Shopper's Stop: START SOMETHING NEW contest

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Shoppers Stop Perfect Look

"Pick your favorite apparel & accessories from www.shoppersstop.comand put together an ensemble that’s the perfect look for This festive season. The most stylish look stands a chance to win some exciting prizes!"

So finally, another contest appears... and it does appear challenging. Mixing fashion and style with writing isn't really as easy as it sounds...

Details here:

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=69

This thread is initiated by Ekta Khetan and Arvind Passey.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: All for a smile from my friend! :)
Replies 1 to 20 of 72 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Sammya Brata asked me on FB: "Hmm..are they looking for just an assembly of accessories in form of pictures to create a perfect look? Or a write up to go with it as well?"

Even I'd need a clarification on this...

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi All,

Both would be good to have!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Aha! I always like the sound of this word 'BOTH'. :)

Same here.. I am looking for an answer too... I have been thinking about it since I have seen about the contest on FB..

The contest mentions.. only about shopping, flaunting it in the best way so that means pictures have to do most of the talking.. What part will the writing play... just that which brand n all n how much was it worth..

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Great contest. Reminds me Qvendo contest around the same time last year. Really enjoyed writing for Qvendo.  As they say a picture says more than a thousand words. Five pictures would mean 5000 words+. So why the need for unecessary words? After all words said, sweet though they are, words unsaid are sweeter.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

The Qvendo contest was both a horrifying as well as a charming assignment... submitted two post for the contest but didn't win. I remember it was quite a challenge trying to write a sane post for an online fasion seller! Even this one is going to a real challenge if one seriously tried to give a different touch to his/her post.

...and yes,  apost with just a set of creatively interpreted pictures isn't such a bad idea to explore! :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are a magician with photoshop, Mr. Passey. Go for it.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

By the way I had a doubt - can we pick the dry fruit box, gold coins etc. as well for our post?

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
This is actually a duplicate thread. Ekta seems to have created a thread on this contest earlier but put it in General and Off category. Technically that thread should stand and this deleted. I will leave the final decision to Sorc, TF and Leo.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think we should delete Ekta's thread as it is in wrong category and people have already started commenting on this one.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Ok.
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

I wasn't aware that Ekta had already created a thread... wouldn't have initiated another one had I known. My apology to Ekta.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks DS...It's really sad to see one' thread deleted...humiliating too...I could have revised the category as whatever reflected at that time were more or less same.

I don't know why Indiblogger and Rennie is doing this with me. May be I should stop participating.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Also TF, wouldn't it be nice if you wud have cared to tell me before deleting my thread? Or just dispaly of admin rights is more important than human communication? Such a display of power refrains me from participating in Indiblogger's forum etc. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ekta- Possibly DS deleted. I just recommended deletetion of your thread rather than this thread as this had 6 comments and yours had none.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ekta -  I don't see what is humiliating though. If 2 people create threads on same topic, only one has to be retained and other has to be deleted. So can not understand where the question of humiliation comes. DS mentioned the fact here and wondered which one to delete. He thought this thread should be deleted as you created first. But I suggested here that it is better to delete your thread for the simple reason that if this thread is deleted, 6-7 comments will go with it, while in case of yours, only your original post would go.  Just minimizing losses. 

And as far as warnings go, it is difficult as indipolice don't do this as full time job. Avoiding duplication of topics is just a routine activity. And till Renie can come up with a feature for merging threads, only Lock and delete functionalities have to be used for this prupose. So people should not take it as an ego issue simply because they same functions are used for spammers also.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The fool,

I am not a SPAMMER! And EGO would be best suited to you. Unfortunately. I am not going to write here anymore...who knows tomo u will delete my name from Indiblogger! Sealed

And you spoke about category here- This thread too is not category as well. And I thought Indiblogger is an open forum.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Ekta - FIrst of all I did not delete your thread and you come and make all kinds of acccusations. But I still patiently explained to you the logic behind  deletion of duplicate threads due to unavailability of merge functionality and that deletion does not mean the creator is a spammer. Still without reading you blast immature replies. Whether you stay or leave the forum, it is upto you and the admins. I personally choose not to deal with you anymore. 

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Just returned from office and a mess seems to have been created here. Ekta, it was me who deleted your thread. Actually I firmly believed that your thread should stand but the reasoning TF gave seemed valid. TF has nothing to do with the actual deletion of your thread, it was me. And please dont take it personally, do keep participating in the contests. If you wont participate, then the sponsors will have difficulty choosing the winners!!!
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Dear The Fool,

I have read all ur comments twice before posting my so called "immature" comments and "accusations". I wouldn't have any issue of getting my thread deleted for this obvious reason but what shocks me is your last 2 replies. You used all words like "ego, spammer, policing" etc while I just wrote my concern...Your first comment would have sufficed. And once again I have no qualms abt the thread deletion over Arvindji's thread. My issue was methodology that was chosen. And now I am really scared of you. I rest my case here. Not that I enjoy this fight or have so much of time for it...Whosoever deleted my thread, should have atleast mailed me once- doesnt take that much of time. Pl take this as my humble suggestion that in future too, it will be nice if u/anyone just drop a msg to that person (doesn't take much time). I took trouble of bringing it out rather than being quite and talking malice around and I know this messages r gonna cost me lot of things on Indiblogger without any explanations. So thanks!

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Ekta, we are not in each others network. So I could not send you an indimail. And your replies will not cost you anything... TF did not call you spammer, he was just saying in general. Please be calm guys, its Diwali time!!
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I am really sorry, Ekta. I apologize for calling you immature. I had no right to judge you. Words ego and spammer were used while it was clearly not directed at you. But if the very use of the words in a post addressed to you hurt you, I apologize. This whole set of interactions is going to cost you nothing except my friendship. (I had thought over the last few months, I had come to build a rapport with you.) 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Hey, hey.. TF and Ekta... thank you for giving us all such a great virtual battle -- but now lets say curtains to the act. I'm sure some of the more enterprising amongst us will add a few spoonfuls of masala and create a great blog post out of it so let all of it remain just that. Yes, let this remain an inspiration for creativity than a reason for isolation.

No one is going to lose a friend. OK?

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Oh My !! Undecided 

Mods, Next time onwards just do let the person know before deleting any topic or threads initiated by them.He/She are bound to get hurt (like Ekta D in this case). Its disturbing to see such conversation between blogger friends. Sad. Hope things got cleared and you guys become friends again. Ekta - Where are you??

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks a lot for your well intentioned remarks, Mr. Passey and STW. This matter is now closed. Let me not add anything more on this to prolong this discussion and drag this discussion away from the original purpose of the thread.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I usually do not start threads on general topics, but once I did about some meet. I found Leo had started a thread at the same time or a little earlier about the same drive, so requested the indi to deleted my thread. What is humiliating about this Ekta? You pride is your blog and no one can delete it. 

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I concede defeat! I thought this year I would participate in all contests - and even managed a recipe for Del Monte! But this one beats me totally. Looks like a conspiracy to ensure that I could not keep my promise to myself Laughing

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Like always, let me inspire you, CS. Just pick up some random stuff from their site and post the pictures and make one of your usual self deprecating humor posts. Thats about it. Style is one topic that is easy for you and me to make self deprecating humor posts on.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

You can do it CS. You can and you will .

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Perfecto TS and TSW....CS, we know you would write an awesome post :)

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

With all this encouragement I will have to try, won't I? :) Let me see

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Interesting contest!

Alaka Yeravadekar
Alaka Yeravadekar
from Pune
11 years ago

Wow.. this contest seems interesting.. but what exactly do they want us to do? The contest says select your ensemble. But if you browse through the shoppers stop website ( I did manage to open it at first click) there are pictures of full ensembles, or if they are only say churidars, a part of a kurta is also shown in it. So how are we supposed to put together a new look with these images?

Shivani Magan
Shivani Magan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

shoppers stop site is not opening :( 

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Its working good... check if you have typed it right... http://www.shoppersstop.com

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

Another Shoppers' delight...well am fond of ShoppersStop...and would be trying something new for this post...Wish it be a good to read post :D

Medha Kapoor
Medha Kapoor
from Delhi
11 years ago

:D :D :DA contest on apparel and shopping. *dances*The site is down. Tried opening it from various sources, but no results. :/Doesn't matter, though, I'll just take a peek in my wardrobe :P

Absolutely have no idea what is required in this contest. Undecided

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
11 years ago

can there be more clarity as to what is expected from us in the contest...

i too have the same doubt as Alaka has said:

"Wow.. this contest seems interesting.. but what exactly do they want us to do? The contest says select your ensemble. But if you browse through the shoppers stop website ( I did manage to open it at first click) there are pictures of full ensembles, or if they are only say churidars, a part of a kurta is also shown in it. So how are we supposed to put together a new look with these images?"

Farah
Farah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

yeah we need more clarity on this one

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

This topic -- like any other -- is quite clear. Interpret it the way you wish to and try and post something that no one else has thought of... you know, the biggest tragedy for any topic/ sponsor is when everyone has the same interpretation and no variations can be found.

:)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Best of luck, Mr. Passey. May you add one more gem to your crown.

The biggest tragedy for a topic is when everyone has the same interpretation and no variations can be found. The biggest tragedy for a sponsor is when people write random things that does not contribute to product sales.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

And you want me to write one that will practically have the sponsor mourning, TF :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Well, TF... sales, blogging, and b*****ng have already discovered that they love each other. Yes, when blog posts meander for the sake of meandering, they lose their focus and become unproductive... a small percent of the total number of posts will always be in this category. It is the other posts that need to experiment with ideas, formats, forms, expressions, and presentations.

Thus even a sponsor like 'Shopper's Stop' will tend to benefit from posts that link their inventory and aims to a surreal interpretation, or one that knives through intrigue, or a form that pulsates with rhythm, or an interpretation that adopts poetry... and so on. Let me repeat here that the sponsor will benefit IF THEIR TEAM HAS COMPETENT THINKERS IN THE B*****NG AND COMMUNICATIONS TEAM. If not, they will just snort and s****** and say: 'Why is everyone linking bloggers to b*****ng?' :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

The moral policing software of indiblogger has funnily dis-allowed words like b-r-a-n-d-i-n-g and s-n-i-g-g-e-r... hope I am able to fool it with my hyphens now. :)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Ha! Ha! I managed to befuddle the indi-software... come on guys, what's wrong with those harmless words?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Indiblogger's word filter seem to be bonkers. From the 1st word- remove B-i-n-g. Then from 2nd word, remove S. That's what's wrong. I know its stupid but that how Indiblogger's world filter works.

Alaka Yeravadekar
Alaka Yeravadekar
from Pune
11 years ago

The problem here is not about being creative in interpretation. The contest creators themselves say very clearly:

"Pick your favorite apparel & accessories from www.shoppersstop.com and put together an ensemble that’s the perfect look for This festive season."

However, the images on their website are not at all conducive to such mix and match for reasons I have already stated. That internal conflict between their contest communication and the images on their site is the problem.

They should have just said - blog on fashion/ fashion and festivals/ how SS is the only place to shop for festivals/  something equally vague and broad, that is open to interpretation and creativity.

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Been successfully inspired TF, TSW and Puneet! Have put up my post for this contest. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to coerce myself into writing for a contest that is way out of my interest zone!

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

CS, let me tell you that  this might be out of your interest zone but you can never tell how things can change ;) who knows our CS could win this ;)

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have won enough if I have won supporters like you TSW! I participated only because of you, TF and Puneet!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Loved your post, CS. :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread