Locked Gadget wish list for 2015

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

We all have gadgets... though we are free to love or hate them. We are just as free to dream of having more as we are to wish to give them all away.

Let us see what the gadget wish of bloggers for 2015 is... this just might reveal some interesting facts.

#WishList

Replies 21 to 40 of 54 Descending
Vaishnavie K
Vaishnavie K
from Chennai
9 years ago

A Kindle Paperwhite and a DSLR camera.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, a Kindle Paperwhite is certainly a worthy gadget... though I have yet to read one book completly.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Are there any gadgets for reducing weight? If there are any, I'm wishing for all of them... need to get back to my usual 57 kg. I am not liking my 78 kg avatar at all.

So if a geared cycle qualifies, I'm all for it... maybe a treadmill... or an exercise bike.

Now please don't suggest that the only gadget I need is an alarm clock to wake me up at 5 and push me out for a long walk/jog. :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Try to avoid 50% of Salt and Sugar items to reduce weight without much effort Laughing.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I eat lots of sweets but still my weight is only 50 kgs.  Cool

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

+1 @ Hafeezur Rahman's comment for weight loss :)

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

@Ranjith Tera din bhi aayega. Try to eat in moderation right from now :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@Ranjith, I think you were/are completely avoiding Salt then Laughing...

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ Destination Infinity, thanks for +1on my comment Smile.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

That's tough if your toothpaste has salt! :(

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

It is easy if one doesn't swallow Toothpaste Tongue out.

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I am actually thinking about buying a DSLR camera but I am not sure which one to buy. I was thinking between Nikon D3200 and Nikon D5100 and now a friend told me that with Canon EOS 1200D...I will be getting two lenses. So, a bit confused. Undecided

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I do have Canon EOS 1200D and the same combination which you will be getting with 1200D Gaurab. I would suggest you to go with Cannon EOS 1200D because ultimately, A good lens makes an amazing picture. With Canon 1200D, you will be getting a 55-250mm Lens and mark my words - That is something really good otherwise you will have to spend 17K just to buy this lens. So if in combination you are gettin 1200D, then its a good deal!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Nikon cameras are slightly bigger and heavier... and with a CMOS that gives a better output.

So far as the free extra lens is concerned... if the 55-250mm is a MkII, then it should be ok. You wouldn't be using a 55-250 too often...

The lens that I use most often is a 50mm prime lens and it is this that gives a fabulous output even in low light conditions. If you really need a zoom, try and buy a 18-300mm lens which will mean you can stop bothering about your default 18-55 lens.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Just today, I went on to actually compare the EOS 600D with the newer sibling 1200D and the Nikon counterpart D5200. While the prices of both C 600D and N D5200 are almost same, the small differences had me thinking to go instead for the D5200. The sensor size on D5200 is slightly bigger compared to 600D, although both are APS-C sized CMOS sensors. Tech jargon doesn't always help the way it claims. Like my phone is equipped with a BSI CMOS sensor BSI is back illuminated sensor, that is supposed to give better low light pictures, and mine just suffers even more than my 5 year old Nokia, when it comes to low light photography.

Coming to 1200D and 600D, there are not much differences, including the hardware, features etc, except the fact that 600D is still something superior to 1200D intends to replace 1100D in the entry level dSLR market.I don't really know a lot about the D5100, but among D3200 and 1200D, I'll suggest 1200D, and you should really get the 1200D kit (body + 18-55mm and 55-250mm) in around 28K, and that's really a sweet deal.

But yes, most reviews and comparisions give the Nikon cameras higher ratings for image quality than canon cameras in the same price category. Nikon's 39 point AF system too is much better than Canon's 9 point.

Shivam Ralli
Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Such  huge wishes And here I am like- I won't be buying any gadget in 2015/2016. 😛😊Innocent

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

So, give me your voucher then Tongue out.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

He mentioned 'won't be buying any gadget ', HR, he never said that he wouldn't be buying anything else. :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

:), so, let him list here what he wants to buy other than Gadget... or give voucher to others.Smile

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Hm. What I want? Well, I am like all of you. I love gadgets. Give me anything and I will use it till its death. But, for the next two years, I need to study so no gadgets. As for the vouchers, I will use them to buy books-they cost around 6-7k in all. When done with those, I will Use them to buy gifts for my family. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

As for the vouchers, I will use them to buy books

Just like me! Good boy Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

One shall really need to buy Books to become a Good Boy? Wink, by the way, is FK selling College study books?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

HR Yes Cool

Yes, FK sells college books also Innocent

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Nice then. They sell many valuable and new items. Whatever I bought from FK for my IndiVouchers are really worth.

By the way, I will share WhatsApp joke related to this but 'selling used items'.

OLX owner attempted to suicide thrice...because...

Some people posted ads on their website for 'selling 2014' calendars. Wink.

CyberKID
from India
9 years ago

Haha, @Hafeezur, you made me check out if I was one of them who were selling 2014 calendars =)) Luckily I wasn't one of them. Tongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

@ CYBERKID, I was also about to post ad and sell 2014 calendar in OLX or Quikr Wink but I got this WhatApp messager earlier than my action (there are already smart people). Owner would have tried fourth attempt Tongue out for suicide if I would have posted it Smile.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

=))

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

r, you are the guru. Aapse inspiration le rahe hai. IIT Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Innocent

Chandresh Jain
Chandresh Jain
from Delhi
9 years ago

Interesting to see nobody asked for the WATCH from Mr. India :) 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

It is an old model and Mogambo also gone, so no value of it Wink.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I'm waiting for the price of GoPro to come down... now that the gadget market has an influx of a lot of sports cameras with the ability to remain active under water.

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I'm kinda one dimensional in this respect. I don't to invest in a second DSLR but upgrade the existing one with a worthy set of lens'

1. 16-85 mm (or a 17-50 mm- brilliant for landscapes)

2. 18-200 mm, F2.0 (I have a 70-200 mm F4.0...just to cover the wide-angle perspective)

3. 35 mm (macro, must have..though I already have a 50mm)

4. 100-400 mm (wildlife is on my mind)

5.  12-28 mm (Bit of a luxury if you have the above mentioned ones...but it's performance is amazing)

And of course....maybe....maybe a google glass too :P

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

This is quite an impressive array of lenses.

I have a 50mm and it gives stunning results. Have just bought a 70-300mm but haven't given it a serious try.

KAJAL MAJHI
KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
9 years ago

Laptop Pro Camera Nexus Amazon Kindle real pentest lab :) sporty watch

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Whoever buys anything that they have mentioned it in this page, just update it with a picture! This way at the end of the year we all will know who were able to get what. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

who said anything about buying....its about wanting...wish-list are made so that others know our wishes , buys them and gift usMoney mouthCool

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I want to make Sixth Sense Device this year :P and @thesorcerer! I'll hopefully give you the picture of same :P

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Why it is necessary so? Smile

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Necessary to?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Only sixth! Aim higher. Till till tenth sense Money mouth

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Haha, that ll make me non-sense Foot in mouthTongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

So far Apple released iPhone6 thus you can make it (6th sense device as of now), you can make 10th sense device when Apple release iPhone10 or Samsung S10 Foot in mouth sooner or later Wink to match the trend Tongue out.

@ The Sorcerer, let IB to start HH for 2015 and let me get the voucher from HH/IB first for 2015 to start the list here with photos Smile.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hehe, check out that link which I implemented in my comment :P That is what I want to make :P and yes, HH are being desperately waited for.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I just want to know if those who want an iPhone, for instance, ever specify if they'd be happy with an 8GB one? Or they want one with a bigger storage? 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

64GB :)

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

You giving one? Innocent

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Well, Shivam, you've just won a prize... I think one is enough for you. :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

And HR... I've never seen any of the prize smartphones with more than 8GB storage. Hope the sponsors start giving away the high end ones now this year! :)

Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Um, well. One is enough? Okay. I must admit, winning that prize was like Woah. And sponsors never gave more than 8gb? Surprised

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Oh Arvind Ji, iPhone and Samsung already released latest Smartphone for internal memory above 32 GB Smile... you can refer their official sites as well. RAM may be 1GB but internal memory already in the market above 16 GB too. I am also surprized that sponsor won't give more than 8GB, and they may start to give 32GB when that is too old model at that time Wink or when 128GB or 256GB smartphone available in the market.

Oh god. Why did I open this thread? Why??? Now I've got so many more things to add to my gadget wishlist for 2105. All thanks to you Arvind.

PS: I decided to be a cheapskate and get the normal Kindle touch instead of the Paperwhite, and I'm quite happy with it so far. At least I'm reading more. 

The GoPro Hero 3 was definitely the most exciting gadget I bought in 2014. But now that the GoPro Hero 4 is out.... 

You're so right Arvind and Hafeezur, girls dig their gadgets as well!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Ah! So you see there is no end to love for gadgets. And the intensity is the same for girls as well as boys. :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

However, enjoy the gadget as long as you are using it, happy and satisfied Smile.

Parth Sabnis
Parth Sabnis
from Bangalore
9 years ago
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  • HTC Desire 816
  • Playstation 4
  • The new iPad
  • Lg G Watch R with the LG G3
Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Why do you need Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (AND) HTC Desire 816? 

Someone is Special
Someone is Special
from Bangalore
9 years ago

1. Kindle Paperwhite

2. Zenfone 2

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Frankly, I love the Flipkart voucher system... give me a prize worth 50K as Flipkart GVs and I can then go and buy what I want.

A 40' LED TV... or a drone with a camera... or maybe even the Galaxy Note 4... 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You only? Tongue out

I think you are looking forward for Sony's X900C 40" LED TV Smile. Aayushmaan bhava...

I am looking for Lenovo's LaVie Z Ultrabooks Wink.

Danny
Danny
from Chennai
9 years ago

40 inch smart tv

Bose soundlink headphone

Kindle paper white

Ps4

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

@UK... doesn't your blog focus only on fashion, food, and fitness? So where would you 'fit in' a technology review?

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

The fashion food and fitness themes were a focus when I started writing 4-5 years back. I can add categories as and when I want and will soon increase them.. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

With so much crime around, how about wanting surveillance gadgets like close-circuit cameras?

How about GPS activated tags for baggage?

Rajesh K
from Chennai
9 years ago

Surveillance cameras can send an sms or email when a movement is detected on the screen, or on a specific section of the screen. Useful when one is away from the home and someone has broken into their house or shop. One can even make the camera announce something like - "you are under surveillance and police has been informed" to frighten the thieves. 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

It is a good idea but on the way GPS tag and baggage both are going to be in a different location from Smart thief (gentleman) Smile.

Parwati singari
Parwati singari
from Goa
9 years ago

A dishwasher, that would definitely alter my life.

Anusha
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Awwww :)

LockThis topic is locked.