Poetry Blogs

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
12 years ago

Is it true that most  poetry blogs are from women? If this is true are guys not good poets or they just keeping it to themselves?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
12 years ago

hmm... .looking forward to more comments on this one

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

i dont agree.I have a blog mostly concerned about poetry..

Plus many great poets are men ..I guess its just a streotype now..not really true anymore :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think, to regularly write poetry you need lot of time. Most men in this country are expected to go to work while a sizeable number of women get to be homemakers. That might be the reason. May be you should run a check how many of the women poets are homemakers and how many go out to work. Among the working folks, probably you will find same number of men poets as women poets.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I don't think so, many of my friends are boyz but good poets, working in techincal field too. So it's nothing like that. 

Babli
Babli
from Bangalore
12 years ago

no biasing, its an age of equality... but I guess woman have better imagination then men... Wink

I have come across poetry communities jugded by mens too Wink  and more over ladies love to express their feelings better and more beautifully ...maybe thats why they write poetries Tongue out

sunil varma
sunil varma
from Dubai
12 years ago

Men have traditionally dominated poetry, if we look back all the greats of 1800 century have been men. I beleive this is more to do with the fact that men were more educated than women and they were able to publish more than women poets. With coming of internet age publishing poetry has become easy and we see more women writers dominating the blogs.

I may be biased but i think the more sensitive men, who love and render beautiful poetry are so tech averse that they still retort to the more traditional publishing, so we still see some of the best poetry that is being published is still dominated by men. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread