Are blogs just for show off?

kinnos
kinnos
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Why do we blog? Do we blog to express or  to impress others? Recently I met a blogger friend from kolkata who in his blog writes great inspirational posts about women but the way he talked about his girl friend and the language he used for other women was totally not in sync with his blog personality.So do we ourselves believe in what we write in our blog or we just blog  to impress others.While posting something people think  like If I'll write about this then people will think I'm open minded person,if i'll write about that then people will think I'm an intellectual.Please give your opinions

First 1-20
21-24
Replies 21 to 24 of 24 Descending
Abhishek Sinha
Abhishek Sinha
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Well if it is a show off, it is rather a difficult way to show off, where one can more often than not end up looking a total moron, for if u write something stupid that remains there to see, and can be used against u. If u really want to show off, blogging is a tedious way to do it. Why not google a status message and update it on Facebook and wait for likes. Why not simply hit the gym and walk like robots. Why not wear a Man U or Chelsea jersey and roam about shouting your allegiance, even though you know little about football? Why not spend a fortune over branded boxers and wear low jeans? Why not write comments like one I have written now on public forums? People do a lot of stuff these days merely to get eyeballs, but blogging is a rather tedious way, and I doubt anyone will actually use it merely for a show-off, may be 90% effort and 10% to show off that.

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

rightly said Abhi..

now if some one wants to be imposter of SRK through his blog then what you said is very valid..

show off doesnt mean ..faking till the dna level.. thats very tedious as you said..

Manisha
Manisha
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Blogging is about sharing....connecting  with people who wouldn't cross your path if you were busy with daily work....one doesnt always find people on the same wavelength  when working .....here you can.Besides you can share yr world with people from other fields.Showing to the world what you believe in or what matters to you or what enthralls you......not showing off.

The ego, is  known to be  prevalent in everyone. and a unique irony that everyone is so interdependent that a word of encouragement and we inflate like hell. and a small criticism with nice intentions even, and we go hayware.

a real incidence, churchill was to give a speech on radio and was getting late. on way his car broke down. he stopped a taxi in a hurry to reach the office. taxi driver refused to take him saying that he was in a hurry to reach home and listen to the speech of churchill on radio. 

churchill was impressed ,seeing a small taxi owner leaving passenger to listen to him.

churchill showed him 100 pounds and said, this is very urgent, you can have 100 pounds.

seeing the money, he said, ok sir get inside. now while moving churchill asked him now you won't be able to listen to churchill's speech. 

taxi driver says to hell with churchill' now i am at your command sir, 

now all the ellation churchill had  died in a single blow.

this desire to be recognised leads many people to many things.  

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

It depends on how you define 'show-off'.

I should have survived even if there were no facility for blogging in this world, but I have a blog . If you consider this as a show-off, my blog is defenitely a 'show-off'.

http://raghuvenmarathoor.blogspot.com

Sincerely,

Raghu

First 1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread