Help me tweet!

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi,

Just wanted to know how many of you promote your blog using twitter? If yes, how do you do it and how do you gather all those followers? I havent got a hang of it yet!!!

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I don't promote through twitter but still reading other blogs, this is what I can suggest you: Try to be as interesting as you can. Don't just tweet about your new blog posts. Tweet something witty in nature. If you wish to get some followers in the beginning, you may try twiends (www.twiends.com) but don't completely depend on it as only a few of them who are going to follow you through that site may be really interested in you.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I have a small doubt: On this page it is shown that this message was posted 11 hours ago but  the main forum said that the Freshness of this topic is some 30 minutes. How is it possible? The thread wasn't edited at all.

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ok will give it a try ranjith..this twitter still remains a mystery for me!

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

yes even i saw that...i posted this some time back...there is definitely some error here...

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Tweets don t necessarily promote your blogs, unless you have a huge fan following at least 500 plus followers
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Umeshji.
Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Umesh

One has to start with 1 to get upto 500 and so on

@Priya

Many people dont like (me too but got 900+ ) and use twitter here but dont forget we dont blog for a specific region,moreover twitter & fb are the new trends and rarely people like to subscribe via email now so you need to give all the trending options to your readers,you never know what wud be the best optin for your reader to get updates from your blog

Like I always look for the get email updates option if I wish to subscribe to any site if I dont find one (it happens many times),I dont subscribe

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Anyways Priya all the best, try to load your blogspot link through twitter and check out, add circle or followers let us hope for the best.
Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Neeraj & Umesh for your suggestions...will try and start...but how do u get so many followers neeraj? simply keep following people,  and they follow u back...is it?

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Follow more to get followed ...

Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

btw..I don't like Twitter

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Sujith

Same Here

@Priya

Even I dont know lolz rarely I login to my twitter account but frankly speaking forget about twitter followers,email subscribers and facebook fans.Just mainly focus on content and regular posts (that I try to do) and place all the options on the blog like twitter,facebook and email.Keep posting nice stuff everything will follow you with increase in number of posts

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

yes may be indians are not much into twitter just like how FB craze dawned upon us quite after a long time! Every other person was hooked onto FB except for us! Now the scenario has changed and that has spelled doom for orkut!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Priya About getting followers, what others say is true. Follow others to get followed. As I have laredy mentioned, you may use twiends. I have a list of some 100 people who follow back whoever follow them. (I'm not sure if they are humans or robots) If you would like to have that list, I can give it you.

LockSign in to reply to this thread