Indivine - Regulate posts per blogger?

Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Recently, when I found some additional time to blog hop, I decided to go into the latter pages of Indivine..and to my surprise I came across some really wonderful posts.But these were from bloggers who contributed in lesser frequency.These posts were pushed back by a deluge of multiple posts of some bloggers!

As a result these posts/bloggers run the risk of being not discovered by a larger audience.This is not good - everybody deserves an equal amount of airtime/eyeballs for the 48hours their post is live on Indivine.

Lesser frequency of posting does not mean lesser quality.Instead of having 50 meaningless posts per day just to grab eyeballs,I'd rather want to see more variety of meaningful posts.

There are some bloggers who blog by the hour and some by the day and some who only  or rather mostly get time during  or around weekends.There the chances are high that these posts get ignored by most people - as most people just look at the 48hrs or the latest tab on indivine to check out some new posts.

My request - to regulate the number of posts per blogger per day.So that not only do we get to see more number of bloggers,but also a variety of posts.

What do you guys think?

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: typo edited
First 1-20
21-25
Replies 21 to 25 of 25 Ascending
Gyanban
Gyanban
from Kolkata
14 years ago

I am not sure  if the definition of Indivine is the same for all people - 

Well if there is assumption both ways then separate the platforms.

Why not have one forum for bulk bloggers and one for single post bloggers or less frequent bloggers. That way no one misses out and everyone gets to have his say...

What do you guys think?

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I wrote a mail to Renie for implementing this long back... Looks like he is not intended in doing that.

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

KC you are right that frequency does not correlate to quality. Quality is very much subjective in any event. What we are discussing is the fine tuning of a platform to give all bloggers a fair crack. Posting frequency is something that can easily be adjusted, even if that does not apply to quality.

On your last point, the prolific blogger has a brilliant opportunity to showcase all their posts - on their own blog! So if they put a sample of their quality work on Indivine, people like me will click on their blog for more as well as posting comments. That's less likely to happen if they bombard Indivine with all their content.

Witty Jester
Witty Jester
from Pune
14 years ago

Totally agreed,indivine is not a place to dump all your blogposts in one go,it was created to share great content among the blogging fraternity,so there must be a limit on the number of posts by a user on some parameter.

The NRI
The NRI
from London
14 years ago

Gyanban, you raise an interesting point. The practice of "flooding" Indivine with multiple posts also does not benefit the poster. It risks alienating readers and is more likely to lead to less votes per post. Recently I came across a series of posts published near enough simultaneously by the same author. I liked one post and gave it a vote. However, I did not feel inclined to vote for any of the others (even if I liked them) as I felt I had already voted for the blogger.

First 1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread