SHARE a good sentence you wrote? said? Your OWN!!

I occasionally catch myself writing or saying sentences that make me exclaim:That was great!. I am talking about my own words - not borrowed ones...my own quotations if I may say so.

What is, according to you, your best sentence, spoken or written? Your aha sentence? I repeat it must be your very OWN.

I just wrote a good one, according to me, as I relpied to a post 'Is blogging a waste of time' on indiblogger. I wrote, " The blog is mightier than the bullet.

Venkata Vinay @ Affirmative Thinking

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: CHOICE OF WORDS
Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
Prasad Np
Prasad Np
from Delhi / Gurgaon
14 years ago

" some facts are more fabulos than fiction"

I intend to use it in my book some time in near future.

Best wishes for your book, my friend. I am sure your book will be more fabulous than fiction and more fascinating than fact.

Thanks for a fantastic sentence. Dil mange more...

Vipul Grover
Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

"...as it always happens, the present will become the past and the past is best forgotten to prepare for the future. We tend to make this mistake believing that future will bring something new, never realizing that clues of the future lie in the past itself."

Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

Great, sentences.

While the sentence flows like a brook, bubbling and gurgling, like Tennyson said, I wonder if if in the last line "clues of the future lie in the past itself" is semantically apt. I was thinking that it should be clues of the future lie in the present itself." Could you clarify, please?

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Vinay, the basis of historical studies of humanities is based on this very tenet.

Present will definitely shape the future as it flows into it but we can't analyse it. Past can be best analysed due to the benefit of hindsight.

If we collect the right clues from the past we can tame the flow of present into the future.

What do you think?

Sorry but the line " past is best forgotten to prepare for the future" is still holding me back.  Could you throw more light on it?

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

Ok.. read my post where i used this sentence to see it in the right context. It will make the job easier for both of us:)

http://vipulgrover.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-de-reservations-about-reservation.html

Having read it, I believe u'l realise " past is best forgotten to prepare for the future" seems out of sorts in the given context!

I read your post. In the seed of the past is the fruit of the future. Now I get it. Brilliant analysis. As you said, however good the intention may be, it the implementation that bares it all. It however should not be a 'survival strategy' by those in power and a 'get-power strategy' for those in the waiting. Either way all will lose. Why not have a win-win situation?

And why is that your comment asks for a google/blogger account only? how about other ways of posting?

Vipul Grover
from Chandigarh
14 years ago

yeah vinay u put it the right way-In the seed of the past is the fruit of the future.

nd yeah i changed the comments option. I nvr realised it b4. now even wordpress nd other open id users cn comment.

Here are two more...

• What can be said in a word can be said in a million.
  • Today's reader has changed his reading format from a test match to a 20-20 game.

From my reply to the post on "What is your opinion about HUGE posts? Share your opinions!" at http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=1566

Dil me hai more...

Venkata Vinay @ Affirmative Thinking

sm
sm
from india
14 years ago

what is the food of blog , reader and comments

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Interesting thought. And is it blog or blogger? Just a doubt. Laughing

sm
from india
14 years ago

vinay you can say both

lol

Harsh
Harsh
from Mumbai
14 years ago

" Success knocked at my door .... but I was so busy looking for success that I missed it . "

I think the key word is 'looking'. And I lost out because I was not listening. Did I understand right?

Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
14 years ago

Wow this is a great thread .. (my own:D)

well I always say ," we are all connected in this universe through our heartstrings and whenever someone plays a melodious symphony some other dances to it's tune ..that is how unknown unseen unheard our hearts beat for each other and form an invisible chain of love."

what say? How many agree?

ketan
from coimbatore
14 years ago

very true.. nice thought and creative.

The word 'heartstrings' is a warm word. And that it connects all of us is one of the 'warmest' expressions, I have come across. Thanks for sharing. Your melodius thought will surely touch many heartstrings.

Prashant Dhanke
Prashant Dhanke
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I published this quote long back in 2003 on a site for self-quotes and it was liked by many. I google it from time to time and see that some people have made it their tag-line.

"We are all self-centered; it is the radius that matters"

Some add my name below it, others don't :). Some have modified it slightly.

Yesterday evening in one of the discussions with a group of 'intellectuals', I was recalling your sentence, Prashant Dhanke. The discussion went on for about an hour. It is that powerful. Thank you.

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I liked this thread.

There was a one-liner I had once written in a communications skills assignment in college. We were told to elaborate on a quote "God was a mathematician". I wrote that the quote means that either God no longer exists or he is no longer a mathematician. I later put it on one of my blog posts as well.

"Either God no longer exists or he is no longer a mathematician." Most sentences have only two dimensions. Yours has the third dimension: depth. Could you help us guage it a little, please?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Just another example of why this forum is so bloody good! I just missed all these in last two weeks and now I am back ;P

Okay, here is one quote that I have never heard before but it came to my mind some 7 or 8 years ago. Of late, I have seen its also used but I am no one to take some credit on it.

I always believe in "Expecting the Unexpected"

Great phrase. How about a few more.

Nishant shah
Nishant shah
from kolkta
14 years ago

life is no treasure hunt nad we seldom find a treasure to begin with

A good paradox. If you could give us the background a bit in which it was used, it wil surely help us apprecite it to the fullest. Please.

The sentence has both fun and pun. Good one, Kaushik.

Another from me: 'I believe we are all gifted. We only have to discover them.'

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Ok, I saw this thread just now. I have had a few of some interesting quotes of my own, if I may say that. But sad I don't remember them right now. You might find them in my blog. But One quote that I love of all is always in my mail signature...

"Save the world - No more kids for 10 years"

A radical way of saving the world, I suppose. Any reasons?

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Sure there is. Check this post out - http://planetphoenix.com/2008/12/12/no-more-turning-away/

Hi Friends on Indiblogger,

Had a busy schedule. Am back.

Recently, I wrote this in a mail: <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Arial Narrow"; panose-1:2 11 5 6 2 2 2 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> "A deadend is not the end of the road; it only means you have to turn around and look for another road."

Time to share your good sentences.

Regards

Venkata Vinay

Hi Friends on Indiblogger,

Had a busy schedule. Am back.

Recently, I wrote this in a mail:  "A deadend is not the end of the road; it only means you have to turn around and look for another road."

Time to share your good sentences.

Regards

Venkata Vinay

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Great thread !!

A friend said these lines written by me have great depth,well, its for you to review :

"Fantasies and realities…Possibilities and our resistance......real vs. fictional….the ambit is thin…reach out to them and they merge within."

Cheers,Gee

http://loveacrossbridges.wordpress.com

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

@Prashant,Nishant,Kaushik -Your original quotes are rocking especially.

LockSign in to reply to this thread