Changing your blog's theme

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

How often do you change your blogs' theme?  Does changing a blog's look constantly affect the blog in any way? Suggestions please...

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: update
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

My blog has the same look since its launch and I do not wish to make any changes to do it. Even if I would do so, I would be a gradual one which should make my raeders wonder if the blog's theme has really changed.

There might be instances when someone has viisted your blog once and due to some reason has closed it but still they remmeber the look of your blog. The next time, if they come accross your blog they might be more interested in checking out your blog.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I dont change it too often. Have changed it just twice in one and a half years of my blogging.

Changing the look may or may not affect the blog. I mean, readers may or may not like the changes that is one thing while google is just interested in your content, i suppose. So it depends from which angle you are viewing the entire scenario ;)

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

thanks ranjith and arti...MAy be i should stop at my current theme...WP keeps bringing in new themes and i find it irresistable !!! I will take your advice!

Shashank
from New Delhi
12 years ago

I really like the minimalistic look of your fiesty pad blog. The typography is rather elegant. and easy on the eyes.

Just one suggestion though, try moving the sidebar to the right - the page will look a lot more balanced that way.

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

+1 to you shashank! 

@the minimalistic design of the fiesty pad blog looks very ploeasing and nice to read Priya.. Smile 

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I am too technically inept to change the technical settings of my blog.. I have changed my theme every now n then.. my first theme was pink in color n I had to change it for obvious reasons.. but I'm kinda ok wid my current theme... but me being a libran, i get bored too easily

i do have some things in my mind but dont know how to do so.. 

But i always believe that ur theme shud highlight ur content not negate it in any way...

I also believe that I'll have another drink.

Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

I am one person who keeps making changes to the blog designs very often!! I get bored very easily!! Just found a new theme few days back and my blog just had a mekover. The prob now is it totally looks like a new blog now!! That could affect the the readers not being able to recognize the blog!! maybe!! I hope to stick to this one for some long time!! You may check out the new look here.

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@cindrella: thanks! u got a nice blog there...lots of content.

@shashank: ur theme is really nice

@sreyasi: even i keep changing themes...get bored easily:)

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
12 years ago

thanx priya Smile

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I dont like to change my theme very often. The last time I changed it was when..... wait, I havent changed it after I shifted to custom domain and thats a long time back. Surprised

I have customised it to a great extent. Installing a new theme would mean a lot of hard work again.

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i guess its a lot of work for those who have a custom domain but for hosted blogs like mine, its  just a click away! :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread