Happy Hour: Celebrating Friendships With ZEE TV's Yaaron Ki Baraat

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
7 years ago
This Happy Hour Topic is only for blogs with an IndiRank of 70 or above.Submissions from blogs below 70 IndiRank will not be considered.

https://www.indiblogger.in/happyhours.php?permalink=zee_celebrating_friendships/

For the first time on Indian television, ZEE TV brings you a fun-filled chat show Vivo Smartphone presents Yaaron Ki Baraat co-powered by Amazon.in and Brooke Bond Red Label that will put celebrity friendships to test through a series of fun challenges and tasks. Tune in to ZEE TV at 8 PM on 8th October. 

Replies 81 to 100 of 131 Descending
Mahesh Sowani
Mahesh Sowani
from Peth Vadgaon
7 years ago

I got a mail saying that my submission does not meet the guidelines. I have followed all the submission guidelines and my indirank is 76. Here is my post http://maheshsowani.blogspot.in/2016/10/yaaron-ki-baraat.html

I have raised ticket #19137

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I got an update on my ticket saying, I wrote "its" instead of it's and some full stops missing in the post

This is not a major issue in my opinion and I feel its very very harsh to reject it based on that :(

Apsara Mishra
Apsara Mishra
from Kanpur
7 years ago

I did not got any mail for team yet...

what does it means? Am I in or out?

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

If you didnt get an email, it means you're late for submission or got rejected for grammatical mistakes

Mithun Divakaran
Mithun Divakaran
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Can we re-submit entries? Mine too got rejected (that's a first Cry) I've gone through the list of submission requirements and edited the article accordingly.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

No.. u can submit only once in Happy hours. and you can't edit an article post submission

Mithun Divakaran
Mithun Divakaran
from Bangalore
7 years ago

In that case can we just submit a new post?

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

1 post per happy hour man

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

The thing is, Mithun, the Happy Hour campaigns have been so designed that multiple entries are not allowed. Once you submit an entry, the "submit" button goes invisible for you. You won't find the submit button anymore on the happy hour page. Thus there is no way that you can submit a second one Cry 

But don't be disheartened, I am sure there will be more Happy Hour campaigns coming our way very soon, may you have a better luck the next time you participate Smile

Amina K
Amina K
from Chennai
7 years ago

Got my voucher... Thanks IB and Zee tv... this surely made my day... 😃

Thanks a lot, Zee TV and Team IB. Got my voucher Laughing I'm really, really happy!!!! I didn't have much hope this time as I submitted way over 50. Thank you once again... Smile

Nidhi
Nidhi
from Darbhanga
7 years ago

Ok so earlier indiblogger never ever did this. Some small grammatical error can be ignored. If the sentence comes out to be meaningful, team must understand this. Very sad. :-(

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Thanks IB and the sponsors..i did manage to breast the tape..now doing an Usain Bolt poseMoney mouth

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
7 years ago

Oh yeah.. even English Grammar teachers in school won't be doing such strict checking ;-) For a change, good job IB ..glad to see you even started checking grammars

Vinayak SP
from Pune
7 years ago

hahaha

Astha Goel
Astha Goel
from Jaipur
7 years ago

My indiRank is 81. I do not understand why my article was not accepted. I need a clarification. How do I raise a ticket? This was my article - http://www.makeupandbeautyforever.com/best-friends-sharing-part-life/

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

you have an option to raise a ticket in the bottom , mentioned as contact/indisupport

there you can raise a ticket.  and next time pls dont post blog links in the forum

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

from my understanding you have punctuation issues and minor grammatical errors for which u were rejected

iswarya laxmi
from palakkad
7 years ago

Astha.. click on contact/ indisupport.. mine was not accepted too and reason cited is gramatical errors :( 

Purba Chakraborty
Purba Chakraborty
from Kolkata
7 years ago

Thanks a lot IB and Zee TV. Got my voucher in the afternoon. Very happy LaughingSmile

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

A sincere request to Renie, Anoop, Swati and the entire IB admins : IB has always been fair in moderation in all contests and judged with great clarity on posts.However I feel this time it was a huge let down and frankly left a lot of people disappointed with the moderation . Rejecting a post for grammatical errors can be fine but missing out on a few commas and full stops, shouldnt have been a criteria for rejection. I was rejected for "Its" vs "It's" and other simple reasons.Similarly a line "I too had my share of friendships" .I was told this should be "I, too, had my share of friendships" and my line was incorrect. There's even a famous novel called I too had a love story without commas and certainly valid

My request to admins to revist moderation for rejected posts and consider some leniency this time

Astha Goel
Astha Goel
from Jaipur
7 years ago

@Karthik Murali H - Apologies, I am new to the forums and had no idea that we aren't supposed to link our posts for reference here. Thank you for being so kind to help me out. :) 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

No problem at all.. however you are allowed to post your blog links for reviews in the "Blog reviews" section and get some great feedback on the same

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

What kind of grammatical errors? The usual annoying kind or the grammar n@zi variant? Because I remember this one car forum that gave me an infraction in the introduction thread for not using a "," after "Hi". 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

kinda similar :) Mine was full stops after every para and "it's" vs "its" ..

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Wow, that's just bad. I can feel your pain. Independently run blogs are self-edited. The reality is that as long as it does not interrupt story telling or the "flow" of the content, it shouldn't matter. 

Ghazala Naseem
Ghazala Naseem
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

I think all participants should  get some participation voucher as many of us missed that Big Voucher for silly reasons @Renie 

Astha Goel
Astha Goel
from Jaipur
7 years ago

@Karthik Murali H - Would you please point out the errors you're referring to sir? I re-read my article but couldn't find any. TIA :) 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Some commas and full stops, compound sentences having no commas. Silly issues but that's all I could find.  :) 

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
7 years ago

Not that I'm affected by the strict moderation procedure of this happy hour, as I couldn't qualify for it - apparently only quality blogs with over "70" IndiRank made it, a criteria that doesn't really promote blogging, as you're influencing bloggers to write actively and there's no ranking good enough to judge quaity of a blog - and while quantity is sure importnat, quality is always superior. My concern echoes the same logic as those ahead of you, who got rejected and while I was not a participant, I believe I must also present my view on this; having read the previous few comments. 

Firstly, commas and full stops depend from a writer to writer. Even Chetan Bhagat doesn't has the perfect grammer, that doesn't stop him from writing novels, neither does it stop us from reading his lovely novels. It doesn't even mean that Bhagat has inapt knowledge of English grammar but it just means that in the bid to have clarity of thoughts and present his story in a simplified manner, he often focuses more on the story that he's telling rather than the so called "grammatical" standards of it. Remember, Shakespeare is not taught for his grammar, he's taught for his story telling. 

Secondly, there's never any end to what may qualify as correct grammer to one and incorrect grammer to another. I for one always use capital I, some don't. Similarly, some people never use ;, it doesn't make them bad writers - a writer is never judged on grammar but solely on writing skills. We're not here to give an English examination or submit a PHD thesis, the pure foundation of IndiBlogger was and has been to influence writers to write well and come up with a connecting story, a story or a blog that has it's heart in the right place; not that it has it's grammar right. 

That's my opinion. While I'm all for strict moderating, perhaps giving a little heads up is the way we should go ahead. 

Grammar : While, I'm all for strict moderation, perhaps giving a little heads up is the way we should go ahead. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Strict moderation includes weeding out posts for slack grammar, bad English, and a slouching creative impact. I am all for strictness...

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Well said Aditya :) 

Astha Goel
Astha Goel
from Jaipur
7 years ago

Supporting Aditya Jha's statement 100% here. I am not trying to brag but but I scored 119 out of 120 in TOEFL iBT recently, which pretty much gave me an impression that my english is not bad. Also, because parts of my schooling was in the UK, I have a feeling that I got a fair knowledge about the language. Punctualtions and commas depend upon where a person is trying to lay stress in his/her statement. Punctuations and commas change the meaning of a sentence. It is totally upto an author what message her wants to convey to his/her audience. Following are a few examples:Go slow, work in progress.Go, slow work in progress.Save him, not kill himSave him not, kill himLet's eat, Grandma!Let's eat Grandma!Put me in, coach!Put me in coach!(The former is a player begging his coach to be put in the game. The latter is a would-be passenger begging to be put anywhere on the next plane out of Dodge, even in the less desirable coach class.)Hence, overall I am left under an impression that may be they had limited coupons/vouchers and they randomly picked out winners. The remaining authors who asked from an explaination were given vague immature anwers. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread