Happy Hours

Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I never win in any of the Happy Hours topics. I stopped participating because of that. Anyone have any idea why I don't win.

1-20
21-22
Replies 1 to 20 of 22 Descending
Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

2 minutes after submissions start is late?

Anita Sahu
Anita Sahu
from Ranchi
9 years ago
Arti...for HH, not mins but even seconds matter...i won in some but also lost sometimes and sometimes did not participate...HH is how fast you can submit..
Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ok, Thank you, Anita and Prabhjot. It is difficult to be around at the exact time when the submission starts. I'll try whenever I am around.

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Perfect timing, as I mentioned before.

Anyways, you can put anything related to HH here

:  https://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=20471

Even if you are ready to submit on time, server of ib crashes. Some lucky ones get past the hurdle.
Rahul Prabhakar
Rahul Prabhakar
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Good that you started the thread, Arti. I've shared the same concern on a number of occasions but the folks haven't been kind enough to provide a satisfactory response.

Picture this. I submitted for the last Happy Hour on time. All guidelines followed. I took a screenshot of my submission to be completely sure I was not taken in for a ride this time. I was not in queue. I checked. But I didn't get a voucher; instead a rejection mail.

Dear Rahul Prabhakar,

We're sorry to inform you that your entry A Fun Bedtime Ritual To Put Your Baby To Sleep for the Bedtime Rituals Happy Hour topic was submitted too late, as all the vouchers have been taken already.

We hope that you will be able to get many, many vouchers in our other Happy Hour campaigns.

IndiBlogger.in

This just doesnt cut right! I've reopened the tickets # 12599 and #12373. Let's see if someone replies <sigh!>

Best,

Rahul Prabhakar

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I was not in queue. I checked.

How do you know this? Because you were shown the 'Submit' button and not the 'Submit in Queue' button on Happy Hours page?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

@Rahul, it could also be the case that upon refreshing the contest page, when you finally saw the 'Submit' button appear, and clicked it, the queuing hadn't started yet (i.e. you didn't see the message "SUBMIT YOUR POST in queue" on the button). But by the time, you filled up the post details -- your post's permalink, the post's title, its description and tags, and finally submitted it, the allotted number (150 in this case) would have already been reached (because so many others too would have been trying to submit their posts simultaneously). Within a few seconds, the number (total no. of submissions) crosses 150 each time!I think 4-6 posts were rejected this time, so that made a total of 156 posts (I'm guessing) that went into the moderation list. 

So to make sure that your submission was well within the alloted number and to check your rank of your post, keep another tab on chrome already opened with IB's dashboard page. As soon as you successfully submit your post, immediately go to Indistatus page from dashboard and check the rank of your post, at what number you submitted it (i.e. on the Indi status page, scroll down to the particular HH contest's details and check the "TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES". Say if it is showing 154, that would mean that your post's rank was either 154 or something lower than that). That will give you a rough idea, if not the exact rank. 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

At times, one does feel like the Happy Hours are more along the lines of "fastest finger first" (the probability of you winning a voucher depending too much upon your luck with IB's server, your net connection's speed etc) rather than the quality of your post (though they do check for quality). It does hurt when, after having taken all pains to write a post, one still loses out, just because he/she couldn't submit on time. But then, Happy Hours are not like the usual Indivine contests that we have.  

Arti and Rahul, I understand how it feels. I've got rejection mails too.

But then, IB's server is the same to all HH participants. How fast one can submit depends mostly on the performance of your system. I say this because for the last HH, I tried submission at the sametime with two laptops. With one, submission went so quick as though I was the only one submitting the post. With the other, it took a real long time. Internet connection was the same; broadband, 4Mbps speed. I am a tech zero. But with experience, I've learnt a little thoughtful points:

Not to keep any background programs running at the time of submission, even the anti-virus if it's a draggy one.

Browsers -Firefox, Chrome or IE -make a difference too.

If on Wifi, best to switch off the connection in other devices like mobiles.

It happens sometimes that one doesn't make to the voucher. But the whole idea of HH is first come first serve. Slow connection or whatever be the reason, I feel HH participants need to accept this. Yes, all of us spend time and thoughts to write the post. But that doesn't qualify for HH voucher. Submission matters. Of course, it's challenging. But that's the game. Imagine the times before HH was introduced. Shouldn't we all be grateful for the HH concept instead of raising voices against the submission chaos and rejection mails? I think HH is religiously following what it says 'will do' and 'will not do'.

Also, please follow the other threads by Tanishq and Rio. They have a lot of inputs to make better HH experience for all of us.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

+ 1, Nandhini Smile

Tanya Sehgal
Tanya Sehgal
from Delhi
9 years ago

When is the next HH schedules. Any revelations yet ??

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
9 years ago

@Nandini

I had posted the same thing a week back.. We should be extremely grateful to what IB is doing in the name of Happy hours and other contests too

Some of those contests are giving out epic prizes like Trip to Australia , London, which is like way awesome

So lets not blame them but us ,if we fail in submitting our posts late and be happy for the 100 bloggers who were able to get it

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

+10

Rahul Prabhakar
Rahul Prabhakar
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

What if you didn't submit late and still received a rejection mail saying you submitted late?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

If you entry is among the first x valid entries, then you will not be denied your voucher saying that you have submitted late. The moderators don't break the sequence, at least not for the 1k HH's.

And you can say for sure that your entri is among the first x only if you load IndiStatus after you receive the successful submission screen and check your number there. 

Preeti Chauhan
from Delhi
9 years ago
Late does not mean a time frame , it simply means if there were 150 vouchers then you have submitted later than probably 150 people who have managed to submit before you .i have only won 4 HH and lost due to late submission in 2 HH , lost due to invalid entry in 2 HH .Learn from your experience and move on to succeed later.

I have missed vouchers many times. Sometimes the server was slow. Sometimes I didnt receive any mail. But I did win too. And the reward was always in time. You win some. You lose some. HH is doing what it promised. 

Tanya Sehgal
Tanya Sehgal
from Delhi
9 years ago

True CoolMoney mouth Love Happy HOurs 

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

So the crux of the matter is, if you feel lucky one day try HH or the day you get lucky in HH submission try other challenging activities. Laughing

Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I have no complaints against Indiblogger in this case. This depends on how quick you are. I was just trying to figure out how it works because I was confused. Thank you people :)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

In short, if you have a good speed net connectivity and if you have no system issue then you can submit HH post quickly to win the contest beside following HH submission guideline. Now, you have to determine whether you are facing net issue or system issue. That's it!Wink For more detail on HH query, check this one.

Akash Bagaria
Akash Bagaria
from Mumbai
9 years ago

and what if everything was perfect and you followed the submission guidelines but still got a dissapointing mail stating "Your HH post did not meet the submission guidleines for this topic?" :-O This makes the whole effort of sparing time, missing your important commitments etc. utterly fruitless..

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

"Your HH post did not meet the submission guidleines for this topic?"

Yes. That is the reason for.

Akash Bagaria
Akash Bagaria
from Mumbai
9 years ago

And needless to mention the unsatisfactory replies you get when you raise a ticket with the IB team

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I beg to differ, they are always spot on, and I have always been helped by them! :D

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I too love the HHs; till now, I have participated in 13 HHs of which I won vouchers in 7 and couldn't do that in the other 6. But that's the part of the game, you win some, you lose some. But I have always enjoyed the thrill during the submission time Sealed 

Aur waise bhi, "Kabhi kabhi kuch jeetne ke liye kuch haarnaa padtaa hai... Aur haar kar jeetnay waale ko Baazigar kehte hai... ummmmmmmmm..mmmmmmm..mmmmmmmm" :))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

ummmmmmmmm..mmmmmmm..mmmmmmmm

Even on forummmmmmmmmmmmm?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Ranjit, Let's not do that here, or else Indi Police will actually throw us out :))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

N(o)^(3479) 

Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Rahul, don't get disheartened. Your chance will come. This is all a matter of luck and it adds to the fun :)

Arti Deshpande
Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I won the Happy Hours Voucher for Get a better Car with Quikr NXT Smile

nikhimenon
nikhimenon
from India
9 years ago

see,i have won vouchers and got rejected too..well, there is the luck factor and God's grace,but HH is a great initiative anyways.keep trying,those of yu who missed out will also get vouchers sometym or the other..don't worry ..all the best to yu all

Arti Deshpande
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Yes, Nikhil. Thank you :)

1-20
21-22
LockSign in to reply to this thread