Indivine - Regulate posts per blogger?

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Recently, when I found some additional time to blog hop, I decided to go into the latter pages of Indivine..and to my surprise I came across some really wonderful posts.But these were from bloggers who contributed in lesser frequency.These posts were pushed back by a deluge of multiple posts of some bloggers!

As a result these posts/bloggers run the risk of being not discovered by a larger audience.This is not good - everybody deserves an equal amount of airtime/eyeballs for the 48hours their post is live on Indivine.

Lesser frequency of posting does not mean lesser quality.Instead of having 50 meaningless posts per day just to grab eyeballs,I'd rather want to see more variety of meaningful posts.

There are some bloggers who blog by the hour and some by the day and some who only  or rather mostly get time during  or around weekends.There the chances are high that these posts get ignored by most people - as most people just look at the 48hrs or the latest tab on indivine to check out some new posts.

My request - to regulate the number of posts per blogger per day.So that not only do we get to see more number of bloggers,but also a variety of posts.

What do you guys think?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: typo edited
First 1-20
21-25
Replies 21 to 25 of 25 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Renie... another enhancement request! see if it is possible to implement Parth's suggestions.

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

Mr. gyanbanIt is sad but true that this is a normal part of Indivine's system. IF the blogs that you saw were really good, People will surely vote for them and you will see them on tops soon again.

Injection Molding Troubleshooting

Build muscle burn fat

Lalit Singh Chowdhary
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

Hi Renie, if you are still taking requests here are some more.

1. Undo vote button. You see what is happening is that not everyone is reciprocating. Give 28 hours if there is no reciprocation the voter should be allowed to unvote.

2. SMS interface to vote using short code. There could be revenue opportunity here !!

3. Every-time a person votes, open a new screen to leave a comment.

4. If a person votes indiscriminately without leaving comments, undo all his/her votes.

5. Built in reader.

6. Create new section to promote blogs.

7. Reciprocation center for RSS Feeds, Friend Follow, Twitter, etc....

8. Comment exchange center. A place where people can leave comments without having to read the post.

Abinav, like your style of sliding in two of the posts. Every click counts man, money saved is money earned.

9. Revin, you can charge fees if people wish to post more than the current limit of 2 posts.

10. You can also charge for promoting the posts in forum topics.

Cheers

Parth J Dave
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You've come up with some really innovative and incredible suggestions, Mr. Chowdhary! Hope Renie takes notice of this...!

Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

He must notice, it is his Birthday today.

I sometimes post to Daily Kos, which has a mechanism to address this issue.  I'm not sure it is appropriate for Indivine, but I put it out there for discussion:

Daily Kos limits each person to one substantive post per day.  The way they try to regulate substantiveness is by (1) asking posters to ensure that someone else has not already written on the topic and (2) asking posters to have a minimum 3 short paragraph summary of the post followed by the post body.  If the poster cannot fulfill this requirement...they are asked to contribute their thought to a previously open discussion forum or contribute through the comments section of a related topical post.

It couldn't work exactly like this on Indivine, I understand, since it is a forum of a different animal, but something along these lines may work.  What is great about Daily Kos is that there is lots of active, passionate discussion of isues/posts daily, so as an author you interact a lot with readers.

Lazy Pineapple
Lazy Pineapple
from Pune
13 years ago

this is coool..restricting posts is a good idea caue I have seen many people upload around 10-12 posts and the entire Indivine is flooded with their posts. I get bugged up and mostly quit halfway...

I like this...

First 1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread