Which platform is best for a photoblog..?

Santhosh
Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

Wordpress??

Blogger?? 

Tumblr?

Typepad?

Posterous.?

there are thousands of options..?? Guys help..!!

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Blogger is the best platform that i have experiencd, it is more reliable, user friendly and can be customised according to needs to a large extent.  I have been on it from 2007.

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Selfhosted Wordpress is the best in all aspects..but not a free option..

Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

+1 Sujith ... 

Santhosh
Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

Thanks for all the goregeous help out there guys..!! Really appreciate it. I have decided to be on wordpress, I have my personal rambling blog on blogger though, I think Wordpress is more robust and feedback friendly ..! Thanks Sujith, I am opting for the free version for the time being. Will think about self hosting later.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Please remember Santosh that Google provides only 1 GB space for photo storage, so better compress the pictures and load.

Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

Sir, Ive decided on wordpress for photoblog and prefer personal blog on blogger, WP gives 3gb fr the time being. indiblogger havent verified the site yet...! Dont wanna "self promote" in the forums..!!

Sumit Nangia
Sumit Nangia
from Pune
12 years ago

Tumblr is the best one for any kind of photoblogs due to its simple interface..

Next best is wordpress

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

self hosted wordpress is best as Sujith said above but yeah its not free,if looking for something free then blogger is the best option.If blogger will start providing an easy way to add meta tags and meta description for every post I will never go for self hosted wordpress too

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
12 years ago

Can you please explainwhat basically are meta tags. I have heard the term often but i am still not clear with the concept.

LockSign in to reply to this thread