Feedback on the new look and widgets

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hello folks! It's been a long week with very little sleep - but at the end of it we have an all new IndiBlogger. Smile In case our pages look funny, please refresh your cache. Do check out the following:

• The new widgets - if you use them, let us know here and we'll be happy to see them in action on your blogs!
  • The new home page - featuring the most active bloggers from this forum. Cheers to all of you - and for the ones who don't have gravatars, now is the time! Smile
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Renie - EXCELLENT JOB! The new look is absolutely wonderful! For some reason, all this while, I had not paid much attention to the tag line of IndiBlogger. I did now. "We blog, therefore we are!!!) NEAT!!!

Also, new icon for adding blogs to network is good. Search for blogs by tags, cities, and regional language is cool!

Renie - It just feels that you have ironed out some areas which were wrinkled! (Of course in a good way!) Smile

Wonderful job! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! 

Yogeshwar Kmar
Yogeshwar Kmar
from Bangalore
15 years ago

The home page is excellent.  Now we can see the latest topics n forum right away

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Thanks everyone!! Smile

@Su - it's not a glitch, the IndiBlogger team is excluded from being featured on the home page.

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Very neat Renie. The homepage looks elegant in blue! The new look is refreshing.

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Dude, the Active forum bloggers looks cool man. With all that avatars displayed...

People, get yourself a gravatar. It certainly looks cool.

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Good work with the honmepage!

Now indiblogger is a cooler place to hang out!!

cheers!~Smile

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Renie - Nice to know that Indiblogger is very professional! Smile

Nalini Raj
Nalini Raj
from Toronto, Chennai
15 years ago

Hi Renie and the Indiblogger team,

I really like the new indiblogger look and the eye catching colours! The new format is easier to read and follow.

Hope 2009 is a good year for you guys!

Nalini

Rafiq Raja
Rafiq Raja
from Chennai
15 years ago

The Site looks all the more professional in its new avatar.  Way to Go Renie & Co.

Doesn't the .in part of it reminds a lot about .in service of India Today Group...... :)

Haven't tried the widgets, will update about it later.

Sachin Uppal
Sachin Uppal
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hi Guys,This new design looks superb. It's very sharp, clean and attractive!I would like to share some bits and pieces of my observation, while I browsed around this fantastic site, these might be of help to futher enhance the overall look and feel:1) Home Page: RSS Button can be made more prominent (just by increasing the size). Though, this is very minor a point.2) Directory Page: Might look more crisper and cleaner by shortening the text, here are Some recommendations:On the right hand side: Present Text: "Join the IndiBlogger group on Flickr to view pictures and videos from our blogger meets, and to submit your own!"Alternatively: "Join us on Flickr to view and share latest pics & videos."Present: "If you're on facebook, join the IndiBlogger group and get help from other bloggers, help others and make yourself heard."Alternatively: "Join us on Facebook, network with fellow bloggers and help each other out!"3) Badges Page: I might have a slow 128 kbps connection, however, I was wondering, if the thumbnails are made a little lighter then it might just take lesser time to load.4) On the Blog: Can we rename Home to Blog Home? Sometimes it's confusing for users to understand whether it's the "home page" where they were earlier or this Blog's home page...just a thought.Keep up the good work! And thanks for providing such a brilliant platform for all Indian Bloggers!Cheers and Kudos to the IndiBlogger Team!Best Regards,Sachin Uppal

jak120
jak120
from Surat
15 years ago

hi indiblogger team good work, easy to read content, i realy like it.

Futtec

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Thanks!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

@Sachin - nice! Will work on these soon and let you know which changes we've made. 

Everyone else - thank you! Smile

ilesh
ilesh
from ahmedabad
15 years ago

nice renie keep it fast dude...

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Thanks man...  development's been slow this month since we have 2 bloggers meet to organize!

Prashant Dhanke
Prashant Dhanke
from Bangalore
15 years ago

This look is great and even better than the previous ones.  Coming from an IT background, I can safely say that a lot of hard work has gone into all of these.

Just one minor issue ( not sure whether it has to do with IE version6 only).

The tabs (Home,Directoy,Forum..Blog) become blue in colour when clicked and non-highlighted, which makes the visibility difficult. e.g. If I had clicked on Forum, and then afterwards I go back dehighlight it, I am not able to see Forum clearly because the color contrast isn't sufficient. As I said, might be an IE6 issue only or maybe my eyes have grown old.

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
15 years ago

having made all this from scratch? priceless!

LockSign in to reply to this thread