Reason behind your Blog Title.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Hello friends,

All of us have very unique and interesting titles for our blogs. But what inspired you to keep the name to what it currently is.

Why "My musings" "my yatra diary" "a light hearted talk" "narayankripa" " just like that" "rumbaHo" "hardwarebbq" "cricket wise" " wintechgeek" "India backpacker" "craptivate" "cybernag" "pure-love" and so on..

Share the story behind your blog title. Also, just for fun, if you could rename your blog, what would it be called?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: added more blogs :)
1-20
21-40 41-48
Replies 1 to 20 of 48 Descending
Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I plead the fifth.

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

but I am tracking this topic.

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

sorry? what u mean

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

subhashchy... check this...

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=iplead+the+fifth

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

err, thats ...

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=i+plead+the+fifth

sorry about the typo.

I still think your blog title to be inspired by usha utthup song rumba ho- ho-..,,,
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

I like that song :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

and your blog as well, excellent blog , :)

SunKau
SunKau
from Chennai
12 years ago

MY blog is called "CRAPTIVATE" .Explanation - We guys CAPTIVATE you with our CRAP . :D 

Great going sun
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Haha,  thats great. Did you think of this name? and what about your url? :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Wow! I like that thing a lot.

Nice name. Made me laugh. Your posts are interesting too. I wouldn't call them all "crap"

My first blog name I coined was maunvision, then I wanted to refine my creation, so my Musings came up. In this title I could write on any topic I liked. Then I put my full attention on my Musings. And here I am. then I started a marriagebook too, for all. Sadly I am not able to do justice to it.
SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

if u see, marrriage book has a lot of potentials. keep up the good work..

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Musings is one of the best blogs we have here on indi. It can be entertaining and thought-provoking at the same time.

about marriagebook, I definitely agree with subhash, it has great potential, PL ji.

Thanks a ton abhi & subhas Ji , for such encouraging words
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup my musings is a great blog... Pramodji is an inspiration for many:)

abhi & subhas ji, given new look to my marriagebook site, 

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

new look rocks PL jee, u have a registration option right ? Where users can register for your blog . How about adding a button which will allow visitors to register using a single click using their existing facebook account ? Wanna add it ? and also there is much more possibility if you want others to share some stuff on marrigaebook

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

My musing is really great......

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Love your style of writing Pramod ji... Simple and from the heart:) Hence touches the heart:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Why simply share teh happiness of your marriage life with others! The world can't see others being happy :-)

Nice idea abhi,
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

thank you :)

Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What is the subject matter of marriagebook? Do post the url if it already exists.

http://marriagebook.in/ I wished participation of young and old alike with interesting encounters, aspirations etc. By making it open for all site by registering free, and getting link backs too to their site. Awaiting nice response yet, it will take time I think.
Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I went through the contents. It is very good and I agree with Abhi too that you should revive it.

Thanks zephyr, for the heads up. I will surely Pay more attention to it
Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The name of my blog reflects my personality according to my family cybernag Laughing(http://cybernag.in) You  can read the posts and decide for yourself if it is apt.

If I were to rename it , it would be The Cybernag Returns Tongue out

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yup, the title suits completely Laughing. "Cybernag returns"  Even more awesome :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice blog Zephyr, loved reading the latest post:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Very nice blog, one I enjoy reading anytime:) Always leaves a smile on the face!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Does a cybernag prepare rotis too? :-)

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You are saying it as if you have been sufficiently nagged on my blog Laughing Thanks for validating my choice of blog title!

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

How about "Cybernag Reloaded"? :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
When I was thinking about starting the blog, only one thing I was sure, that it would be on Cricket!! Then came selecting a name, I thought hard and then thought that my blog would enlighten those who read it about cricket, in other words make them wiser!!! Hence the name Cricket Wise:)
I've seen and been to your blog many times. I really admire your talent and extensive feedback on cricket. Keep it up. I rem when I took my son to a doc as a child, & doc asked him what he would become later, he made action of hitting a sixer.
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

completely agree with PLji. excellent blog DS!. Great going :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Pramod ji Thanks for those kind words:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Pramod ji And that story about your son is heart touching:) Who does not dream to be a cricketer in our country??
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks Abhi:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Agree with Pramod ji... Super blog with great cricketing acumen!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That a good explanation but till today I thought that the wise used in your blog's title meant the same wise used in length wise, breathwise

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Haha:) No, it was not like that:P
R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Abhi, thanks for mentioning my blog name(or rather mentioning the name of the tamer of the two blogs :))

My reason for naming my blog name like so is the same reason that every fellow Mallu would tell u...

Simbly! :)

Cool

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Ha, I like both of your blogs, (and their titles too :P) i was unsure of how others would find it. :)

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

absolutely hilarious pair of names. Separated, they are average, but together... ;o)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Your blog's title can infact ebcome a topic for a group discussion on IndiBlogger,,, :-)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

india backpacker, is aimed at promoting indian tourist destinations.  The idea occured to me from the term backpacker, which was interesting and adventurous.  I have met some foreigners who pitch their tent literally for 3 months either in Goa, Om beach, Hampi and other destinations where they find living is comfortable and cheap.  I only hope it stays that way for domestic tourists too.  Even though we don t have the habit of taking long vacations, i am sure one day we will get used to a fortnight long vacation instead of weekends and extended holidays.  Let me now pack my bag for my next vacation Lol

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice Umesh! In India we dont take long vacations, even vacations are haphazard and monotonous sometimes!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice blog Umesh:)

only some are that lucky to enjoy full toosh vacations. foreigners have dat luxury. our mentality revolves around family obligations, and atlast feel proud ,that's all.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Great blog Sir

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lovely blog Umesh ji:)
Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
12 years ago

In this blog I want to write about experiences (not necessarily mine) of life - stories, moments, incidents, movies, books, music... basically anything that will touch us! and hence the intellectual name - Humane Touch! ;)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

A very interesting blog, Shankar. Loved the articles and the template as well.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Your blog name and the reason looks similar to mine.. :-) and the template is also good. I tried using such a modified wordpress template in the past but wasn't successful in extracting what I required.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks for the shout out, abhi Laughing

Reason -

Whenever I travelled to a particular destination, I always had this habit of collecting visiting cards and maintaining records of good places to eat, numbers and address of of hotels that I found good, in my personal travel diary so that it would help me later. This combined with my love to travel to pilgrimage places inspired me with the name - My Yatra Diary (http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/) - a collection of my travelogues in an online diary to help fellow travellers and also myself SmileRename -

This particular name has stuck with me for so long now, I really cant think of any other Frown

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Great blog Arti! Love it:)
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Arti, Good to know that your maintainence of diary has prompted you to brand your blog as My Yatra Diary Smile

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

One of the many good points of your blog is your personal touch which you add to all your posts.

If I am travelling to a new place, I would happily take opinions from a person who has already been there before, rather than a commercial website who recommends places because it has been paid to do so.

Happy blogging :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Arti's blog is ideal for all......

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ DS, Umesh ji Thanks:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Abhi Thats one of the reasons for starting my blog... I too looked for info that could help me during my travels but found little!! Thanks:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Mohini My blog is nothing Mohini. It is all the love that you people give is really touching. Thanks:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

It's your politeness. Everybody has to learn something from your blog.....whichever may be the sub. the simplicity in template and language. But complete info + pics.....everything just perfect. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Mohini thank you so much dear:) You are so encouraging:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I now underastnd the significance of teh word diary in your blog name. A diary can be inspiration for a number fo blog posts and blogs,

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This particular name has stuck with me for so long now, I really cant think of any other Frown

i can think about another name fr ur blog., that's myyartadiary.com :P

Sunita Kurup
Sunita Kurup
from Pune/London
12 years ago

@ Abhi:  kya baat hai.. really an interesting discussion :)

@ Pramodji the new look of Marriage book is just superlicious :) :)

Now about my blog name.. actually when I started blogging about a year ago.. i just had a simple name that is my name :) :)...but when I started venturing out I saw people had these unique names which very well related to their contents.  And then the great me also wanted to do the same, so I started to catagorise my content, but I really tried very very hard and then realised my blog was like a mixed pickle... search for anything and you will get it there.... Tab jaakar janma.......SuKupedia......thats my blog(inspired by my name Sunita Kurup) ... and the description is ... I See, I Feel, I Say :) :) :).....

I would never change my blog name...but just incase...maybe.. then it would be....Khicdi :) :) :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

SuKuPedia is indeed a very creative name, Sunita.  hmmm, maybe I should rename my blog to AbhiPedia....wait!! did I say that aloud? :)

sunita ji, thanks a ton for the support. you have been awarded surprize gift and banner i created myself and added with link to your site. you can check out.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats very creative name Sunita! I loved it:)
Manasi Vaidya
Manasi Vaidya
from Pune
12 years ago

I began blogging soon after becoming a mother for the first time and I wanted a title that captured the joy and the wonder of motherhood as wellas the changes that it brings along, and that's the thought behind ' http://hellomommyhood.blogspot.com/

Maybe when my daughter grows older and I have to put an end to mommy blogging, I'll think of a new name for the blog! I also write about other stuff: writing, books, non mommy stuff that goes on in my life..so it will have to capture all of that.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Great blog you have there, Manasi. While going through your blog, I am sure a lot of new-moms could relate to it and say "Oh yes! How true is that! "

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Thanks abhi, for sharing the name of my blog. Really great topic. It's nice to read stories of all bloggers. 

If I honestly tell the story, I was in search of true spiritual knowledge. and had an ego that I can get it my own by reading books. But I really got what I am writing by the grace of my Sadgurudeva, Spiritual master H. H. Shri Narayankaka Maharaj. So I know, I am nothing....nothing. This is the first name came in my mind - Gurukripa. I couldn't make this url. So the name of my Sadguru and the god - narayankripa. This word will protect me from the ego.  He is 85 yrs old and what a grace! He has visited my blog too. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats heart touching Mohini. Your blog is inspirational for me. Keep Going:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Thanks Arti...:). 

Very true, blessings help a lot. It's like a catalyst.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Ya Sir..thanks...:)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, thanks for sharing that, Mohini :)

Manasi Vaidya
Manasi Vaidya
from Pune
12 years ago

Thanks Abhi!

Pallavi.S
Pallavi.S
from Bangalore
12 years ago

When I rekindled my blog I was scratching my brains for a suitable title. It was mid day at office, I was sleepy having sat up till dawn reading a novel. I wanted my blog title to reflect me. Suddenly it all fell into place, the novel I was reading the previous night-Alice Walker’s Color Purple, the likeness with the character Celie, my love for life, love for purple- and lo! The color purple was born. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Quite some story that!! Amazing how we have all christened our Blogs:) Some really great stories!
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Very interesting topic Abhi:) Loving reading the stories:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

Yes interesting it is, after all, its my topic CoolWinkSealed.

But on a serious note, I often visit blogs with creative titles. But they do not have this " About Us" page where they explain their blogging title, theme and so on .. and I thought of starting this thread. Glad you liked it :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Of course abhi, you have many a good blogging threads to your credit Cool Rock on... Smile

Sunita Kurup
Sunita Kurup
from Pune/London
12 years ago

Thank you guys :) :)

Archana Mehendale
Archana Mehendale
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Abhi,

My blog is where I share my travel experiences and observations. I have been fascinated by the sight of clouds floating in the skies and this has been my inspiration. In fact I thought about the name while sitting and watching the floating clouds at Coorg. Have also blogged about it in my post about Coorg. Thankfully, the name was not already taken on blogger.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

yes,sometimes clouds have amusing shapes.But why havent you written a post about it ?

Angad Achappa
Angad Achappa
from Bangalore
12 years ago

my blogs called Wildlife Photography, well i think its self explainatory, thats what i do, photograph wildlife... :) My Blog

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

great blog you have there, angad. loved your pics, thanks for sharing.

1-20
21-40 41-48
LockSign in to reply to this thread