Which is the favorite book of Indibloggers?

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Let us find out the most loved book of Indibloggers.Just post one book that you like the most and go back to all the time.It can be either in English or Hindi.

With so much interest in books we can have the best all time reads tab for everyone to share what they like to read most and it can be a permanent link.

My thanks to Dreaming eyes for bringing this up in an earlier post.This is just a continuation of that.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: missed out credits
1-20
21-40
Replies 1 to 20 of 40 Ascending
Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hmm... Its a cruel condition to let us pick just one :-)

If tomorrow comes - Sidney Sheldon. If comics can enter the contest, then like Renie said.. Calvin and Hobbes.

Since i can post only one, i will go with " A Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers.

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks to all of you or keeping the thread alive.It prooves that Indiblogger is a publishers delight.Renie/Anwin - how about getting Amazon on board (monetization)

Ok coming back it is interesting to see The monk who sold... figuring on both 'the best and worst book I have ever read threads' I posted - one man's soldier is another man's terrorist.Right Robin ?

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

The monk who sold his ferrari...

aniruddha pathak
aniruddha pathak
from mumbai
14 years ago

Catch 22 and Blink

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Lots of favourates in fiction to list.  In non fiction Ramachandra Guha's 'India after Gandhi' is one of the best books written about our country. You get to learn so much about your country. Loved it.

Cyril Sam
Cyril Sam
from Delhi
14 years ago

Sheesh!  Got carried away it seems.

One book eh?

That'd be a rather difficult task. I think I'd love to re-read the following books,if I ever get time:

Catcher In The Rye - JD Salinger

Legends of Khasak - OV Vijayan

Brothers Karmazov - Dostoevsky

Midnight's Children - Rushdie

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Marquez

Cyril Sam
Cyril Sam
from Delhi
14 years ago

Fiction:Fictions - Jorge Luis BorgesCatcher In The Rye - JD SalingerThe Wind From The Hills - SethuMidnight's Children - RushdieOne Hundred Years of Solitude - MarquezBrothers Karmazov - Dostoevsky

I can go on and on...

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

I'll have to name two books!

Fiction: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Non-Fiction: My Life by Bill Clinton

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
14 years ago

THE COMPLETE SHERLOCK HOLMES by Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle...aur koi ho hi nahi sakta...:D

www.sidoscope.blogspot.com

Elementry...my dear watson!!!

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Have heard about this one and would certainly want to read it.Can you pls tell me what it is about...just a little.Thanks...

Satya S. K.
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The earth gets demolished to make way for a shortcut highway through space, one earthman had a a friend from beletelguese, who shows him how to hitchhike through the galaxy at less than 30 altarian days a day.

This book is hilarious. Where Isaac Asimov is grand, Douglas Adams is a RioT!Laughing

If you like Wodehousian humour in a Science Fiction Space Travel setting you should read this! Every book he has written is awesome!

Satya S. K.
Satya S. K.
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The Hitch Hiker's guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams is the awsomest of the awesomest books I have read.

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Many thanks to all of you for keeping the thread alive and sharing your thoughts.

So far Richard Bach,Eric Segal,Ayn Rand and Paulo coelho are going strong.

Aditi Chakravorty
Aditi Chakravorty
from Pune
14 years ago

Umm.. i donno maybe alll the Erich Segal books.

By far d best writer ever.

Smita
Smita
from Mumbai
14 years ago

It indeed is very very difficult to pick just one book....

But if forced then may be "If Tommorrow Comes" Sidney Sheldon

In Indian Authors I would say "The Palace of Illusions"

Rajeev R
Rajeev R
from New Delhi
14 years ago

'The Class' by ERICH SEGAL

http://bharatmelange.blogspot.com

Pallavi - Writerzblock
Pallavi - Writerzblock
from London
14 years ago

Nice thread!

I simply LURVE  'Three men in a boat'.

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

The *** in the ****ens have been added by indiblogger and not by me. I guess they have a strong filter

Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

Most of you have mentioned fiction, i think I am the only one giving a non fiction and also related to my blog ( on personal finacne).

The most loved book by me in fiction would be: David Copperfield by Charles ****ens ( actually it also has a lot of ideas on improving your personal networth besides being a masterpiece in world literature)

Nishchaya Bahuguna
Nishchaya Bahuguna
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Yeah Rajnish, here you go.

It is indeed a masterpiece, a must for all aimless wanderers ;-)

1-20
21-40
LockSign in to reply to this thread