Google stopped indexing my blog posts after posting to Indivine?

Deependra Solanky
Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

I have recently joined Indiblogger and started submitting my posts on Indivine. Now I have realized that since then Google is not indexing my new posts. I think Google is treating my own posts as duplicate because Indivine submission are appearing in Google search but not my posts.

Please let me know if this is correct? If yes, what is the workaround for this? Should I submit my posts to Indivine after 1-2 days so that my own posts could appear first in Google search.

Replies 1 to 16 of 16 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

Hi Deependra, could you omit one of your posts from IndiVine and see if that post is indexed by Google? That way, we can say for sure that it's because of IndiVine.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

But I think the other way round. For new blogs, posting on IndiVine may actually help the blogger as Google would be able to pick up new content faster. And posting on IndiVine doesn't make your blog post a duplicate of the corresponding IndiVine entry because they both do not have much in common except for the title, which is too little content to call one of the two pages a duplicate of the other.

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Well I have been now submitting my posts to in divine n have seen a small increase in my traffic.. Though I dun knw about indexing n all
Gunjesh Kumar
Gunjesh Kumar
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

I don't think there should be any issue as far as indexig by Google goes. Indivine submissions are appearing in Google search results because it has more authority and is better indexed by Google. But it has nothing to do with your blog indexing.

I agree with Ranjith. Google will not treat it as duplicate content.

In-fact, your post is getting benefitted because it is getting a back-link from indiblogger. And if Google finds the link to your new post from a reputed website like indiblogger, it is surely going to give it more importance.

Deependra Solanky
Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

I also think that Indivine submission will benefit indexing of any blog. But I am just surprised why Google has stopped indexing my post just after started Indivine submission. It might be (and I hope so) just a coincidence. Post URL, post title and post description are identical on my blog and indivine so I was just wondering if that could be treated as duplicate content? 

As suggested by Renie Ravin, I will try to omit one or two post on Indivine to know the truth :).

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

I highly doubt Google would see Indivine posts as duplicate content. This is because Indivine merely provides a link to the actual post. It doesn't post your actual content.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I fully agree to Aniruddha's logic...

Vallabh Kulkarni
Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

Exactly...

Indivine's post description is nothing but a backlink to your blog post  , google search engine finds the <H1> tags and <title> tags for better SEO..  If you are using same kewords for both "indivine post title" and your "blog posts title".. then Indivines post will come up because of the 'same keywords' and 'Indibloggers better SEO than your blog'...

Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

I don't have any issue in Indivine post coming up on Google search then my blog, I understand the logic behind this. Issue is that my posts are not showing at all on Google search :(

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Enter the URL of your blog post of April 30th in Google search box as it is. You find that your blog is shown in the search results. This means that your blog is being indexed. Post that are just one or two days old may not show up as your blog is relatively new and it takes time for Google to pick up new pages of sites that are new.

Understand that being indexed and being shown on the first page of search results is completely different. You can read one of my forum posts about indexing here.

If you have any doubts, feel free to ask. Smile

Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

Hi Ranjith,

I am 100% agree with you but ironically I signed up on Indiblogger on 31st and my posts after that date are not indexed by Google. As I have also said above as well that might just be coincidence. But prior to signing up on indiblogger my posts were apperaring in Google search just after 2 hours of posting. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Yes, even I see that the last two posts of yours haven't been indexed. But if I search for the text from the post made on April 1 , I see the home page of your site being displayed as a result which implies that Google has crawled your site but hasn't followed the link to your blog post. Now, I have no idea about this behaviour. :(

Just wait and see what happens as something else might have occured or may be such things keep happening even under normal circumstances!

Vallabh Kulkarni
Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

huuhh..!!  You may try to post in indivine after 2 days of your actual blog posting...  

or try to use differnt title for indivine post than your actual blog post....

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I think this page may help you which tells you how to manually add web pages to Google's index.

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I am regularly posting my news posts to indi vine and fior that I am getting two of my posts on top 2-3 pages of google....First one is my original post, and 2nd one is the Indi vine one.....It works great......No issues at all....I guess you need to re-submit your sitemap for better indexing......

Deependra Solanky
Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

Yesterday I wrote a new post for my blog and this time not submitted on Indivine till now. Still the post is not coming on Google Search although it is too early to conclude anything. If this post is also not indexed I think there might be some issue with my Blogger Template. I am seriously considering to shift to Wordpress Hosted from blogger to avoid such issues.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
11 years ago

is webmaster tools installed properly on your site?do u have google analytics setup correctly?are you pinging your site, auto/manually?also check robot.txt and htaccess on your hosting (if selt-hosted)

a reminder - blogger is owned by google, indexing it should not be a problem. blogger will get indexed faster than anything else. 

indivine has nothing to do with indexing or de-indexing of any post or website. everything is moderated here.

use - site:www.yourdomain.com to check indexing of website

create a few backlinks (genuine ones) ping them and see if still the issue persists.

Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

I have setup Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Feedburner with Pingshot activated, Ping-o-Matic, Google+ Page, Twitter handle, Facebook page. I am regularly creating genuine backlinks. Everything was working fine untill few days back.

I have changed template one week back and today I noticed that whole content of posts is there is source code of home page. Can it be a reason for Google treating my content as Duplicate? 

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
11 years ago

stick with one analytics tool, don't crowd your blog with too much javascript .. 

there are a lot of free online tools to analyse any page/website for seo .. these can help you to a certain extent figure out what exactly is causing the crawl problem. also check with webmaster tools it has a section where it shows crawl errors.

hope this helps

Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

I don't think apart from Google Analytics any other tools I have mentioned require Javascript to be put on blog. I was meant to say that I have done enough for publicizing the blog.  Anyway yesterday I have migrated my blog to wordpress from blogger. Let's see what happens now.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
11 years ago

all the best bro

Vallabh Kulkarni
Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

Hey.. Last night I was checking the same for my blog.. and its not getting indexed.. also my blogs link is also not showing by the google.. Actuly its not because of indiblogger but its my personal issue.. I've also changed the blog template.. I think  ihave to change it..

Earliar webmaster- sitemap shows 43/45 posts are indexed. but now it shows 0 indexed..

Deependra Solanky
Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

Today I checked two of my posts are indexed now by Google. So this might not be related to Indivine. One strange thing I noticed yesterday that I was getting many visitors from Google search by some specific keywords to one of my new post. When I searched on Google with same keywords my post was not coming in search, even the exact URL was not indexed. Then I checked more details on Google Analytics and found that the visitors were coming from Opera Mini and UCWeb browser. Then I searched the same keywords on Google Search in Opera Mini and post was coming on first page while searching. Any comments on this strange behaviour ?

Alexander Gounder
Alexander Gounder
from Mumbai
11 years ago

This is a genuine concern and may effect different blogs in different ways, my advice would be IndiVine should consider implementing a rel canonical type of meta tag which will point to the original source, anyways IndiVine isn't targeting google traffic but rather traffic from within the IndiBlogger Community.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

rel="canonical" is used for a completely different purpose. See this page.

The rel="canonical" attribute should be used only to specify the preferred version of many pages with identical content 

Deependra Solanky
Deependra Solanky
from Ghaziabad
11 years ago

Update : After migrating to wordpress things seems to be settled well. Today I have posted one new blog post which was avaialble on Google Search only within an hour even after posting to Indivine simaltenously. And when I searched some keywords my post is coming above Indiblogger. So I think there is no negative effect of Indivine. I might be facing some other issues of which I am still not aware of. Overall I am feeling very comfortable after moving to Wordpress from Blogger.

LockSign in to reply to this thread