Indipolicing for Dummies

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

We could have a fun-pdf or knowledge base for people who want to the virtual patrol on indiblogger.Lets help the org with some fun installed :)

Things you need...when u want to apply for Indipolice

Qualification:

Experience:

Objective:

Mental health check:

Blogthings questionnaire :

EX:does it have anything to do with blogging?

yes.I do think so :p

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: editing :P
Replies 1 to 19 of 19 Descending
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Do I smell satire?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

may be...

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

u can smell pun...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

intended

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

no gender?

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

you can add to the list

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Edit it...

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

how can one edit it?

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Vaishali can do this...

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

edit what???

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Gender...

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Nw better..!! Wink

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

it should have a confirm option also next to it Wink

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

lolzzz....@Unknwn

Vaishali Adwant
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Wink

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

Tongue out

Mag[m]
Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

what this thread really meansInnocent

Deepak
from India
13 years ago

it revolves around indiPolice....

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

it means that we are being poked right on the forum! for doing our duties Tongue out

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

This thread really means we can have a set of defined rules and a flexible system which is not so rigid as to oppose freedom of expression,something that takes-in everybody...somethings thats fun to read and follow

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

thanks hemal...read them most of them when i joined Indiblogger.So what your point?I see a blogger's forum as a method to interact with like-minded people.We all have different interest and like to share and connect.However,If you have clear defined rules as to which is a blogging topic and which isnt,that'll help a lot of people.As soon as a thread start ,within a fraction of a second if there's a reply saying --'is this related to blogging,I dont think so?Not only is it rude,but a vary vague method of patroling.Good that you wish to control spam,but a few things still need improvement,dont you think so?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree and understand your concern. What I believe is good for forum is topics related to blogging is slightly different. If you dont know we all play around on the Active Bloggers thread. Thats one thread where we have a off blog and on blog discussion.Like minded people, yes for sure and we have no grudges lady.These threads often led to people promoting themselves and thinking that you can post junk into the forum. I am not against any views to be expressed as such, you are free to express.What happens is that, once you post about something off blogging, others too start that. And then, we have the whole forum flooded with those types of discussions instead of discussions on Blogging.The book one started was well off and well appreciated. We need those discussions, apart from being fun should also be a learning curve. Movies is just a hobby discussion and there are othr forums for that.I hope I have made a some of things clear. I wanna you give us a list of things that you feel you should be able to discuss.And yes, please we seriously dont wanna offend anyone. You can come up with more suggestions and we will have a serious look to it.IndiBlogger today is what IndiBloggers wished for. Before any new feature that is introduced, we all are being consulted and asked for our views. Each IndiBlogger has the responsibility to keep the forum clean, help others and have fun too..P.s: We all, not only IndiPolice, but everyone else too wish to keep the forum clean. Spam necessarily doesnt mean link spam.

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks for clarifying Hemal,but it still inst clear...Coz if the discussions are only going be related to blogging,then i think theres going to be more or less a technical discussion..probably people with some technical background can participate...is there a scope for people from anyother field except IT?thats something i'm assuming,i could be wrong.If one can blog about lot of thing and can discuss only about blogging,dont you think thats a little closed outlook?Because i'm still aint clear can you cite some examples of what exactly are blogging topics in the forum.I've left IT for good so i dont know how much i can help,if it requires any kind of technical expertise.

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Let there be threads created for Indi-Dummies as "Active Dummies", "Dummies on twitter"..

so that they can benefit out :)

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Vaishali..to do honors Tongue out

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

well thats creative...i dont mind if you do the honours Tongue out

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Okay! Lets speak!! Innocent

What is that you have against IndiPolice? Wink

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

nothing for or against...just punning Wink

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

hahaha! This is funny! Laughing

Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

May I have your attention please?

Will the real indi-Dummy please stand up?

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

yep,you guys are famous ...yeyei...Tongue out

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

i saw u stood up Tongue out

famous?...

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

anything else?did this satisfy you?Tongue out ...

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Cry dint mean to hurt....

you inspired me to create this thread

Vaishali :(..

my last post in this thread :(

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

whatever you want to mock,is up to you.Whether you want to post or not is your choice.Pls dont put me in the spotlight.You can assume anything,i have no control over that..

Happy posting :)

Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

huh! so many typos in my smileys..

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I have not tagged any individual's name to any topic in the forum...you have gone too far...

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Lots of conversation.....no point or pun (for that matter)!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

she has even posted a Pun on us Addy! at Indivine... Tongue out we are getting so much famous Money mouth

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Is this spam?

Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

You can add this too to the questionnaire Laughing

Naveen
Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

What's all these? Innocent

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

well i am still wondering if thats a pun or a poke Tongue out

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

It certainly aint no poke....for dummies are books that give people info if they need to any learn the subject from scratch.They are a good referrence.Thats why I used the tag dummies,dunno why is it offending anyone,if it really is.However,that wasnt the intention.So i leave it to you however you'd like to 'judge'

Yes,Hemal I have posted a pun on this.so it's a pun...if u still have a doubt,i cant help....

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

hehe, dont mind the pun, coz its so much fun Smile

Naveen
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

I really don't understand whats all these Surprised Am i really that dumbb!!! Sealed

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Discussions on Blogging isnt limited to IT or any technical things. look around, there are lot of people discussing everything about Blogging except technical.

By technical, I assume that you are talking about code and numbers. But its not that all.

IT and techical things are two things far apart.

One post that is not technical is Are anonymous blogger more honest than others? thoh a year old but still very much valid.

You can also cover the topic in blogging essence. I would reiterate that we are not against any topics in particular. We just wanna avoid any possible flooding on the forum for a similar topic.

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

by technical i meant blogging realted-seo-stats etc etc...not coding et al..neway tx..for clarifying

Deepak
Deepak
from India
13 years ago

OMG.... this thread is still active

i thought it might be crushed!!!

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Surprised tx for the appreciation,nice way of putting it...

kinnos
kinnos
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

I agree with the point of view indipolice team that non blogging related (spiritual,movies,ayodhya,etc )discussions shouldn't be held here as for that we have our own blogs.But indipolice team also should have discouraged the trend when it started,rather than just posting a comment like "is it related to blogging ?" they should delete or lock all  non blogging related topics with a warning.So that user  will know where to draw the line while posting in off topics section.

This post to me looks like sarcastic.Problems and discussion should be brought to discussion table  with a proper manner rather than playing sarcastic  jokes on each other.This will divide the community.

Here is the example of a a great indiblogger member who showed exemplary behavior while fighting for something which he believed is right.We all can do this. Lets learn from each other nothing bad in that.

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Kinnos.... thanks for the reply,very simply and clearly stated.The tone might seem sarcastic,but it isnt.However when you start a post or thread unaware  its going to put a duct-tape in the name of 'is this related to blogging...and how come this thread is not crushed,one doesnt feel very pleasant about it.When people develop the audacity to communicate rudely in response  to a non-chalant thread,they must be willing to accept some flak.Apart from that they are not even being fair. its no means to divide just an individual expression.You've cited a good example that everbody can benefit from.

tx

kinnos
kinnos
from Bhubaneswar
13 years ago

@vaishali The point you wanted to make or the question u wanted to ask are very valid but the way it started was little awkward.I'm sure this minor issue can solved through a cordial discussion.Eye for an  eye can't be the solution.So I hope all people involved in this discussion will shake hand soon.

Vaishali Adwant
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Okay...i see your point.i'll keep that in mind ,next time around.thanks for the input.helps.

tx.

LockSign in to reply to this thread