Plagiarism in the Galaxy Tab competition!

Yash Bhatia
Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My post in the Galaxy Tab competition has been copied by an IndiBlogger!Currently, my post is number 1 on IndiVine in the "It's Time To Tab" trending topic. Here it is.And, Here is that person's post.Guys, please advise. I don't know what to do. :S

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Tagged admin

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

'Tagged admin'?

Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Yes..I've tagged this post to inditeam for their attention. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good work Sir:)
Yash Bhatia
Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Sujith- Oh, Thank you SO much!! :)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think the persons profile has been deleted by the Inditeam!!
R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Great work Yash for highlighting and bring this issue to the forefront.  I think this is becoming a brilliant forum to reduce plaigiarism at least by this extent. 

I can't help thinking this bit but I feel we need to get the other guy's side of the story too, what say?  As much as I understand the frustration felt when someone plagarises another's post,  I'm tryin to understand why he would simply cut and paste from the highest voted post.  It's like a given he will be caught - if he didnt want to get caught, he cud hv copied frm some random, obscure post (like maybe mine :)) but he chose the highest voted post... kinda beats my thinking ..

What say we give him a chance to explain himself?  From the look of his blog, I think he's a newbie.  And we all did make a lotta b****ers in the beginning when we were newbies, didn't we? (n in cases like me, I still dont learn :))

What say?

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i agree with you RAJ, We should give him a chance if he is a newbie. let's pull some details about him . everyone spend 5 minutes finding out a bit about him and post here. What say ?

Shubham Gupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Agree with you Raj on this :) Banning him from the community could be harsh ! If he accepts his mistake, then I suppose it's fine :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

yup, great thinking, raj , *clap-clap :)

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dinka Chikka! Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Here's his response:

Dear Renie,

As you mentioned, i had written it from his blog, couple of the paragraphs, which i liked, as i am new to blogging, just a couple of days, since i created the site.once the author reported it to me , i edited the whole post and republished it again, which is original content. http://techmacha.com/2011/08/30/nxt.aspx please reconcile the contents.

Request you to relook into it andd can assure you there wont be such incidents happening from my end.

We have brought him back onto IndiBlogger. All's well that ends well - lesson learnt and we can get back to blogging! Smile

Immaculately dealt. New bloggers are many times unaware of the word plagiarism even. My stand which earlier too I had voiced is to atleast get the content checked through copyscape etc. Before it is made public.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Well tackled Guys:) Thumbs Up for listening to the other party and understanding his point:) Agree with Pramod ji, new Bloggers are not even aware of the word plagiarism.
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Yes, A right step.

Nupur Raut
Nupur Raut
from MUMBAI
12 years ago

I respect Renie's decision. It's good to forgive Mr. Nivedith, a blogging newbie, and give him a second chance.But Mr. Nivedith isn't new to the English language that we can assume he doesn't know what plagiarism, or simply 'copying' means. As I understand, these two writers entered a contest. Copying someone's (and a someone who has so many promotions for his post, too) literary artwork ruins the spirit of competition.I've been prey to literary theft so very often and I know how it feels...and so I hope he apologized to Yash first, since it was Yash's post that was copied. 

Yash Bhatia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+10

Bishwajeet Mahato
Bishwajeet Mahato
from Jamshedpur
12 years ago

It has happened a lot to me and hell lots of content is copied from our site, if I find someone copying content I just simply file a DMCA complaint over here http://www.google.com/dmca.html .

Well, DMCA might not help in this contest, but you can use it when needed in future. Happy Blogging.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

if the content is deleted then the entry won't be valid, atleast if the content is deleted before the last date that is.

LockSign in to reply to this thread