Call for ACTION against Aadhaar / UID

Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

Folks,

Rs 15000 crore Aadhaar / UID scam is on the way...

To know more about the threats search google for "Practical RISKS of Aadhaar / UID project"

Please join the RTI campaign to Home Ministry

Though there is a category "Social causes & activities" the silly moderators here dont allow to do any activities here!

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending

"Aadhaar" a cheap trick by rulers to obtain every details of citizens. Corrupted politicians and bureaucracy will misuse the information in future.

Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Do you know who all can have access to the Aadhar database?

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Dude.. pls have some thorough knowledge on the topic before pointing a finger!

let me ask you a simple question with my own ignorance just the way you have towards Aadhar - How much did the middlemen pay you to raise such a negative tone?

Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

@Mohan, at present data is being collected  based on national population register (NPR), which doesnt ensure privacy and is open to public.

Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Even our constituency level electoral list is public, does that mean beach of privacy?

Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

@Mohan, visit my blog and educate yourself... i have gathered all the required materials to have thorough knowledge on the topic.

Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, rather I would prefer to suggest you to read the official page of Aadhar at http://uidai.gov.in/ and know how the data is handled.

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Let be Adhar or something like that. For better planning, development and crime prevention govt must posses a  database of the whole population.

People shouts over intelligence failure after serial bomb blast, at the same time don't want to accept the precautionary measures.

Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

It is well said that "Everyone lives in the prison of their own imaginations". You guys should read more and educate yourself about the technology and how far world has gone with technology and what threat is it posing on humanity etc etc. To the minumum please try to understand the constitutional role of Government.

These naive questions cannot be answered in two three paragraphs or in 2-3 minutes. you have to read books and develope a basic reasoning skill. I've collected some of the materials that you can build up your fundas. I'm not here to get blog hits, just to create awareness.

A bunch of ignorant and vulerable people can destroy the hard earned liberty that is build upon the blood of freedom fighters.

Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

UDAI is certainly not headed by IT ignorant politicians. It is headed by one of the strong man with vision and experience in handling such large scale systems. Also the system is designed and reviewed by a bunch of volunteers who work for permier IT companies across the world. They contributed to this in their personal capacity to make it the robust system through sabbatical leave!

If you can believe in SSN that prevails at Austin, why not UID in India?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
Well, Mohan. It is all fine now. But it can be a powerful weapon in the hands of unscruplous or autocratic leaders. Hitler aparently drew his list of jews from this kind of data only. So one can not just like that rubbish the claims of this person who started the thread.
Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

Glad to see there are some people who has wisdom.

@Mohan - SSN was origninally introduced "in the pretext" to make tax collection fool proof. Later all the corporations mandates the use of SSN to get their service. In other words, corporates bought a bunch of crooks who run the government to take the tax payers money to build their own trade infrastructure. This is exactly whats happening in India now.

more over you cant compare SSN with UID, SSN does not carry biometrics in the first place. On top of that it is backed with a bunch of privacy protection laws.

Look at The Sorcerer, he represents the average indian citizen who blindly believes the media and government who are confused to the core and lacks reasoning skills just because of lack of adequate information. Reading blogs is considered "shameful" here.

Edward Bernays in his famous book ‘Propaganda’ rightly said

“…The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. …We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I don't blindly believe the media :P. I don't get time to follow the news on TV and newspaper. The "average Indian citizen" is more smarter than you give credit for, your highness. Unless facts are presented in a non ranting, simple, no BS and a neutral manner, no1 is going to take sides. By your defination, filing for income tax and showing how much money you earn in a year itself is an invasion of privacy. But it is needed for the greater good. Similarly: if this UID can be used to curb this security issue effectively, I really do not mind. If its no different from voter's ID card and all that, then there's no point in applying for it, atleast not now.

Our minds need to be molded in any case: atleast enough to define good from bad and we need to be governed so that we stay good so that others won't be effected. If you haven't thought about it (or if Eddy didn't think the same): the imaginary limitation that we impose upon ourselves voluntarily from the start of our lifespan makes our individuality shine and gives an opportunity to grow. Human history itself reflects that. Anyone living in a civilised world should know.All this hate about UID and no actual facts presented. Ofcourse if the system is made that the card can be easily "duplicated" or if its an "optional" id card then there's no point. Last time I went to vote, for some odd reason I had to bring the voter's ID card AND the ration card. That sort of defeated the purpose of having a voter's ID card, but I had to get it since they made it mandatory for passport thing here.

Prassoon Suryadas
Prassoon Suryadas
from Austin
12 years ago

Is UID going to be a game changer?

Yes, UID is indeed a game changer. Numbering every citizen will change the game of government from ‘SERVANT’ to ‘MASTER’, from Democracy to Fascism, from Representatives to Authorities, from Republic to Oligarchy, from Liberty to Slavery.

The answers to following questions are a revelation of the impending transformation.

1. Is UID ubiquitous?

Yes, it will be with you from the time of birth to your grave. You are born in a prison where you are made accountable for every action; every move you make you will be under surveillance, everything you do is at the mercy of your Lord, your Master; The Government. You are treated as a criminal before you commit a crime. You are forced to give evidence for the crime that you are going to commit in the future. Your existence is at the mercy of the Government. 2. Will every Indian citizen having UID be able to prove his identity any time, anywhere in India?

Yes. You are NOT born free. You have to PROVE your existence on this planet to the Government; otherwise you are not allowed to live. Your existence will get constantly double-checked when you want to eat, when you want to work, when you want to travel, when you want to play and at every point in your daily life. 3. Is it possible for anyone to get two passports, birth certificate or any duplicate certificates in one name or somebody’s name?

No. But once your data is in the database and available to the BABUS/hackers, they can use it to get ONE passport ONE certificate ONE birth certificate or anything that you might need but you haven’t gotten it yet. The RACE starts now… is that you or the BABUS/hacker, who is going to get it first? 4. Is it possible for somebody to impersonate?

No. Don’t you know that we have state of the art cutting edge technology implemented all over India? Everywhere you go, what ever service you want to get they will validate your UID number against your thumb impression and iris scan INSTANTANIOUSLY to cross check that it is YOU, not anyone else. If there is no power that’s electricity departments problem; if there is no network that’s ISP’s problem, UIDAI has nothing to do with other departments. 5. Is it possible for anyone to operate bank accounts in another person’s name?

No. Don’t ask stupid questions. When you do online banking you have to send scanned images of 10 fingers, iris and other organs so that the system can double check its YOU, not anyone else!  BTW its better you change the passwords occasionally; most banks force you to change it every now and then for some crazy reasons. For UID you don’t have that hassle!!! You got the point? What about offline banking? UIDAI is going to equip all the banks with devices that scan all your organs and ensure that its YOU. All the banks have already networked to UIDAI central database and all the 1.2billion people will get authenticated instantaneously. Hey don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about NASA, I’m talking about INDIA! 6. Will the transactions and bank accounts of one individual be interlinked?

Yes. You are under constant surveillance. If a future government is saying you cannot do multiple transactions a day then you can’t. If they impose a transaction tax then you will pay that too. You will be allowed to do what the Government decides, which may be good for you may be not. Why don’t you take a chance? 7. Will a UID enabled banking system be deterrence to black money generation?

Yes. I heard that SWISS bank is asking UID to open account. Are they kidding? 8. Is every citizen who has a UID be safe from impersonation and misuse of his identity?

Yes. If that happens then YOU cease to exist! If someone makes a passport (under the table or fake), with your data which you already gave then YOU cease to exist. The other person will become YOU. On the contrary, if that other person does some criminal activities with that passport then at the time of interrogation there is no question about impersonation, because the system knows that it is YOU. 9. Can anyone impersonate and break through a UID mandatory security system?

No, because we don’t have any such system yet. And even if it exists we don’t expect it to work. If that works we don’t expect that there will be electricity, if both works we don’t expect the network to work. It will be rare to see all the things working together and during that short interval it will be hard to break through that security system. 10. Can a UID based security system ensure a safer tomorrow?

Yes. If that works! If we have uninterrupted power system, if we have uninterrupted high bandwidth networks, if we have vigilant support and back up systems to tackle failures, if we have disaster management and recovery systems, if we have efficient employees who come to work on time and don’t go home early, who do not slack, if we have top class management; Tomorrow never dies, Lets hope for the best and get the UID immediately before someone else make one in your name!

" Dude.. pls have some thorough knowledge on the topic before pointing a finger! "

I do not know to whom you answered. Anyway as a citizen of India I am fully sure that the collected data will be misused. After all it is India and we know how much careful and efficient our bureaucracy. 

Another important point is the pathetic state of supplying even ration cards to common folks in India.  Govt failed to supply it to 100% Indian even after years of efforts. So how come a common man can assure the success of such a process (Adhaar) except a private corporation can accumulate millions from tax payers money.

Potential possible wrong usage of Adhaar may even help racist groups to conduct genocide so easily (I mean an extreme case) by easily identify victim. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread