vaibhav jadhav would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://vaibhavmarathikavita.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 24

Review my poetry blog...."It is not rhymes that makes poetry "

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi, i am a student of electrical engineering at IIT Madras. I think its not the "rhyme" which make poetry but its ability to articulate human emotions. The best part of poetry being it might mean different to everyone and still give us same feeling. Do you think the same? Let me know what you think about my blog and give me an opportunity to read and review yours.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: previous was not an appropriate title for a review
Replies 1 to 8 of 8
genobz
genobz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I agree with you Vaibhav. Poetry is, indeed, a way to express human emotions. 

Blog Review

Since you have black background for your posts, pls correct the text-color of the hindi poem to White. It is not legible as of now. 

Also try and use an image in each of your posts.

You might also want to include a 'Creative Commons License' in your sidebar.

Pls review my blog as well. HERE

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have now included the creative commons license.

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Harish thank you for the review. 

I agree that everyone is capable of writing poetry, but good or bad is subjective. Likewise everyone can be a  writer , everyone can make a film and everyone can paint.

Your definition of poetry seems to exclude emotions as an integral part which makes it different from my definition. I think articulating ones emotions rather than just perspectives and views makes a good poem. 

I will try posting more frequently :-)

Emotion is just a feeling, more like an intermediate to initiate the process, a directive, if I cannot feel what am I, most certainly not a human. People misunderstand emotions for pity, sorrow, hapiness but it can be anything, driven by anything. May be it stems from the fact that when someone cries we say "the person is very emotional", what about an angry man, he could be emotional as well. However views are more of an end result. They go along, cannot be parted. One stimulates another.

So may be you could remove the word rather, instead use with. Because when your emotions come onto that piece of paper, what do you call them, I guess "views" not emotions. Emotions are depicted, while views are presented.

Naveen Kumar Solanki
Naveen Kumar Solanki
from Mathura
12 years ago

hey ....u really have a nice blog.....except i don`t know marathi.......:P

The Flow was really nice......

:)

vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey naveen thanku for the review.

yeah i know marathi limits the viewers but its my mother tongue and i am much comfortable expressing myself in it sometimes.

Naveen Kumar Solanki
Naveen Kumar Solanki
from Mathura
12 years ago

@vaibhav.....so ur in IIT madras....I hav just seen ur profile......im also in chennai for study purposes.............

vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey, dats a pleasant coincidence andan  unpleasant fact that we both stay in "chennai" :-)

I am from mumbai though. one more year to go and hopefully i will be done with chennai.

Btw what are you studying in chennai?

Naveen Kumar Solanki
Naveen Kumar Solanki
from Mathura
12 years ago

yeah..being in chennai is the worst thing for me...im studying MBBS...its just 2nd yr...3.5 more yrs to go.....

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I cannot prove it scientifically because till date it hasn't been.

However I can explain you with Freud's psychoanalytical theory(proved and tested).

Mind or psyche has 3 psychic apparatus id, ego and super ego. id acts according to the "pleasure principle", seeking to avoid pain or unpleasure aroused by increases in instinctual tension. The mind of a newborn child is regarded as completely "id-ridden" in the sense that it is a mass of instinctive drives and impulses, and needs immediate satisfaction. Part of id eventually develops into structured ego.

The theme of "belief" is directly addressed by Sigmund Freud in a note accompanying a letter to Wilhelm Fliess dated May 31, 1897. Belief is described as a phenomenon belonging entirely to the ego system (consciousness), without any unconscious equivalent

Now I and you very well know that I love my mother since I was a child. According to the theory, this certainly cannot be belief because I was id-ridden when i was a child. I think I have proved my point. If you still don't understand this i will urge you to read psychoanalytical theory.

If you challenge Freud I would just call you adamant :-)

vaibhav jadhav
vaibhav jadhav
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hey, 

i don't really think this argument is taking any good shape. 

on a different note can you tell me what should i do to promote my blog?