"Just Married, Please Excuse" - Book Review

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Hi Fellow Bloggers !!

I had submitted an application with IB to  review the book "Just Married, Please Excuse" .

This afternoon i received the book and need to understand what is expected out of us ??

Anyone else who too is writing a review can suggest or else IB team can guide !!

Cheers 

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

If you get a book for review, you need to review it. What exactly do you want to know?

If you just want to start a general thread for discussions like Indiranks and other contests, then fine. We can have a thread for this as well.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Is it still possible to apply and get the book for reviewing ? Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Guess too late. Apparently 200 bloggers applied and 50 were selected. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

oops... thanks bro for the info Frown

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

You can buy it at flipcart...its mere INR 200 only but a wonderful book to be missed.

Had u been in Delhi, I would have my lend my copy to you. Smile

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

@ TF - Since i have never written a book review, i intend to understand if there is a specific format to do so. Moreover i don't see a link to post my review . What's the intended objective ?? 50 bloggers from IB including me have received a copy and are we expected to compete like any other IB contest or get a change to get this published on some online site where this book will be sold.

If you felt that i have started this thread for general discussions and this is not required i can send a request to the IB technical team to delete this !!

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

General discussion are very much allowed and required as well. If you see we have one for general discussions on ever event or contest. 

As far as what is a review and where to submit, Renie has clarified below. Not too complicated, eh?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Hi Vivek, having never reviewed a book myself, I understand the confusion! Smile

It's quite simple, all you need to do is read the book and tell us how you feel about it on your blog. There is no format as such, so it's up to you. We'll be updating GetPublished soon, where you will have a link to submit your review.

Happy reading!

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
11 years ago

So we need not be placing the review on our blog??

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

sweta tiwary

It has to be done on your blog only for nowWink.

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Thanks Renie !!  I am very excited to read the book and write a review for the very first time. Since there is no format i will shape it up like a post as i usually do and will try to make it look professional :)

Who knows Yashodhara Lal might like my review and tag it on her blog or webspace :D

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The book is very interesting...you can write review in as creative way you may like. 

The author is a wonderful person too..you can visit her blog for further details...She just posted a contest (now over) 

You can defiinitely review, post a tag and add a link at her blog or page. If you liked the book, pl promote it amongst all friends, colleague, relative etc. Smile

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I was one of the 50 who got selected, but I didn't receive my book yetCryUndecided.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

hope you get it soon Smile... good luck for your task of reviewing...

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thank You Anunoy JiLaughingSmile.

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

50 lucky bloggersSmile..... did you all receive any direct msg or is there a url/thread for the list?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

We got a direct messageWinkCoolLaughing.

Ashreya
Ashreya
from vishakaptinam
11 years ago

oh they sent a mail to u with names of all 50 ppl who got selected to review??

please see if my name is on it or not. i haven't rec. any msg. but I had applied the first day.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I finished the review of the book and I have published the review on my blog. Can I submit it on indivine or should I wait until we get the special link on GetPublished?

Randhir Singh Suman
Randhir Singh Suman
from Barabanki
11 years ago
जस्ट मैरिड प्लीज एक्स्क्यूस यशोधरा लाल " जस्ट मैरिड प्लीज एक्स्क्यूस " पढने योग्य उपन्यास है, रोचक है, पठनीय है। विशेषकर नौजवानों के पढने योग्य है। प्रकाशक HarperCollins Publishers India A-53, Sector 57, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201301 India. मूल्य : 199 रुपये सुमन लो क सं घ र्ष !
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are not supposed to give links on the forumUndecided. Please keep in mind not to do so again.

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
11 years ago

enjoyed the book, and submitted my review today Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread