Google your name ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I was amazed that my name search features at least 15 pages continuously umesh derebail associated with different forums, and partially in other pages stretching upto to almost 25 pages.  I believe if one is associated in different forums than one is benefitted in ultimately getting recognised.  Working for 14 different well known branded companies too has helped me earning this recognition in the field of marketing. Guys check out let us know how many pages of search result is achieved in your name, common names will achieve maximum result but it may not reflect one's individual profile.Smile  Can we consider it as brand building ?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: title
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
It was great to see my name on top of google list of searches. Great
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good to see your name in the google search page prominently, welcome to the brand boosters club Lolz

Up to 6 th page my name comes prominently, very good of google, Thumbs up
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe Pramod you have done a wonder PR excercise by promoting yourself alongwith the blog of yours.  That is the way to go, there is one Sameer Kamat whose name spreads to at least 15 pages, being involved as consultant in various fields

Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

My real name doesn't show the real me for several pages. My online brand names though show up pretty good. I'm new to all of this b*****ng though so hopefully it will get better on both sides.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Which other name shows up on the search please highlight Kristy
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My name being quite widespread, google doesnt feature 'me' much on the first page! Though my name along with my blog 'Arti@My Yatra Diary' appears in the 3rd result, now that is also quite satisfactory, i guess!!!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Arti, that is the pitfall of promoting only your blog, it has to be concerted effort at promoting your name alongwith the blog.  Of course being associated with Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other forums help in this direction.

Thank you for the heads up Subhas, I agree the more unique your name the higher you will feature on search results. Umesh I have about 5 pages but they get diluted from the 3 rd page onwards..

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Dr Vikram, that is a good milege, i believe if you keep contributing in various forums, more search pages will feature your name, by the way did it help to get in touch with your lost contacts and friends doc ?

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I agree with Subhashchy there is no provacy, My name is a little uncommon so when i google it out i get tonns of results all related to me, But as he rightly pointed out , it potentially contanis links to every website i am related to, every comment i ever made, my pics,my email address ,my office address and almost everything i ever posted

What goes on internet remains on internet forever, so we should try to be very careful while posting. Online identity needs to be protected 

As a rule i do not post my phn no at any place ,not even my facebook page, neither do i mention my address sort of half hearted measures to control the info :)

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Madhur Chadha, once we are active in the virtual world, we end up with e commerce, i mean undertaking ticket bookings etc, we are bound to reveal our phone nos etc.  There is no escaping the fact that we are target of attack by spammers and hackers too.  But to be honest i don t find that it has hurt my reputation at all rather it has enhanced my brand value LolzSmile

Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

@Umesh. When I google my real name there are 2 other girls that come out way ahead of me. One is a photographer who loves Baseball and the other is a writer, like myself, but she's black and I'm white. I went to great lengths to keep my real name hidden when it comes to social networking and such for years. So I'm glad it worked. Now the only things that come up with my real name attached are the things I wanted to show up. If I search my two main online handles, White Bhabi or Scandalous Sneaky, those are almost all me. I have first billing for White Bhabi.

Just a note, my last post, the word starred out is b r a n d i n g. Not sure why the stars to block it lol.

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

white bhabhi. LOL. but as a gal u were right  

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Kristy Kumari, well the solution to this problem may be in just adding initials to your name, or the year of birth or joining the forum.  For example Kristy80 etc, should help, in segregating you from notorious ids. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lol..

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@kristy its called as clbuttic mistake.. read more about it on google... :D a word out of the letters that form b*****ng is blocked and thats why you see starts... not first time you seeing this

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

try it with "" like "your name" or inurl:yourname intitle:yourname to see the difference

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Good suggestions to Krishty Kumari, to get rid of her name being clubbed with notorious ids.  Keep it coming guys

vipin lal
vipin lal
from chennai
12 years ago

A tip before searching:

Log out of gmail and other google services. Otherwise google may favor the pages you have visited before, such as your personal blog.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I heeded your advice and did the google search with and found my search result was equally good without any google sites open

LockSign in to reply to this thread