2011 Blasts in Mumbai, 2013 Blasts in Hyderabad

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Why does it happen over and over again? Why cant the government do something to stop these things permanently? Cant we learn something from the US... We have easily adopted their culture and everything else... Why not their anti terror laws? Really feel for the innocent people, so sad.

1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I hope Arti people are safe, hope you and family members are far away from the blast site.  We should learn from Isrealis who are having regular blasts in the country.  I hope people don t fall prey to rumours and panic.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Umeshji for your concern. I along with all my family members are safe.
Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

its scary and difficult to survive in Mumbai...Imagine travelling every day for work with this fear lurking in mind!!!!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes people who go to work in the morning dont know if they will return in the evening. Its scary alright.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Now, it has happened same fear even very small cities like dhule and jalgaon too. Network of SIMI  is strong here. What here..........everywhere! 

Kshitij Shringi
from Jaipur
11 years ago

5 brilliant revelations by govt each time after a terror strike: 1) It was a bomb 2) Powerful explosives used 3) Anyone could be responsible 4) General alert but no specific input 5) Important leads generated but can't share details. But on the serious note, let's help each other and pressurize our politicians to act. Remind these politicians that votes and security go together.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Cutting Kahlua: No its not that difficult, it has been 64 years since independence, and we are at a total loss in here, about everything, poverty, security, scams, money laundering, education, health... every system in india, is run by a listless group of people who are corupt, the govt doesnt do what is in their hands, leave alone tackling terrorism in a city like mumbai, look at Raja, Kanimozi, Kalmadi am sure these guys will be roam free after a few days. Kasav is living like a king, Dont you think india knows about the whereabouts of Dawood? there are people in india who are protecting him and his clan. and we common people pay with our lives so that the power hungry can live like kings. Every month there is a train accident does the govt, do any suubstantial thing about it? no. All they do is empty words, compensation to the deceased and a cabinet resuffle. The media cried hoarse that railways doesnt have a cabinet minister, when the accident happened, what will a minister do? prevent accidents? lol. People like anna hazarre are fasting for a lost cause, and Baba Ramdev is getting all the TRPs. Every year the defense budget increases, and the govt cannot provide enough coast gaurds to prevent a 26/11? where does all these money go? 

The system is rotting, the govt is clueless over a bunch of false issues and there are traitors in us, loads of them, and hence the commoners pay with somebody's mom, somebody's brother, sister or child.

The govt. just wont DO anything.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes the government has to DO something... Stricter laws will help, I guess... Making people responsible and authorities answerable would help too.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Agar iccha ho to!!!!!!!! laws like POTA , TADA , MOKKA all we had.......

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
As I told Mohini I am not well versed in politics... But any law that stops repeated terror attacks is Welcome.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think Mumbai has seen repeated terror strikes more than any other city in the world... Leaving Afghanistan and Pakistan offcourse...
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, stricter action and a faster judiciary system is very much needed.

Cutting Kahlua
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Every year I hear people rant about the same stuff. Yes, this is a never ending tale of terror. And I have seen a lot of it growing up. The train I usually take from my college was once blown up. Am I indifferent? Nope. But I am tired of seeing people just rant about the government...but no one really bothers trying to change anything.

While taking the train in Mumbai once, the woman sitting next to me asked a reporter chick in our compartment, "My daughters lost their eyes in the Ghatkopar blasts...do you know where I can find some compensation for them?"

Yes, our government sucks. What the heck...any elected government by us sucks.

But if people are willing to make a change, more people who have a vision for this city would make it a point to join the goverment, join the armed forces, join the police. Why are those jobs, jobs that nobody wants? No, everyone wants to sit in their plush offices, and hope that somebody else cleans up the city, and takes care of it. 

/end rant

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Even my father missed the blasts by a whisker twice, in 1993 and also in the serial train blasts a couple of years ago... You just feel so helpless...
Murali Krishnan
from Chennai
12 years ago

The government is interested only in vote bank politics. They have no time to look into these terrorist attacks. They are too busy drafting the anti communal violence bill and other such stuff.

Richa Sonpatki
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And what can we commoners do to change that?  There is such helplessness and dispair now.  I don't really see how everyone taking up cudgels against the powers that be will change anything.  The corrupt and the government is so shameless, so conscience-less that no matter how many blasts there are, there always seems to be a next time. A mass movement like the one Hazare initiated is feasible for a day, a month or a year atmost, but the years of decay that has set into the system is too far deep and needs more than a movement, able leaders who can set some wheels moving in the right direction. I know this sounds very dreary, but honestly, I don't see if we can do anything but twiddle our thumbs and pray that it does not affect our lives directly. Where India's development was being talked about earlier, one can only talk about survival now.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are so right Richa we can only hope that such things dont happen to us... But sooner or later they catch us with us too...
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are so right Richa we can only hope that such things dont happen to us... But sooner or later they catch up with us too...
Murali Krishnan
from Chennai
12 years ago

Yes, there is one thing we can do. During elections everyone should make it a point to go out and vote. Through out the incompetent and vote for new faces who show promise.

Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Murali:  I agree.  Voting is something that is so essential, but so conveniently forgotton when it comes to complaining against the incompetency of the government

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Here is what I feel.......Mumbai Bomb Blasts. I have just sent you mail, Arti. Take Care dear, I didn't have your no. too. 

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

How are you arti? how's  everything there? any contact with hemal? 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am safe Mohini Thanks. Its raining really heavily here... Think the nature does not want us to get out of homes today.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Not heard from Him, hope he and his family are safe too.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Arti! That's really true about Nature. see again we are here at the same time, i came to meet you on indi at right time

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Mohini.
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
After Osama was killed some backlash was expected, Mumbai public should have been alerted. The citizens should be alert particularly during the sunset, the pattern emerging is most of the attacks have been around sunset or evenings. Finally the adage that terrorist needs to succeed once, but protectors have to succeed 100% of the time to prevent such acts.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I totally agree with you sir.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are right Umeshji
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Umesh.
Murali Krishnan
from Chennai
12 years ago

Agree with you. You point about sun set timing is very apt. We should be careful of this timing and careful of going to crowded places. The terrorist targets the place when and where there will be maximum people presence

Richa Sonpatki
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It saddens me that this is happening so very often that, we have actually moved on already if it has not directly affected us.  Conversations go - 'Everything okay at your end?', 'Yes', 'So, are you going to catch the latest Harry Potter?'.....  Its way too pathetic.  Is this callousness or just a way of coping up now I wonder, a way of escaping reality? I feel guilty, but again, I don't know what else to do but move on.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its called 'The Spirit Of Mumbai', Richa..

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And I completely agree with those words of yours "I feel guilty but..." So True.
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What Spirit of Mumbai Arti...People don't have a choice.  Although they would like to be in the security of their homes, they have to go and earn their living, school kids have to study. I do feel the so called spirit of Mumbai has been overly abused.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
That spirit of Mumbai statement was made in sarcasm Richa. I agree what choice people have other than going back to work to earn their living...
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I don't know why media uses those words "Spirit of Mumbai", including the international guys. What are they? Blind? Or are they from some unknown village or something? :P

If you see any state/national capital history of most countries which was a victim of terror attack- no city went to standstill the next day. Security is bit tightend up and mostly that affected area there's inconvinience in travelling, at certain extremes tight security at areas where vehicles exit out of the city.

Its not spirit of Mumbai. We just don't have any choice. If someone is affected by this directly, first concern would be about his livelihood.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I believe India should engage the services of Mossad to eliminate the root of terror in Mumbai. They will be able to target and remove the source or foundation of terror in Mumbai. I don t know why we are afraid of seeking the help of the Isreali Intelligence. This attack is purportedly created only to take the heat off his back after Osama was killed.
Murali Krishnan
from Chennai
12 years ago

Good suggestion. But people of certain type will not like it and this government is very concerned about vote bank politics only and not about stopping terrorist attacks on its citizens.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Glad to know everybody here is safe. I feel sad for those who have passed away or are critically injured.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Just a couple of days ago, on the fifth anniversary of the train blasts, there was this heart wrenching story of a guy who sufferred extensive injuries, slipped into coma for a couple of years and then finally came back and now is able to speak with his family. Its the impact on the lives of the ordinary innocent people that cannot be undone.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Glad to hear from you abhi, all this is really very sad and very very shocking at the same time.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The photographs that I have seen in the newspaper this morning were horrifying. Hope that the souls of the deceased rest in peace and the injured get well soon.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup horrifying and blood curdling... Should not be allowed.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Cant eat food on seeing those pics...
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Peace talks to make people reast in peace!

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

hmmm I guess next target is Delhi now

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hmmm
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I got contact of Hemal , he and his family are fine. Thank God. :). Our Indi friends, Priyadarshi, Kanchan Karai, Sonalee desai are also safe. 

Kanchan heard the blast from her home it was so near.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Mohini for updating us... Thank God.
Anjali
Anjali
from Alberta
12 years ago

I think India needs to take a lesson from Israel, a much smaller nation, surrounded by enemies on all sides, it has held it's own in the heart of the middle east, giving excuses gets us nowhere...it's time we stand up in our own defense...enough BS and rhetoric...Frown

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

It requires guts! We still live in hunger strike outdated age! Also leaders' loyalty should be towards own country.

Many people have opinion that this is done to divert from scams. So you can guess who must have done this 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We had taken the help of Israel after 26/11... But nothing was heard after that!
jay_ambadi
jay_ambadi
from Mumbai/Calicut
12 years ago

My views on the premature finger pointing on the Blasts.. and the need for restrain till the investigators identify the persons/organisatios responsible for it.  http://confused-ambadi.blogspot.com/2011/07/who-carried-out-mumbai-blasts.html

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My views on That (un)forgettable Wednesday & Thursday shekharlele.wordpress.com/2011/07/14/a-wednesday-a-thursday/
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I request everyone to please refrain from posting links in this thread. You can do that in indivine. Thanks.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

But what's wrong? This is not self promotion,I think, how can we write all the views about mumbai blasts here?

I don't know what is techinical relation between not posting links on forum. But as people are giving related links, and as many threads are running which takes link, i feel it as ok. what do you say Arti?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Mohini giving links is OK if you participate in the forum like you have done... But people just leave the links of the posts of their blog without writing anything here... They will never come to this thread again, they have put their link and their job is done, Thats wrong... If they contribute here like you have done and then leave a link its perfectly acceptable else not... What do you think?
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago
I got it now Arti. Actually I think some technical aspect is also there. But don't know about that and yes, we come here to discuss of course. :)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Hyderabad this time. Will we ever learn our lessons?
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Frown Terrorists are clearly able to roam about the country at will.

indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

I hope all Indi Bloggers are safe-though i wish everybody had been safe,but 11 died.

Shashank
from New Delhi
11 years ago
It's like history repeating itself over and over again. The screams of the innocent is always overpowered by those of manipulative politicians. Funds and manpower directed towards security of VVIPS while our streets are being roamed by terrorists. Why, I wonder, do the same VVIPS strive to visit the scene of the blast within the first hour of its occurrence? The feeling of being helpless is the worst feeling ever. My heart goes out to all the victims and their grieving families.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

What! Surprised

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

And now, there are a bunch of politicians sorrounded by TV camera crews conducting a press conference - at the blast site, a mere 2 hours after the blast.  How are the police supposed to do their jobs with all these clowns loitering about?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Seeing the thread on the home page, I thought that someone bumped up the thread to pay tribute for the victims. But was horrified to see that it was Hyderabad this time. And the first thing that came to my mind were my parents. Made a call to my parents. Thank God... they are safe. But still, I am shivering ....

May their souls rest in peace and God take care of the families of the deceased. Frown

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

@Ranjith - glad your folks are safe. I know how you feel, my brother landed in NY on the morning of 911. My mom was going nuts until we got a call from him saying that he's ok.

The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

With the current rate of affairs, I don't think so, not in a long shot :/

@Renie That must have been exteremly scary :O

@Ranjith glad to know your folks are fine.

This always makes me think, why does always common people are attacked and die in such cases, and a politician or their kin are never hurt?

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Happy to hear that from you @Ranjith.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

My heart goes to the victims of the blast. Having experienced cruel blasts almost all over the country, I don't know what the 'Intelligence' is doing. Cant we develop a pucca suveillance system? Why not we take a cue from US or other countries in this regard.

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ban movies, ban books, arrest cartoonists, yeah that is the power of our state. As for bomb blasts, well life goes on

That's the pathetic problem of our country and so called leaders.

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread