Zindagi Na Milegi Dubara ? Debate

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Some critics hated the movie for wastage of Tomato in the festivity, usage of the Bulls to run down the matadors and scuba diving to disturb the coral environs.  Do you think the criticism is justified.  The movie message or theme seemed to be you have got to take risk once a lifetime to go after your passion.  Do express your opinion

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i loved the movie...the message was very clear and inspirational. About the tomatoes, i dont think the Spanish people have to shell out as much as we do. May be the government takes better care of them so they can do the Tomatina!!! Just for a debate, what about people in India who believe in wasting litres of milk on a Rajnikant poster!!!! Huh...we are a nation of hungry 1 billion people and we believe in such trivial stuff...Lets look into our own plate first!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Excess production of tomatoes are dumped in the sea, critics are not aware.  Even in India the vineyards where wine is produced grapes are trampled upon just like the Tomatino festival in Spain.  Don t we consume the wine and relish it, forgetting the fact that spirit have been literally squeezed out of the foot stomping.

Umesh Ji , this is life. I am thinking to make a film titled Zindagi milegi Tibaara, Cast Sheila Munni and razia. You can guess the hero.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes i guessed the hero, i am waiting for the movie release Pramod Smile

So kind of you to concede to play the lead role, Sheila & Munni too have agreed. Just razia has dates problems.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe you are the hero of the film, who is Razia begum Lolz, is it Malliaka sherawat, who is known as Jalebi bhai 

Hehehehe, no dude, you fit in perfect to the story demands
Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

who knows if dese critics wr paid to write smthng so newsy by the ZNMD ppl demselvs :P I read a piece in Delhi Times, TOI claiming tomato scene ws reshot coz sleaze in the original footage ws too hot to handle.Do I blve?I dnt :P As for my exprnce wid ZNMD - I went at nine for the last show of the day at 9:45 and it was houseful :(

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Well critics are angry about the sleaze element in the garb of Tomatino festivity, it is phoren culture so the censors allowed it to pass

Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

censor is highly prejudiced!astethically shot and coming of age sexually liberating films are given a harsh hand and a well connected star powered film is given an easy run.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

No idea about movies! especailly srk type movie increses my anger!

Only news I got that srk celebrated a big party after bomb - blasts, no wonder. he is loyal to his......nationality. don;t know which is it? 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello dear in this movie Hrithik is acting not SRK thoughSmile

Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

The party was to celebrate ZNMD's success.he has done his nation great service on many occassions.this instance can be counted as a case of a different PR priority or PR gone compltely wrong.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

may be I don't know these things about movies people sharing news about srk's partys that only i know.

Monica
from New Delhi
12 years ago

arreh Mohini ji nationality ko question mat kijiye na.it sets a negative trend.wese hi dono nations ka origin and history of relations scrwed up hai.It wud b so good if we base it on humanity.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

First we have to see how many people threw a big party after the bomb blasts. For a city which is forcifully labelled its people as "the spirit of mumbai", it seems that media people love to hang someone's reputation for "going with the flow of spirits".

Besides, he's politically irrelavant. I don't see why catch his lungi or overescalate it unecessarily when our politicians are partying with taxpayer's money. Even Kasab is having fun with the royal treatment. Am I the only one who sees this hypocrisy?

Dude, the cake is sour!!

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Such dreams are really sweet but the facts and figs are different from independece. and abt srk!!!  I really wonder! can't say anything. bomb blasts is our destiny even god can't save us. 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Mohini, well i feel the show must go on philosophy must have dictated the need for a party. Generally parties are planned well in advance and caterers would have arranged for food, since the blast took place in the evening last minute cancellation would have meant that SRK would have had to pay up without having party, he needs to promote his film RA 1 too, wherein high stakes are involved. We can excuse him for the transgression and move on, and not get carried away by Samana editorial, which is biased against SRK.
Mayur
Mayur
from goa
12 years ago

Acting wise this movie was a disastor. Farhan trying hard to be flamboyant and humorous, hrthik overdoing his part and Katrina as always expressionless and unable to reach the audience. I don't understand why even the cast katrina. With a more experience and intelligently selected cast this movie could have gone miles.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe Kat added the cosmetic value and the looks of foreigner was essential, Nasiruddin shah was rightly used in cameo role.  Farhan's acting is good but his dialouge delivery is quite horrendous.  Hrthik wanted the movie to be hit badly, so that the stigma only in his dads movie he succeeds erases.

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I think the movie wasnt as bad as a Tees Maar Khan or any other histrionics which are dished out in the name of box office hits. Not a very typical hindi movie, you know, the scene where the son meets his father, was a very practical scene unlike other hindi movies..

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes i agree Priya, this movie had a different treatment considering that it was shot in Spain, most of the  tourist angle was covered.  Emotional scenes are far fewer than other movies

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
12 years ago

the best of such 'inspirational' movies is that when u leave the hall, you are super charged and you feel like u need to do something about your life.. take a risk, follow ur heart, leave everything and run away somewhere... and give lif a  second chance .. but then on the next day .. on a monday morning ... u wake up and see ur boss' face... the enthusiasm dies a premature... death. Sigh!!!

That's the irony, cinema is meant for taking people on a dream ride. Reality we face each second
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes dear unfortunately if you are burdened with targets and deadline, all the enthu gained from a movie goes down Lolz

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Pramod that is the real role of a movie in our lives, but some take it literally when there are negative features.

LockSign in to reply to this thread