One thing that you like about social media marketing

Kapil Mudholkar
Kapil Mudholkar
from Pune
12 years ago

Social media marketing has really become a buzz word today. I would like to know my fellow members' opinion on one thing that you like about social media marketing. Your feedback is widely appreciated.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Kapil Mudholkar
Kapil Mudholkar
from Pune
12 years ago

@subhashchy It depends on individiuals how they use it. But certainly, i will not call it as spamming. It does have negative shades, I agree, however, it has really opened up the space for human conversations like never before. And degree of this conversation frequency is much more higher than spamming...

Milind Mohan Koyande
Milind Mohan Koyande
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I agree with subhashchy that is kind of spamming for average user but Social media marketing is targeting your target audience and promoting your website or business. So, using SMM need to be done carefully otherwise you won't get the desired results.

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

whats wrong with SMM?  don't actors, sportsmen and other famous people do it? When they vouch for a product, do you really think they believe in the product?

While SMM is annoying and people can be fooled, we are trying to argue that someone who gets paid to talk positively about a product is something new. The name itself suggests that it is marketing. Have you seen the recent trend of ads where they show "real" janta? Its all marketing.

There is nothing wrong with SMM. I hate it, but its not illegal. And there is no difference between a blogger pushing a product through a post and Amitabh Bachhan selling ICICI products (except that AB gets a lot more money). 

LockSign in to reply to this thread