BNLF Mumbai: Official Thread

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Folks, our most ambitious project is now underway, and we need all of you on board. This entire thing is planned and executed by IndiBlogger - which means all of you can play a crucial role in this event!

https://www.bnlf.com/

You should receive an email today with regards to getting passes for this event, and the grand scale of things. In the meantime though, perhaps we can use this thread to discuss bloggers from Mumbai hosting outstation bloggers for the two days of BNLF (thanks to Blogwati Gee for the idea!).

Bloggers from outside Mumbai who are looking for a place to stay, and bloggers from Mumbai who have a spare bed or three, please let us know!

Unfortunately, IB will not be able to sponsor travel or accomodation for outstation bloggers, as this event is really quite expensive, far, far more expensive than anything we've ever done before. On the upside though, that means being at this event is going to be more than worth your while!

Also, if anyone has any tips or questions on traveling to Mumbai, finding hotels near the venue which are safe for women, so on and so forth - please add it to this thread. Thanks! Smile

Replies 41 to 60 of 182 Descending
Umang Trivedi
Umang Trivedi
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Hello all! 

I have got passes for both days and I would like to thank the IB team for considering me :)

I would be coming from Bangalore. I'd love to catch the same flight to Mumbai or share a hotel with a fellow blogger. I would reach Mumbai a couple of days early. But, will return back on Monday morning.

Please reply here if you would like to share a hotel or book the same flight from Bangalore. I find flights pretty boring :(

In past, I have stayed in a couple of hotels in and around Andheri. Can suggest some.

Cheers!

Umang

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Not Andheri East. Or as we folks call it- Mordor. 

Katie
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

TS, What would be the ideal area to stay?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

well, it depends on people's budgets. I never stayed in a Mumbai hotel before because...well...I have a house. 

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Given the location of the Lalit hotel, which area would be ideal to book a hotel?

Five six gals group together and book a room at lalit itself for 7k that would be best.
Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Not possible Rio as these hotels have limit on the number of people in a room

No body gonaa check in five star.
TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Katie, Youth Hostel mumbai will charge only Rs 400

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Thanks Techchumz will check it out.

Kaustav Sen
Kaustav Sen
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Staying in Mumbai is emerging as an issue!! 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Aren't there hostels or guest house? I am assuming most of you guys will be out except for sleeping and probably breakfast. 

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
8 years ago

try YMCA/ YWCA hostels very eonomical and in the city. they dont charge more than 1100 and all.. You can call and ask for availability. 

Rahul Prabhakar
Rahul Prabhakar
from Gurgaon
8 years ago

The Indiblogger team can tie up with an OTA like Makemytrip or Yatra or even Oyo Rooms to create a seamless experience for outstation bloggers attending the event. We still have some time for the event and it would be great to get a decent hotel and flight deal near the venue.

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

I enquired with few friends frequenting Mumbai and they say the area where the venue is quite on the high-end. Maybe it pays to check out sites like Tripadvisor, Groupon India for deals. If we are lucky might work out to our favor.

Humaid Siddiqui
Humaid Siddiqui
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I have booked a  room for two days with OYO rooms for rs 999 a day!!

Jayanth Majety
from Chennai
8 years ago
Dude, where exactly?
Humaid Siddiqui
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

Sakinaka.2.6 Kilometers from AIrport!

Salman Ravoof
Salman Ravoof
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Got the provisional pass for both the days. Planning to ride to Mumbai. Yet to plan my stay. 

Srinidhi TG
Srinidhi TG
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Leave applied, and tickets booked. The countdown begins! :)

Pragati Bidkar
Pragati Bidkar
from Pune
8 years ago

Distances in MUmbai can be pretty tricky..even if you see 3 Km on paper, traffic etc. can take a lot of time....it is common for conferences etc. to work out a special rate with the venue....of course, Lalit is high priced and even a 50% off there will still be high priced...

Other hotels like Mirage, Mirador, Baba International, Orchid etc. are all good..they are in the vicinity of the airport...anything in Juhu etc. will be 30 mins + travel time, I think..

IB, we request you to work out some kind of coupon with any of these hotels.

thanks!

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Pragati, That was lot useful. Now I know where to look for. Thanks a lot.

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Try OYO for economical rooms. coz above mentioned are lil costly.

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Any hotel in Juhu will be costly!

SUJATA TAWDE
SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Has anybody tried Stayzilla ? How is it ? If u have any queries , i would be meeting d executives n Mr. Yogesh today .

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Sujata, I was planning to. Please find out if they have packages for 2N/3D ? Thanks

SUJATA TAWDE
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Katie , sorry 4 d late reply.

I did a bit of PR-giry about #BNLF in general and Brilliant Bloggers in particular ,with Mr. Yogendra Vasupal , CEO of Stayzilla. He wanted the proper logistics of How many Bloggers for how many days and what preferences ? The good news is The IndiBlogger Core team is wellknown to him. I am sure he will get in touch with @Renie and give bulk discount or Stayzilla can arrange a contest in colaboration with IB to give Free stay at @Stayzilla as prizes for outstation Bloggers.

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Aw! Brilliant. Thanks Sujata. You made our travel and stay special. Big Thanks for your efforts. Anything that comes out is great. 

TechChumz
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I concur! Attagirl ! :-)

Divisha Mehta
Divisha Mehta
from New Delhi
8 years ago
Hello everyone! First of all thank you indi team for both days provisional passes 😊 I have booked my flight tickets from ahmedabad and I am looking for fellow blogger girls for stay. Can anyone plz update. I would be staying in a nice decent hotel. So plz confirm if anyone interested. You can msg me personally on indiblogger profile too. Thanks
Rajnikant Kumar
Rajnikant Kumar
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Still waiting for the passes. Not sure will get the chance or not this time. Well congrats to the bloggers who got the pass already.

Clementia DSouza
Clementia DSouza
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Nature at its best,Good news- I get a pass for day 1 #BNFL MumbaiBad News, My first paper is on 1st November 2pm- 6 pm Me- should I be happy or cry.. :( 

Well both, or division of time could be done 20 min happy 20 min cry 20 min study's
Mohit
from Mumbai
8 years ago

CA studies always frustrate us Surprised...I hope I don't have to attend college on Oct 31st and Nov 1st as am damn excited for BNLF.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Exam on a sunday ? 

you can still come for Day 1 then

SANJAY THAMPY
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Its indeed sad, but wish for many more events like this in days to come. You have a great path ahead as a blogger. Keep writing passionately.

SANJAY THAMPY
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Karthik Murali H, Exams on a Sunday, you are surprised. This profession makes up slog on Sundays too. Trust me, it's the blogging which relieves us of the strain and stress. 

Chirag Parmar
Chirag Parmar
from Ahmedabad
8 years ago

can anyone host me ?if you can,  please add me and i will add back so we can talk more.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Some people can make vlogs for this conference- and the part before that. like making the trip, reaching the hotel, traveling to the venue. 

Nice idea, i will surely make mine
Shameem Rizwana
from Chennai
8 years ago

Great idea! I will surely remember to make one for this ! :)

Gauri Kamath
Gauri Kamath
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Yes Yes YES! Got my provisional passes for both days!  CoolBig Thanks to the IB Team :)

SANJAY THAMPY
SANJAY THAMPY
from Mumbai
8 years ago

It is probably gonna one of the greatest events on earth. For a passionate blogger like me who #celebrateblogging its a dream come true to be part of this epic event. Space or no space at home, doesn't matter here. If anyone from outstation is to be accomodated, we all should pitch in. One or two, on mattrresses down on the floor, always welcome to my tiny abode. We bloggers are a community, a family, where space in the heart is all what should matter.

Vibha Ravi
Vibha Ravi
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Yayy! Got my provisional pass for day 1. Then realised, can apply for day 2 too. Did that just now and hope I get it - keeping fingers crossed. It's gonna be funnn!

Abhishek Agrawal
Abhishek Agrawal
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Had to cancel my passes for both days!

My heartfelt thanks to IndiTeam for granting me the passes for two days. Though, I am really sorry I won't be able to make it to Mumbai, I am not getting the required leaves from office to travel by train and don't have the budget to travel by air. Frown I am gonna regret not being present for the first BNLF, sigh! won't be able to be a part of the incredible event and have all that fun and no meeting with Bruce either. Cry

So, people who haven't applied yet, do apply still you might get the passes. Smile

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
8 years ago

I was expeting you to come. This is by far the best event in all our years together at Indi. We would have had our long pending reunion as well. I'll miss you man !!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread