How many of you post original content on your blogs

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am really curious to know how many bloggers really write original content .. i was reading a very popular blog recently and to my utter shock the blog owner had reproduced the same content from another blog. 

Replies 21 to 40 of 84 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Original content any day.
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Original content has a feel good factor, when copied by others it is a let down, but it happens.  Smile

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hallelujah

deepika
deepika
from patna
12 years ago

All my poems on my blog are definitely my own creations (thought not very good)....but 100% original...

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't have much posts on my blog. But whatever I have written till now is purely mine and I have not copied from anywhere.

Most of my posts are inspired by some of my friends. Even Then, I have not copied a single line from any other person.

When you want to be considered as a Writer or a Poet, plagiarism is something that you should never even dream of doing. Moreover, you should be checking your posts every few days to make sure no one else plagiarised it. 

Well, if you are looking for a blog which has original content then go through my blog when you have spare time. 

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Pooja great to hear you write your own stuff .. the reason i posed the question is I have witnessing a lot of reproduced work from very prominant blogger ... cheers to all those who write original stuff .. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Who @Sangeeta
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm! Who is that???

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Original content .

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am not going to name and shame the person .. but lets hope they read it and can realise their own mistakes .. One of the greatest human beings are the ones who not identify their mistakes but also take responsibility to correct them .. Trust they will do this .. :D

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think you should name the person if he or she is such a BIG blogger. A newbie copying posts is probably is ok because he is not aware but a famous Blogger doing it seems malicious.
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

+1 with DSYell

Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I think the only way to deal with this is to make others, especially readers of that blog, that what they are seeing is not original stuff but the hard work of someone else.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
12 years ago

but lets hope they read it and can realise their own mistakes

Eh not everyone are the same. Best thing to do is to name them rather than not naming them and hoping that someone whom you know barely nothing about and no proof that this isn't done "by mistake" (lol how can you copy someone else's content by mistake I wonder). When you are doing it, the person's credibility is lost and he will be discouraged from doing so- in a way you're helping the victim......AND actions like this will prevent people to tempt from copying.

shaveta narula
shaveta narula
from karnal
12 years ago

well, i always write my own because i m a born writer... nd even dont hav much time to read anyone.. wrting is my profession and passion

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am sure you would be surprised to see that many people copy the content of others / e-mail forwards with no acknowledgements... I, on my part, have my own content... with a few posts taken from some blogs after permission and due backlinks for the original posts!!!

D.Hitesh Varshan
D.Hitesh Varshan
from Madurai
12 years ago

hmmm....interesting and blunt question for which many "copied bloggers" will just look at this and pass by thinking of this as their "arrest warrent"....hahahaha...anyway, i write reviews on anime, manga and movies. i even wrote a short romantic story myself. trying to write more. AND IT'S ALL ORIGINAL. do check out please. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

That is interesting. This thread is not meant for self publicity but your mention of anime/manga caught my attention. Not too many fans for anime/manga. I am myself a hardcore anime/manga enthusiast and plan to start on the reviews of them after I finish reviews of all science fiction/fantasy books I have read. Will check out your blog.

Aashish Sood
from Delhi
12 years ago

oh I am an anime/manga fan myself... All of my japanese vocab has come from watching anime!

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I copy all my content.  Not kidding. It's all copied. 100% copied.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolSurprised

Sujoy Das
Sujoy Das
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Every post!

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

It's a real shame you if use someone's else hard work and show it as your own and to top it up seek admiration for the copied work ... Let's say no to plagirism ... And show what you have in you to the world ... 

Cheers to true original bloggers !!!! 

Rumbaho.com
Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hmm, let me write a post today.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Del, Del, Backspace

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Click 'Publish'.

*phew*  tired after all the hard work.

Abhineet
Abhineet
from Moradabad
12 years ago

I too believe in only having original content on my blog.

This is why I write very less, but its never copied. My blog contains just a few post.

May be I need some encouragement to seriously blog more often.

If you like reading short stories, try two of then written by me here:

StyleDestino
StyleDestino
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Oh ya, somehow cut, copy and paste has become the norn and somehow Indians are the best at it. I remember when I was studying in UK, 10 people were failed in an assignment for plagiarism and the funny thing was 9 out of 10 were Indians (and 1 was Pakistanis). Lol

Its actually not bad to quote someone, but as Sangeeta rightly said, you ought to mention the source of the work.

For my blog, it's own content and whenver I quote someone I make sure to give them the credit and mention the source if it is a picture.

http://styledestino.blogspot.com/

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
lol, we won against the pakistanis here too!!!
Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

My own life experiences is what my blog is about. Cannot do the Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V because no one has lived my life ;).  Some times I imagine myself to be a poet and try my hand at it. Original poetry though not classic. 

I must admit that I have shared two or three inspirational stories I have heard, and few forwarded emails which were quite good by mentioning where they came from.

I used images from google earlier, but learned from indiblogger it was not fair. Since then I have been replacing the images with my own crudely created ones. Smile 

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

Farida i have been following your blog for sometime now ... and you are one of those authentic writers who write to please their soul and it comes straight from the heart ... 

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Me too! everything I say, be it on the internet or my blog or in public, is full orginal. Always freshly baked and served!

Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

:D just the way we all like it ... 

Sangeeta Reghu
Sangeeta Reghu
from Delhi
12 years ago

It's march guys ... lets march in with original stuff .... there is a world full of readers ... Have a good day !!!

Aryaansh Sood
Aryaansh Sood
from Chandigarh
12 years ago

i think i write original content.........maybe u can review all my blogs........and

u ll get to knw.......they are 100% original 

Mridula
Mridula
from NCR
12 years ago

My first post here, but I have been blogging since long. I post a lot of pictures that I take :D

LockSign in to reply to this thread