Where do you think bollywood is going.

Mayur
Mayur
from goa
12 years ago

I have seen some of the latest bollywood films and frankly they where all garbage. eg:- Delhi belly, budha hoga tera baap, Ready, love you mr kalakar, bheja fry 2 etc. This has been one of the worst years of bollywood, nothing has come out of it but pure nonsense.

One of the main reason for this is the change in the economical point of view of the film makers. Today films are made keeping in mind only the economical gains. What they do is, financer invests some 20-30 crore in film production and publicity, the film is shot in 3-4 months and released. then the fingers are crossed and hoped that the film will remain in the theaters for 3-4 weak weeks and the money will get doubled this is a very effective way of making money. The film plots are brain cell damaging mostly plagarised from hollywood movies. They take a good hollywood story and turn it into rubish and then throw it in the audience's face.

Real bollywood was when directors like satyajit ray(apu trilogy), basu chaterjee(ek ruka huva fesla), hrushikesh mukherjee(anand), raj kapoor(awaara), bimal roy(do bhega zameen) etc  made films for artistic value of it. Did you know that satyajit ray made pather panchali on a bugdet of rs1,50,000. he did not even know how to use the camera(nor did his cameramen) and mostly all the actors had never actually acted before but this is a example of how persiverance and love for the art can produce wonderful results.this are men of honuor.

Even the acting quality today has been declining with growing popularity of useless actors like kareena kapoor, katrina kaif etc. frankly leaving 4-5 actressess all others are not worth a dime. even the veteran actors like sharukh khan, salman khan, akshay kumar are not showing any variety repeating most of their characters. When i see old movies with actors like dilip kumar, raj kapoor, balraj sahni, rajesh khanna, nasureedin shah etc and compare it with todays situtation i really feel sad.

I have decided not see any bollywood movies unless it has got exeptionally high reviews. I have focussed my attention to old bollywood gems. here is the a list i have been refering to find good hindi movies if anybody is interested.

http://www.cuppax.in/topmovies.php

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe there is some change in Bollywood, with corporate sector slowly getting into the field. Earlier it was almost dominated by underworld financing.  Some actors have learnt the hard way that 1 film or 2 films in a year is what can be handled effectively and efficiently.  We are seeing Aamir, Shah Rukh and Hrithik following this trend.  Rest of them are going by number of films hitting the screen, indiscriminately.  Even the Big B has not restricted himself to one film therefore the supply stream of films is much higher.  If the number of films get reduced by 50% than one can see the result in the box office.  If one movie is released every week, than only 56 movies are really needed, instead we have more than 200 films released.  Including the regional films the total film industry must be churning out more than 600 films per films per year.  The current rate of box office success is 1 or 2 % which means max 12 films are a hit.

Murali Krishnan
from Chennai
12 years ago

Not to forget about the films that don't manage to get released at all and sleep in the boxes. Some moves go straight to the dvd business.

LockSign in to reply to this thread