Is Twitter a clutter?

Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

I joined twitter 5 months back but could not understand it. Last month I got active on Twitter. I found it little bit confusing and cluttered. Why I think so?

If followers not chosen properly, they flood your homepage with tweets related to get-overnight-rich-schemes-on-internet. But then no way to find and distinguish such followers prior approving them to your follower.

If you reply someone, it goes to whole world. Not an intelligent system.

Still learning this important tool in social media and please help me with suggestions so that I can use it better. 

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
15 years ago

I think its better to follow those who are related to your interest.And for repling personally why dont you use direct message.

http://twitter.com/theworldwinner

Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Reply option is definitely more user friendly and after using email for considerable time, reply implies a private reply.

How to find people with some similar interest??? I can find by name but not sure how I can find by interests. Please guide.

Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Reply option is definitely more user friendly and in internet parlance, reply implies a private reply.

How to find people with some similar interest??? I can find by name but not sure how I can find by interests. Please guide.

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
15 years ago

@Adesh My suggestion would be to first start following your contacts like your family members, friends & indiblogger forum guys u often communicate with. Get a feel of it use @replies & direct messages. One way to do is by joining the ongoing conversation. It may mean interference but that's how it begins. But remember you should be polite while doing this. Helping each other, asking for help are very important in creating conversations.

Once u're comfortable with this start responding to people on timeline. They will follow you if you provide them with good response. Another thing that needs to be remembered is reciprocation. Its a good manner to follow those people who are following you though after a careful watch at their profile. Retweeting is another way of showing the support. RT stuff that u like or is important. Retweeting friends tweet is also a good gesture.

While managing twitter can be a pain, thankfully there's an app called tweet deck where u can create custom groups of people u follow, all visible in multiple columns. This makes it real easy to manage. Further you can filter tweets using name in each column. The only problem with twitter is time, it can be addicitve & can consume a lot of your time.

Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Thanks Pushkar. I had heard about tweet deck and after your recommendation, I am going to explore it further. Thanks for simplifying some twitter principles for me.

LockSign in to reply to this thread