way i gues !!!Cry

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford