Sachin Tendulkar for Bharat Ratna ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe that Sachin is likely to be awarded Bharat Ratna on completion of 100th century.  There is a strong lobbying going around the political circles too.  Apart from cricket Sachin has been associated with NGO work, i hope he tries to bring up the downtrodden by beginning a cricket academy.  West Bengal s govt has cancelled the land alloted to Dada for having a cricket academy.  In this manner cricketers of repute are not given opportunity to return back something to the nation in their own field.  Debate plea

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sachin is out in the first innings of the Lords test!! And should this topic not be in General and Off Topic!!!
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Bharat Ratna cannot be treated as OFF TOPIC, it is of national importance dear DS

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Umesh ji Bharat Ratna is definitely not OFF TOPIC but how is Sachin getting it or not related to blogging??? How does that thing (him receiving the award) improve our blog or help us in blogging??
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Umesh ji Bharat Ratna is definitely not OFF TOPIC but how is Sachin getting it or not related to blogging??? How does that thing (him receiving the award) improve our blog or help us in blogging?? Being a cricket lover and a cricket blog owner, I still feel its off topic, its a personal opinion. PS - I am a great SACHIN fan and would love if He receives the award:)
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The blogging community has rise up, and support good work or recognise outstanding achievements.  It acts as a lobby to ensure that award for highest sports achievement is suitably rewarded.  Bharat Ratna is awarded to personalities who excell in their field.  Consider some of the awardees MGR, Amartya Sen, Lata Mangeskar, they have awarded for their contribution, is SACHIN any lesser.  The other sports personality who deserves is hockey wizard Dhyan Chand, i believe jointly they can be awarded for a change.  I hope you got the point.  Cricket is the most unifying factor in India, despite diverse cultures and religion.

Mayur
Mayur
from goa
12 years ago

Frankly great people don't care about awards. The joy of doing what they do best is their only prize.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes i agree with you Mayur, the joy of achievement is greater than award.Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread