What is the Point of Indiblogger Network..??

Santhosh
Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

With current setup, there is actually no point in adding a fellow blogger on to the network. 

I think there should be a separate tab on the homepage for network and that should show a feed of all the bloggers on my network. Else, there is no point. I am not and not many are going to click on bloggers' profile indivually to see what they are upto in the recent times..!! 

Think about it indiblogger team. I would love a feed, similar to following in blogger,subscriptions in wordpress

-San

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Indiblogger network is helpful in terms of having mutual connection, with regards to recieving alert on a network post, it is better to add in their blog or subscrible over e mail.  I don t know how wordpress following works

Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

But again, what is the point of having mutual connection, if their feed is not available. Also, if there is a subscription over email or following a blog, then again the purpose of network is lost..!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe too many email alerts is killing my mail box, at least google clubs but yahoo does not club them, so it all depends how you view it.  I am happy that network is not linked to mail alerts if you are referring to it.

Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

I am not looking for mail alerts, a simple feed right here on indiblogger, just like the feed of my own posts on the public profile.

However Sir, I am not sure which email service you are using. For me Gmail with all its filters work like charm. My inbox is all clean and only relevant even without that stupid automated priority inbox.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The only point I see in IndiBlogger Network is Indimail.

Santhosh
from Ottapalam
12 years ago

Oh! I didn't know until now that you can sent indimail only to people with mutual connection..!!! Then that mail is lame...!! Well may be not, I am not sure.!

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@santhosh, I think that reduces the chances of people spamming each other.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yup, abhi is right! And that limitation also gives you the choice to avoid those people with whom you are not interested in communicating!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's true. It has no other use except making us happy after seeing the number of people who have added us on their newtwork.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Lots of modifications can be done. I agree with your point. 

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

even a feed of Indivine posts of people in the network would be a good feature, if not all.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

with options like Sort by popularity, blogger, age, etc

Also, Is there a way to send someone who is NOT in your network a mail? without going to their website, just through indi?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Rumbaho There exists no feature like that on IndiBlogger and the only way you can do is by forcing yourself to click the mouse a few more times... :-)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The only purpose it has is to make others know of our existence on IndiBlogger and of course, to reduce spam messages in our IndiMail.

LockSign in to reply to this thread