WHY DO YOU BLOG ?

Hello fellow blogger pals!!

First, its wonderful to be amongst you all. Indiblogger rocks!!

Now about the topic.  I was wondering Why do we like to blog ? What makes us write articles, poem, reviews and pictures and receipes and all ?

For me, blogging means expression, speaking out, pouring my heart and soul out and connecting with people like me, finding people who are passionate about expression, and then interacting with them and getting some genuine comments and feed backs.  Blogging is therapy for me.  It has made me a happier person deep within.

What's your story? Is it passion for expression, fame by getting the "blogger of the month award", getting more promotions to posts, better connections and else making money by adsense etc?  What is it that draws u to this world of blogging ?  We are no bigwigs whom the whole nation wants to read, we are no famous bollywood actors, who will make the people swoon.... then what is it that made u create and then go whole hog doing templates, widegets and regular posts... to your blog?

Please tell me dear, I am curious!!

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: spelling error
Replies 41 to 60 of 64 Descending
Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

i blog because i like to blogSmile

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

again u started....

u cashed ur chance yaar...

@Mag - oh really?!! i didn't know that dude!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

@restless.... lolz.... but try "dood" in place of dudeLaughing

@ Mag dood - happy?! and who is this pretty girl?!!!Smile

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

hahaha.... ma alltime ( ahh actually recent time ) favourite crush...

hmmmmm!!! okay!!!!!!!!!!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

TO KeeeL my time and other peeeepuls! Tongue out

@ Addy - and same does ur pic!!

Shinjini Mehrotra
Shinjini Mehrotra
from Gurgaon
13 years ago

I blog 'cause I love to write! I like sharing ideas, thoughts, things that move me or mean something to me...sharing from my life the way so many other bloggers out there share from theirs...

http://peddlerofdreams.wordpress.com/

I also blog to share my passion for photography

http://invokingcreativity.wordpress.com

Hey Shinjini! lovely blog!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

and too KeeL taymm AAyeee comes onn deeesh forum two! Tongue out

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Laughing

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Its only you and me in the forum dood!

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

u said it "dood".... and m backLaughing

Nikita Goel
Nikita Goel
from Houston
13 years ago

hey.

pretty interesting question...

i started blogging for fun..but it has become an addiction...i got really niceeeeee people here...and i love to speak my mind and my heart on my blogs...its  aplace where i seek for rest...and when i feel like escaping from the ugliness of the world....i stay in my blogs...

i guess,its all about me.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

thnxs NIKITa.... that u really find me nice....SurprisedLaughingCool

Hey Nikita!  i know blogging can be pretty addictive, especially for expressive people like u and me and many more here! saw ur blog, could relate so well!

yes, u stay in your blogs!

RESTLESS

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

as i think its her pic that resembles with her blog the most

Garfield
Garfield
from Bombay
13 years ago

I don't remember when I began to blog. But I do remember why. I has just begun working and I so wanted to let fly at my boss. Instead, I let it all slip into a blog.  I say I don't remember when because the exact date I created that blog escapes me. Only the stupid satisfaction of venting my ire remains in my head!

Well, that blog is now defunct and that boss is a friend these days. The blog I post on these days I began as a sort of spoof on those stupid teleserials that rarely have any logical flow to them.

Well the spoof has ceased to be. I think that's because the teleserial it spoofed ended its run. Or perhaps, I got fed up of spoofing it altogether. Now, I just write whatever I want to:)

http://soaptrash.blogspot.com

Garfield
from Bombay
13 years ago

That should be: "I had* just begun working..."

Hey Garfield! intersting name! and equally intersting are your reasons to blog! i saw ur blog too!

hmm, somehow i also feel that writing what u feel like writing is more important, it keeps u close to urself.

keep blogging

RESTLESS

ankur
ankur
from mumbai
13 years ago

I blog because...

• I am not a great writer but by blog I can express anything. Its like you write what you want to as far as it suites you.
  • It gives you an identity.
  • it teaches me about dedication, there are million of blogs but not every one continue with that. Maintaining your pace is big deal.
  • Its gives you the option to giving back to the community.
  • I have never tried it, but for people blogging is source of income. No matter what they write, no matter what type of content, they just want visitors. Cool
  • its totally expression and you yourself.

http://ullu.wordpress.com

hEY Ankur! very nicely brought out all the points! very clear thoughts! yes, surely it teaches u to be consistent in your efforts, whatever is the result, u learn new things here ( learnt RSS!) , exchange views and unleash and hone the writer in you, to add to the above list!!

thanks for sharing that we us all!

RESTLESS

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I blog because

I am the Voice of Pain

I may soon be gone

May not come back again

My heritage

in the hands

of a two year old child

on her heart

my blog

shall remain

Healing Humanity

A blog of Pain

Thank you like your post ...It made me confess my angst

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

thats so many...

Hi Feroze! quite a different perspective! why do u say - i may soon be gone?

very poetic thoughts!

RESTLESS

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

i blog because... i love dis very much yaar

why should i give some husky reasons...  Smile

Oh ho Deepak! We know u love dis! na na dude, dont give husky reasons!!Smile

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

husky... hahaha....

hussskkkyyyyyy!!!!

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

wat husskkyyy...

dont make a issue of it yaar..

ok, sorry!

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

As some one said, to meet like minded people!

~Vee... http://psychesvisage.blogspot.com/

Smile

hmm well said Vee! surely blogosphere is the place where you connect with people who think like you, perceive like you or atleast can appreciate your perception.

glad to c u on the forum !Smile

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

My blog inspire me and I inspire my blog and thats the reason I blog.heavy..........I know.Smile

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ur blog needs an inspiration too..... for what ???

seriously quite heavy! but surely we grow with our blogs, as we are using more of imagination, more expression.  Our blogs keeps us awake and aware all the time, as we want to write better and write more.

Dr Pratibha Singh
Dr Pratibha Singh
from delhi
13 years ago

read it again I inspire my blog to grow .

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

ohhhh

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
13 years ago

When you have more friends in cyberspace and less in real world, blogging is only way to express. 

Also it is my way to take unwind and share my experience with others.

And you never know who you are going to meet in this journey? In real or in virtual world :)

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

yup.... its true man... Smile

I think, the best part is we donot know with whom we are talking? i mean interacting, that acts as a catalyst in bringing out our best abilities in expression.

In virtual world, we can control the way we express, highlight the better of us, thereby giving us chance to secure more and better friends or pals, as i call them, here. You really dont have to do much to maintain it, u have to reciprocate in terms of comments and readership.

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

thats a strong one.....gud going restlessSmile

thanks!

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Honestly speaking I started to blog because it was a buzz word then, so I thought why not me. But then I didnt know what to write. I started writing my everyday experiences. I just write whatever comes to my heart. That's why you see all the content is very simple nothing pompous. I liked the concept of following blogs, commenting on others, get commented back and thus making altogether a new type of virtual friends. Another advantage I've realised is , I have improved my writing skill.

Hey Unknown!

Thanks for your honest reply.  yes, its quite a trend to write a blog.  But being a Blogger and owning a blog are two different things.  We start with the latter, but gradually we work towards being the former!

True, u make virtual friends, I have many blogger pals by now. and yes, definitely, it improves the way u express. Definitely, it betters our writing skills.

RESTLESS

I started blogging to get connected with like minded people.  Also, it is an interactive medium where you get feedback and good interaction can teach you a lot. I like to write about what I think are socio-religous and historical injustices.  I also beleive that blogs can be agents for social changes. In South Africa, where I am now, I read last week in a national news paper that there are bloggers getting keen on mattes related to national curruption etc.

However, I am new to Indiblog group.  I am slowly getting used to it.

Restless mind with a sensitive heart, I like yiour apprach to give attention to every response.

All the best

Hi Prasanna!

Thanks for saying that. That was encouraging indeed!

You description matches with what I wrote! Its a great medium of interaction. and finding ppl who honestly read and give u some views on what u write.  I also write about current social issues, and I think blogging will bring change in our society in the near future. 

BTW, did u read the Chinese Govt had to withdraw the controversial Indian flags from the Exhibition pavilion, considering the pressure from blog posts on the topic!!

so blogging has a bright future! And welcome to blogosphere!

RESTLESS

HI restless,

My brother in law, when young ,saw the sea in Mumbai,the first time,exclaimed 'Such a big pond'.

I feel its a great sea out here and no body to say 'hey stop". you are king of your sea.

"The creator of the first blog was James Monro, he was a traveler from Cambridge, sadly he died when his trailer crashed in to a car but luckily his blog was already posted on the internet. "

If we want to be known we must either do something worth writing or write something worth reading.

On this platform we can do both.

Its nice and encouraging .

Hi Pramod!

Thanks for sharing that info, didn't know about it.

so true, nobody is a king here. rather content is the king apart from being interactive with readers.

RESTLESS

Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

I started blogging because I like to read a write a lot and there are several things happening around all of us. Like everyone I had a view on them and I wanted to share it with others and see what others think of it? I am, generally an introvert and like to observe human behaviour. So, my blog also talks about some such steretypical antics of people.

All in all, I will say, my blog is more or less a reflection of what I think about people and issues!

The people who write things close to their minds and hearts, in an open and honest way, without trying to impress others with great views, which they themselves won't follow, find blogging relaxing and soothing.

I think, this is your case Aashish, happy blogging!

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

Just to make sure that I'm up to something!! ;)

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

thats cool :)

kinnos
kinnos
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

I started blogging  a year back just to let out few things which were troubling me.Slowly got addicted to it and it became my passion.But now after few unpleasant incidents I don't feel the same towards blogging.Blogging has given me some wonderful friends so I'll always stay grateful to it.Everybody should try blogging at least once.

Well said kinnos! straight from the heart.... yup, the blog takes care of you, if u take care of its health ( ie postings)!

happy blogging

RESTLESS

vasudevan
vasudevan
from chennai
13 years ago

Though it was in mind for long to start my blog, I got it started all of a sudden.  It is mainly to post my thoughts (which is much easier in blog than in any paper or magazine) which can be viewed and shared widely.

welcome vasudevan! yeah better than a paper.

LockSign in to reply to this thread