Pointless Points

Gayathri e
Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

When bloggers vote without reading the posts, just for the sake of networking, isn't it unfair. If members don't have the time to read, why waste time in voting for it and misleading other members.

I rather have one genuine reader than five votes . 

The best way to discourage this practice is to not vote back or even read the blogs of those who indulge in these practices.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yeah Gayatri, there's already a really big topic discussing this, & it's sticky (meaning it's at the top of the forum page. Haven't you seen it?

Here it is:

Do you vote for IndiVine posts without reading it?

Do check it out.

Gayathri e
Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

thanks magali

i saw the topic after posting this one, so went there and commented. since new, wasn't familiar with the set up:)

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Okay.

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Unfortunately there is no provision for recording their comments while voting. We can atleast decipher the information from their comments to some extent.

Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

well how about commenting on our blogs:) if i voted for a post, i wouldn't forget to tell the blogger in his/her blog that i liked it.

Lalit Patnaik
Lalit Patnaik
from Bangalore
13 years ago

That's more like it.

Comment + Vote = Genuine Reader :-)

Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

Yeah!

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Very true!

Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

what to do:)

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Nice rhyme there girl! Laughing

very rightly said, 

but there should be something called healthy encouragement.

Gayathri e
from Chennai
13 years ago

i am not saying don't vote, just don't vote without reading

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

I totally agree with this topic. I don't see any visitors from my blog statistics page yet I see some users liking my post. Two things make me feel bad here: One, very few read my posts from the Indivine page. Two, most of those  who like my posts in Indivine don't actually read them.

LockSign in to reply to this thread