Apply for "Sorting Out Sid" by Yashodhara Lal - GetPublished Book Reviews

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

New Book for Review! Laughing

Apply for "Sorting Out Sid" here. Only 25 copies available. 

1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23 Descending
Sairam Rajamani
Sairam Rajamani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just applied for it. I hope I get a chance to review.

Want to get back into blogging from 2014. 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

By the way, I've read and reviewed this book... and enjoyed doing both.

You can read the review on my blog. :)

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I think I may not have time to read the book with hectic work schedule. So possibly I will have to manage with reading your review. I am sure it will be as good as the book - I can see in FB - the author herself has praised the review a lot.

I already did. Hope I get a chance to review. I love doing book reviews and have not done one in the past few months. So, As I said, yeah, I love doing book reviews Smile

Geeta Nair
Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
10 years ago

Just finished my first book review- "Unsettled" by Neelima Vinod. Working on my second one.  Looking forward to reviewing this one too.

I got it today...I've read her before. This one would be a pleasant read too , I guess Smile

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Waaah! Me applied as well.

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

I received it today, and a signed copy at that! pleasantly surprized that it was shipped in only two weeks :P Harper Collins had sent the earlier books in just under 3 months. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yea...it was signedSmile 

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Received a signed copy today. Cool! Will review it after the hoola boola in my life gets over \m/ Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

hoola boola ? Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

she is doing hoolahoop

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

¿ Innocent

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Well is there a way to know whether I will get the book or not ?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

wait...........thats the only waySmile if many months pass n you donot get...then you'll know the answerTongue out

Frown

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Frown

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Got the book Smile

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
10 years ago

After seeing this topic here I am thinking to start book reviews blog someday..A new start will need good time I think....

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Innocent

What is RTO to BA? :-?

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Was it really first come first serve basis? because I applied within a minute of getting the mail, that too after midnight...I thought my chance would be high of getting it. Is there a way to know you will be getting it or not? 

Tarun Singh
Tarun Singh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Same question as Gaurab.I also applied within seconds of getting email.That's unfair that IB is sending books to established reviewers and giving them more preference over newbies.

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

i guess the authors go through some parameters (reviewing blog, visibility etc) to send the books. just guessing Smile.

some of the people who have got books are IB seniors Cool with good blog content. i might be wrong Sealed

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

You can be right...and I have no problem with any parameters they set. CoolMy point is that if they do set parameters then why the pretence of telling "First come first serve"...they should rather write the criteria. It looks like a sham to me. UndecidedSealed

6 ppl have only received till now as from the comments here. So there are at max 19 more. Hope for the best Gaurab and Tarun Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

.Everyone who gets the book don't post a reply here Tongue out

I expected that you would post this. That's why I said at max 19 and not exactly 19. I'm just giving hope and you....well you are just being you (read: cynical) Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith the point is hardly about getting the book, maybe you didn't read my comment. I repeat - 

I have no problem with any parameters they set. My point is that if they do set parameters then why the pretence of telling "First come first serve"...they should rather write the criteria

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I read it. I just replied to nsv saying that it might be possible that all the available books have already been dispatched.

And coming to your query, I have no idea of how they select. Undecided

Tarang
Tarang
from Delhi
10 years ago

Got it! Reading currently...seems interesting/funny so far...:) Really liked the unique pattern of book cover!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Tarang, even I love the unique Book-Cover! Really creative! Cool

Yashodhara Lal
Yashodhara Lal
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hellooo people...I just chanced upon this thread while obsessively googling for reviews of the book ( Damn, GOT to stop doing that!) 

If you are still keen to review, drop me an email at yashodhara.lal@gmail.com :) - I can send out 2-3 copies from my side, nothing to do with Indiblogger and HarperCollins (despite my love for both organizations :))

(Let me know - a nice whacky line in the email about why you'd like to review may help me decide who to send to!)

Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
10 years ago

Dear Yashodhara ,

I am interested. Just sent you a mail.

Regards,

Geeta Nair

1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread