Are blogs just for show off?

kinnos
kinnos
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

Why do we blog? Do we blog to express or  to impress others? Recently I met a blogger friend from kolkata who in his blog writes great inspirational posts about women but the way he talked about his girl friend and the language he used for other women was totally not in sync with his blog personality.So do we ourselves believe in what we write in our blog or we just blog  to impress others.While posting something people think  like If I'll write about this then people will think I'm open minded person,if i'll write about that then people will think I'm an intellectual.Please give your opinions

First 1-20
21-24
Replies 21 to 24 of 24 Ascending
Kevin
Kevin
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I suppose blogs are made by human beings. And like in actual life where some people have their strengths and weaknesses same also applies to the blogging world.

If a person is writing posts that help people by reading them then maybe it does not matter how he is in real life unless he is preaching about himself in the blog which then makes him a farce.

the ego, resident in each of us , paves the way for our actions.

the element of "show' is the food of ego.

but some bloggers write what their conscience and mind say, and adore it with presentable pics, so that its appeasable.

some say it lavishly,with ammendments to avoid any embarrassing thing. or make it embarassing to gain attraction.

I think there is nothing wrong in any action, after all its his blog.

as per maturity one changes .

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Intersting... I never looked from that angle. However, it gives me an immense pride in saying that I have been blogging and knowing new people through blogosphere.

pundit
pundit
from Oslo
13 years ago

I can admit that my journal is mostly for showing off.

First 1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread