Mood swings at IndiBlogger :) Hurray.. Keep blogging; keep original blogging

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Though this post was republished, it has been investigated that all the participants here who have been hurling abuses were found to be using the same IP ADDRESS to log in to their IndiBlogger profiles.

Aditi, Manatosh Biswas, Varsha Makhija, and Shramana Bagchi were found using the same IP Address which tells us that all these accounts were used to abuse the forum members.

They have (or is it only one person) abused women on the forum so badly. You can look for yourself their comments.

Aditi:

Renie and IndiBlogger team,

If Indiblogger operates on such aggresive notes thay they abuse people on public, they should come up with a post against Mohan, the plagiarist as well! If this thread or I am blocked, I have enough friends here on Indiblogger to post on my behalf. So please be polite and take the neccessary action or I am going to do what you are supposed to do!

Indiblogger, time up to show your real face. Write an apology letter to all your sponsors publicily about how you failed at doing the task you were suppose to! With each Indivine post I thought you checked for plagiarism, was that UNREAL?

Read this IndiBloggers - http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/indirank-blog-ranking-system-indiblogger-fail/

I am sure you would love to know how flawed everything here is!

or read our own Jhunjunwala's post - http://www.rakeshjhunjhunwala.in/2009/08/ok-indiblogger-you-asked-for-it-this-is.html

By the way Renie, you can save Mohan or this whole spamming abusive community. Choice is yours! Charity always begins at home! 

And please stop removing and moderating evidences against you, we are bloggers we know how to voice our cocern oud enough!

Aditi Aditi from Shimla 7 hours ago

Dear Renie,

I am not an active member here, but I have read all the comments here and read few things that has happened on the forum as well! A very well known blogger Mr. Mohan has created a blog with copied posts from other Indiblogger. And such posts are even out there to be voted for on Indivine? I remembered a quote – “Aap kare toh pyar, hum karen toh balatkaar!”

I think I am going to leave Indiblogger if such partially and public harassment is resorted to, to bring the culprit to notice. I am not taking sides, but apparently we are bloggers – people who think and write! We are not here to act as politicians, what disgusted me more is how the Mohan issue was handled. Why was he not charged?

And anyway I don’t think you, me or anyone has the right to abuse anyone at all! I don’t see people here any different from terrorists who act blindly on hearing their leaders voice!

The least I can say is I am too disturbed and feel worst to be a part of a group of people which includes:

1. Content-plagiarists.

2. The corrupted lords of the blinds. (Ref:Animal Farm post that I just read on the accused person’s blog, which seems like an inspiration from the original post. The original author should be happy about it!)

3. Indiblogger is made of people like:

Renie (You own Indiblogger and you should know how to act in public, as they say too much control with no sanity makes a man close to the wild)

Sourav (Apparently it seems you borrowed content without any credit to the original author, justify or leave, please)

Magali (Abusing doesn’t make you ‘KOOL’. Will you get naked to prove me wrong if I tell you that you are not a virgin? If yes, you’d be a fool to explain yourself!)

Snow-Leopard (Identity crisis? You are the worst person to ask any question. You don’t have an identity or a name to stand with! Are you so ashamed of your real self?)

Hemal Shah (Just because you are so called Policing the Forum, you don’t become a big shot! I suggest you to get back to basics, learn some real life lessons and yes English too)

Purba Ray (Ma’m I really respect the way you write, may I please request to stay away from such non-sense please. I never expected your reaction in such a pig-fight! :( )

Bikram (You are not funny! Please shut up and stop spamming)

And yes, now you can all abuse me for trying to make any sense!

Did I hear 5 well known bloggers and one IndiPolice leaving Indiblogger just after all this. Well what else do you expect here?

Thanks a lot! I enjoyed being dirty too and feel ashamed after writing this whole comment and being one of you people!

umesh derebail umesh derebail from Bangalore 4 hours ago

Indipolice please investigate not meant for public consumption that is why i am reporting this topic and take up the issue in camera.......clarify id too. 

Panthera Uncia Panthera Uncia from Delhi 2 hours ago

My name is Prateek Varma. I have been to the last IndiDelhi Meet where I introduced my self as Prateek Varma aka Snow Leopard from the Blogging World. My e-mail id has my name which is always used when I comment. And finally if yo cared to look through, I have a photoblog on which many photos have been copyrighted with both my real name and the monicker I use.

Using Monicker is not a new thing and many writers do that. You should be aware of it.

Since I have always been open about my real identity and have ample proof of it. And have met people on various blogging meets eg at a blog-a-ton meet, Indimeet, personally met Cyber Nag, Purba Ray, Magali, Delhizen, Mayur Pathek, etc etc

Now whats you next move or plan of attack, since this failed?

Panthera Uncia from Delhi 2 hours ago

And yes you will also find my self potrait on my photo blog. If you are so interested.

umesh derebail from Bangalore 1 hour ago

I went through your article snowleopard with the title SP caught with pants down, it was humourous and enlightening.

Magali Vaz Magali Vaz from Mumbai 1 hour ago

Um, what is the point of this post, really? You're just ranting & raving & it doesn't seem to be getting anyway? Your abuse Mohan & indiblogger then you abuse everyone else then you accuse indiblogger of abusing. In case you have a very tiny mind, let me break it down for you:

Indiblogger did not abuse Sourav. They brought to light his various instances of plagiarism. They didn't make personal attacks. The post is full of hard facts  evidence of this expert copycat.

I said things against Sourav, YES. Out in the open. Doesn't constitue as abuse because no expletives are used, but I suppose you didn't get that. I have unmasked plagiarist bloggers before too. I will continue to speak out against criminal. Since you seem so fond of metaphors, let me explain it to you like this: If you testifyu in court against a criminal or angstare, your life is at risk. If I speak out against blogging criminals, I will be exposed to a chance to get abused by him or his many chelas/followers/minions. So be it. I am not scared or I will not back down. Let's see that wimp get legal action.

Reagarding what you said about me: The first part, the word is spelled cool not kool. Please go learn english. And the second part: It doesn't make any sense. Period. What does that even mean, in a metaphorical way? I told Sourav openly that I will always speak out against content theives like his. He isn't the first & he probably won't be the last.

Reagarding Snow Leopard, He is not a fully anonymous blogger. I have met him. He mentions his name on his blog. I suppose you should do better research before you start mud slinging the next time. 

And you accuse Mohan of plagiarizing, I know him but not sure what you're talking about so I say PROVE IT. Prove it just like indiblogger has done for Sourav. Talk is cheap.

Reagrding abusing indiblogger & Renie- my thoughts. i don't know the indiblogger team personlly but I know that they work hard on keeping the site well maintained & keeping the forum helpful, relevant & non spammy. Since you already know Renie owns the website I don't have to tell you again. You ask for transparency: How about this?

The theif Sourav has been copying all along but has comment moderation on his blog so he can only filter positive comments through. And here you come on the indiblogger forum & rave like a loon just because your great leader Sourav has been unmasked for the theif he really is. Renie doesn't have to listen to you spew venom about im on his own website, okay? And what have you accused him of, really? Sourav was super happy everytime he won something but now he's upset cause indiblogger knows what he's been up to. Again, if you accuse anyone else of plagiarism, don't do it without proof.

I am an indipolice member too, FYI.

Waiting to see what you come up with next! Laughing

@ Magali, i had reported this topic, but still it is featuring strange ?  I had expressed this concern earlier too, when i posted a topic how is Indiblogger filtering fake id ?  This is bound to happen disgruntled elements will come back with such posts either in the forum or on indivine.

The Sorcerer The Sorcerer from Mumbai 1 hour ago

The way I see things, all Indian Blogging community is a bunch of bull. Fine so the ranking system is flawed big time and its more like a popularity contest rather than showing good writeups, but I dont understand the part where you call out plagiarist/thief.

BTW, who is Mohan?

Magali Vaz Magali Vaz from Mumbai 1 hour ago

Again I'm telling you, for the last time.

What seems to be the plan of action here is just throw accusations against random people & then make personal attacks on every individual that spoke out against Sourav. So letr me tell you something.

Maybe my post was a bit angry. But what about Purba? She spoke calmly & truly yet he went really low with a personal attack. Now you do the same by mentioning her here. So, raving like a mental case & if you have something to say, say it. If you have some concrete proof of other bloggers plagirising, show us. And we are not fools to stand for your personal attacks, Aditi. I will never make a personal attack on you for many reasons:

I won't go that low.

I won't bother checking out your blog.

I won't use some silly little metaphors on you.

Gioving you exactly one hour to prove any plagiarism or I will be deleting this post. You have no right to flame on this community, abuse it's creator, etc. If you're so passionate about your leader being unmasked, take it to your personal blog. One hour, & I am deleting this topic if other indipolice haven't done it already.

Magali Vaz, better to take this dicussion on Indimail or some chat panel, rather than bringing the house down and bring down Indibloggers reputation  as a clean community.  You can confront Aditi on pvt mail basis.  I am worried it will potray everyone in bad light.  

Hemal Shah from Mumbai 2 minutes ago

@Umesh I dont think we can just sit back and be calm about open attacks!

@Magali I am in for deleting this Post. No coz of anything else but the way she abused a A women on the forum.

Will you get naked to prove me wrong if I tell you that you are not a virgin?

This doesnt give you a good image Aditi. I am wondering if these are your words, or is it the guilty has choosen your profile to pass on this words.

The Sorcerer The Sorcerer from Mumbai 1 hour ago

Edit: Ok. That guy.

But I see nothing but words and big speeches. Even I can do that. Not that I am dissing you, but where's the proof? Dont come to a birthday party without the cake!!

umesh derebail umesh derebail from Bangalore 25 minutes ago

SP seems to have lot of admirers with gutso to defend him to the hilt, and some fake ids are bound to crop and add fuel to the fire.  I believe arguements and counter arguements does not have any conclusion. 

Animesh K. Mishra Animesh K. Mishra from Gurgaon 16 minutes ago

Magali, I second PC. I'm very upset with series of events that have been unfolding for last few days and am sure there are many like me. What upsets me most is that there are people who are ready to take side of Sourav. My personal opinion is IndiBlogger has been correct the way they have tackled the entire issue, though otehrs may have different opinions. But whatever may be the case, opinions should be put forth in proper words. 

Request to keep this thread open so that people are able to see how unjustified people can be just to defend there friends. Deleting the thread would just give a chance to say "my thread was deleted". Let us see how many more supporters are there.

Hemal Shah from Mumbai just seconds ago

ahh am sure what you said was in the best interest of the forum, but I really wish to delete thsi thread for the abuse to a women on the forum.

Well I am letting it be open for now, hope someone comes up with a proper reply for having this public an abuse.

Aditi Aditi from Shimla 1 minute ago

See this image for your reference - http://ezaroorat.com/copied-post.jpeg  Mohan copied the post from Gouri's blog, Renie left a comment there and Mohan even replied back to it! Wow that is called mass admiration by a society of plain cheats!

Why is Mohan, who copied one full blog and thn deleted it to save his bloody was not banned?

Why is Renie moderating all the comments on the post, 7 comments from me and other Indibloggers are still pending for approval on the post against plagiarism? WHY? Justice is when you let both parties speak, but apparently nobody is allowed to speak against Indiblogger?  

Is Gouri's concern and problem wothless? How was Mohan punished? Forget punishing Mohan is hooted as a 'Rajnikanth' here! And why am I not surprised? Is Mohan a relative to Renie? 

Why did a blogger with intelligence of the level of Rohan (who was also an IndiPolice) leave Indiblogger yesterday? He was chosen by Renie, and now abused by all, just becuase he had the courage to speak up? Justice prevailed? 

And I am not calling Renie a thief, I know he is one! He evaded taxes from the sponsors, and trust me one FIR against him, and he is jailed. You need proof, ask him how was the Colgate Fire n Freeze Prize money was transferred to Sourav? Is he in a position to show a tax receipt? Do not worry people are working over-time to get this website exposed! And when Sourav said he is taking legal consultation, I know he was serious he has known enough loopholes of the system, which no one else apart from him but Renie will know!  

And I request people to refrain from abuses, this community is actually monitored now. The consumer complaint no. and other details will be published soon as well. Indiblogger is a social platform, and thus falls under the jurisdiction of the Consumer Act as well, do I need to explain more? 

Magali and everyone here, I have nothing against any of you, but I fail to see through a translucent glass like you guys! Stop teaching me English, do you even know little girl the level of my education? That 'KOOL' was intentionally used as an irnoical remark to the kind of pride you displayed while abusing around!  

I am reposting Gouri's concern here.

.....................................................................................................................

I don't have Rs. 50,000 or 1.5 lacs or whatever the claimed damage is, to donate/compensate to indiblogger but here are my 2 cents:

1. If the reaction is triggered due to monetary loss, then legal action without involving other members of the indiblogger community would have been more appropriate since it would, in such case, be between the accusor and the accused.

2. If the reaction is triggered due to the 'trust factor' as claimed, then it's high time Indiblogger set its priorities right.

I am a member of Indiblogger. My post was plagiarized. And you know what? Indiblogger was linking 'officially' to the the plagiarized post. Absolutely no complaints because I'm confident Indiblogger was not aware of it. I tried to bring it to Indiblogger's notice through my comments in the same thread. Waited for a few days, no reply. Again, no complaints, since I fully understand the workload of such a huge community.

I too had workload but it was more urgent for me than Indiblogger. So I started a separate thread for this. But was it only my issue? Had Indiblogger nothing to do with it? I didn't even hear a word of acknowledgement. Worse still, Indiblogger doesn't even have time to correct the link it provided to the plagiarized article. You can still see it in this thread.

Now the point is, on one hand you have a member shouting at the top of his voice against plagiarism and you are least bothered about it. On the other hand, you have people who are not part of Indiblogger, who are not complaining you or asking you for help, and you go out of your way to bring the accused to book, through a whole official blog post dedicated to it, when you have the option of discussing the matter on the forum, but you consider it so urgent that you waste no time in barring the accused from the forum without even giving him an opportunity of being heard publicly/transparently on the forum.

3. When you find somebody guilty, you can take 2 stances – 'I will let you off after a sincere and heart felt apology' or 'I want to hang you till death'. Now we will have divided opinions on this and we can't unanimously say one is right or the other is wrong. But if you prefer to take the latter instance, you should not try to disguise it as the former. I mean when you have totally ruined the poor chap at the very first opportunity you had, what kind of apology do you expect?

4. Personally, I believe in giving a culprit at least one opportunity to correct himself/herself and move on in life. Imagine what would you do if the culprit happened to be your son/daughter/brother/sister/father/mother/somebody you love..

5. In view of my philosophy in point 4 above, I found the plagiarism/accusation/post saddening. Even more saddening was the aura of excitement/merriment surrounding the post. So many comments on the post but I wonder why nobody noticed this error in the post:

Original author for exhibit #3 is modnar-redrosid and original author for exhibit 4 is andthenyou. When we have different authors, how come we have same original author's reaction for these two?

Now don't misunderstand me. I know this is a genuine error. But the question is how come nobody bothered to correct it?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Updated Animesh's Comments on True Blogging..
Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You didn't add my last comment-

Magali VazMagali Vazfrom Mumbai1 minute ago Reply

hmm yes, Mohan maybe did plagiarize a post (not sure about that). Firstly it was one post. Secondly he apologized. That is what indiblogger wanted from Sourav too. But he didn't he flamed, made personal remarks & then sent his followers to do the same. An original author contacted Sourav & ave him a chance to remove it or clarify but he didn't. DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE OR DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT? Whoa you defend the guy with the most hubris,. the guy who was rude to everyone even after e was exposed as a theif & you accuse me of being proud. Now that is ironic. As I said & many other members & moderators have said, this topic is ogoing too far with it's personal insults. I am deleting it now. If you still have issues with this go take it to your little blog okay?

Kthxbai Smile

And have a great day.

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am stating my stance if this forum topic continues. Aditi, we are lsitening to you if you bring proof. If there is even one more personal attack on any single person, this topic will be deleted. So watch your mouth if you want to be taken seriously.

Aditi
from Shimla
12 years ago

Magali You are no one to dictate terms! Please mantain your line!

Anyway this picture will show how Renie evaded all the tax money which Sourav has won from the Colgate Fire n Freeze Contest! A prize money of 50K will attract a flat 30% deduction, but Renie saved it all by transferring the whole money personally to him!

http://img193.imageshack.u s/img193/9605/sevasion.png - Check the image for the proof!

Aditi
from Shimla
12 years ago

And I don't want any answers from any of you, as none of you know what happened behind the scenes and under the tables.The person who you guys are treating as God is more corrupt than the word itself!

I ask/request Renie Ravin to reply back here if he is honest enough, or else my stance is quite strong!

Shramana Bagchi
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I don't care who did what ! All I see here is crap all over and crappier people! Get that loser Renie here,  who fooled us all first by keeping plagiarists here on Indiblogger. be it Sourav or Mohan, they are as guilty!

But it was Renie's responsibility to safeguard our interest against such people, which he could not. Now trying to act as a hero by covering your own crimes up will not help you escape the fraud and mental trauma that it has all let us to!

And for heaven's sake do not talk about ethics, you are the worst person I've seen. You don't even care about country's Constitution, lawas, ethics, code of conduct, social norms. You are allowed to explain yourself and say SORRY, that is it!

And is Mohan your relative?

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Strongly repeat my advice (as an impartial brand new 3 week old member who has nothing invested in the matter) to Indipolice/mods/team for the nth time not to delete thread. You will be weakening your case and creating more problems for yourself. Let people say what they like and let the chips fall where they may. There are enough good brains here to discuss matters so that weaker brains do not carry the day. Observe for example, already, Pavan Maruwada's response to Aditi's accusations re: tax evasion. Let it continue. This is the test of the mettle and make up of the members of Indiblogger community.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Aditi IndiBlogger or its sponsors bears the Tax money! The tax is calculated in a such a way that the contest winner ends up promised money. Thank you very much for sharing the proof that He actually had got the award money. I am sure he is inspiring you to defend him, and also that he is in touch with you coz otherwise, you wont get this screenshot.What it also means is that you are acting on behalf of Sourav and there is no sentiments you are having towards Gouri, you are just using his example as an armour.

If you all see, the amount is not exactly 50,000. Its 49,990. Which is the closest amount that IndiBlogger could make to the winner after deduction of Taxes. The total amount to which the taxes are calculated will be around 70,000 and I will get back to you with the exact amount in some time if you wish to know.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Folks, I have an update -

Aditi, Manatosh, Varsha, and Shramana - all have been posting from the same IP address. They are all one and the same person.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Now its off to you guys. Please explain

Pawan Maruvada
from Visakhapatnam
12 years ago

Bloody losers!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Brilliant Find!

this is the reason why i so badly wanted you to be on the forum.

I am wondering do these guys even know that theirs id is being used to talk about this..

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Also, some of the IPs they've used are the same as the IP Sourav last posted from. And one of them claims to not even know Sourav...

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hemal, you mean their IDs are hacked?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Renie, this is the power we have. Publish these faces on the Forum on a separate thread please. DOnt reveal complete ip addresss..

@Animesh could be! who knows. A theif can do any thing right?

Pawan Maruvada
from Visakhapatnam
12 years ago

They're not hacked, they were just shared! And see, this Varsha lady pops just in time when that Bengal statement was made. What a coincidence! :D

And Renie, you need not answer this, coz I trust you, but what's your take on their allegations?

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

Wondrous job, Renie. Now we all know it was the handiwork of one soul stripped naked, wounded and sore

Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Why am I not surprised?

This actually makes me laugh!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

About the "tax evasion" allegations - frankly I don't know why I'm discussing tax on the forum Smile - we, just like any other company pay our taxes every year as recommended by our auditor. Instead of deducting 30% from Sourav, we gave him the full prize money as advertised, because we did not want to deprive a blogger. We are bearing the taxes on our end (from our not-so-deep pockets), and he can choose whether or not to pay income tax on that amount or not - that's left to him. Fact is, we went out of our way to be good to him, and he's trying to use that against us.

I can't even say that his accusation is baseless, because there is no accusation that I can see. For some odd reason he has posted proof that I transferred his entire prize money to him. Undecided

What say we all pick up the pieces here and give the forum a nice cleaning up? I'd really, really like to put this family back together now. What say everyone?

Samadrita Kuiti
from Kolkata
12 years ago

I have one question....is this fraud still going to be a part of this community? wouldn't you atleast block him after all this? I am all for picking up the pieces and giving the forum a nice cleaning up. On any given day.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Renie, we all are very upset with the series of events unfolding for last few days (I repeat not only since yesterday but last few days). As far as taxes are concerned, I saw the image and nowhere it says that Indiblogger have retained some money themselves. Had that been the case, I could unserstood it illegal. And without going into details, final responsibility of paying taxes always remains with the receiver of the money/gift.

I could not get the point behind sharing the screenshot. This was a step taken either out of depression or just to deviate our minds (not much people know about taxes in this country).

I think its high time we think how to keep this place clean and peaceful.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I believe they should not be blocked right away. Let us give them some time and see what they have to say on this

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Renie i was alerting the forum management team about fake ids, now it is clearly established that one person is using many ids either to troll, flame or promote himself.  Some male members are using female ids to attack senior members, i believe such characters should be kept in check other they will hijack the forum and bring down the brand equity of Indiblogger.

Blank Spaces
from New Delhi
12 years ago

huh... but hows any tax evasion issue relevant to the issue to plagiarism. It is being stated just to deviate from the issue. And yes, please we need to keep the forum clean. I hate this mud slinging that has been going around, and am sure most of us feel the same.

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

End of the day, we are all one big community and there are bound to be people who would want to divert attention to other trivial issues. The response puts everything to rest, and I think we need to get back to blogging! Not about this! About the awesome burgers I had at Thulp in Bangalore! 

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, Taxes although like Renie said don't know why we are discussing it; needs to be payed by the winner not us.  Thanks for confirming we payed the full money to the winner. 

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Vineet

Nice to see your reply Renie. 

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

As usual, I shall continue to give 1% of my energy and interest to any further allegations from accused copycat and gang during this controversy. My 1% is equivalent to their 100% times however many IDs they want to make.

Thank you for understanding the importance of free speech and no censorship, Hemal. I repeat, you are a wonderful indipolice/mod whatever you are. Please teach the others to stay cool and not to delete no matter what is being said during a controversy. The only threads that need be deleted are the out of date, irrelevant ones and perhaps very old 1/2 years old unanswered ones.

Finally, I strongly suggest to Indiblogger/ Renie to communicate a single consistent policy on plaigirism so that Gouri's ruffled feathers may be smoothed. It is up to you to formulate that policy.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

I hear you, Pundit!

Gouri, I will respond to that issue as soon as I finish studying the history properly. For the time being, I have server issues to deal with! Smile

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I know, Renie. Take your time. I've already communicated to Gouri that I'd asked for this consistency. This will also help keep things running smoothly for copycat cases in the future.

Prateek Bagri
Prateek Bagri
from Delhi
12 years ago

Brilliant! And here is one more update—

This person either suffers from multiple personality disorder or dyslexia.

Pulling out a scam again, spreading the chest 55'’ from 22'’ to show how “kewl and promising theif” you are, threatening for a legal action and posting from various ID’s.

Wow!

P.S “Wow” is the most sarcastic word here.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This is really annyoing now! Why are we playing blame game here?

And for Mohan, (although, I am not aware of the whole story, I read Gouri's thread and the links given) whatever was the matter Mohan aplogised! That's all we want Sourav to do!

Sourav, I have heard your side of story as well (the part you discussed with me). But dude, everything was alright and good unless the aquisition came on you from indiblogger! All of a sudden indiblogger is a villian?

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That matter has been put to rest, and burried. (Mohan's story) The forum thread thats still active made everyone even say "Cheers" with a round of drinks for everyone! Read it! 

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I repeat for the nth time, please do not delete threads that are relevant for future members. Copycat problems are extremely relevant for the future. Please do not ever delete this thread. It is instructive to know how we as a community deal with miscreants here.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I have warned about fake ids being created by bloggers to either flame, troll, insult or promote themselves, this has come real and true, just imagine almost 10 ids operating from one IP address this is a clincher, i hope Indipolice get into action

Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Umesh Thanks for the warning, we (IndiPolice and IndiTeam) will break our heads togeather to reach to a soultion to avoid such fake IDs in future. Thanks a lot!

Good evening dear Indibloggers. Smile

I'll try to be nice here. Innocent and bring in some much-needed positivity.

Point 1

I joined Indiblogger late into March. Eventually, before my blog was approved, I read through the Indiblogger's FAQS, and other pages and I really liked whoever had written it. It was my style. I was eager to be approved. I even sent a mail urging them to do it fast. Soon after,  I received a mail saying that my blog has been put on hold by the moderators since it is quite new. Personally, I'm quite ambitious. So an early defeat, meant scrapping the project because it won't work. So I started a new blog, a better one, and sent them a mail about it. Soon after, I received a mail from Renie who had approved my blog with a message.  And I was surprised at how friendly and jovial he was as he said that the indimods were "a bunch of booze-addled monkeys". That is just one example.

What i mean to say is that I don't give a damn if he is evading taxes or safe-keeping Osama in his house[None of which he is] I like his attitude and the way he handles criticism positively. Keep it up Renie. We love it. Cool

Point 2

The flaws in Indiblogger - I don't damn care! Yeah I did hope that there were moderators who looked into individual blogs and decided their worth and gave the indiranks. I didn't know that it was automated. But who cares? There is so much more to indiblogger other than indiranks! There is a wonderfully active forum, a friendly chatbox, and INDIVINE!

Free advise: If you don't like indirank, don't look at it and don't display it on your blog.

Point 3

Mistakes happen. And I think all the people who make a mistake deserve a second chance. But not a third. Yes, plagiarizers should be punished - but they should also be given a second chance.[That coming from a hardcore-plagiarist-hater]. Even in the 'supposed' rival Blogadda, someone won a very recent environmental contest even though his post was ENTIRELY copied from resourceful environmental websites. I asked the guy to give backlinks to the original articles, and he deleted my comment and sent me an angry mail full of lame excuses on how I should behave. The last time I checked, he had added a line in the end saying something about google search. Pathetic. And his grammar was horrible too. And [sigh!] he went on to win the contest!

Point 4

I've learnt so so so so so so many things being here in Indiblogger which would have otherwise taken me a lifetime to learn by myself. Almost everyone is awefully friendly, funny, appreciative, and good bloggers. Yeah, the Indivine system is flawed[I stand by it] but so what? We can work out a solution can't we? Indivine gave me such a lot of readers. The people here are awesome. I'd specially mention the always cheerful Arti, warm Mohini, witty Pundit, responsible Hemal Shah, and peppy Animesh to mention very very few. We'll miss the "Knowledge-Galore" Rahul, and hope that he comes back. I discovered so many awesome blogs in here. I'm ever grateful to Indiblogger.

Point 5

There will always be people who will try to exploit the system. But they can be defeated easily. And i'm sure that the very few hourse Renie isn't sleeping, he is working hard to do so.

In a nutshell, enjoy the nuts Indiblogger gives you! Laughing

DIsclaimer:: The Xeno is an innocent creature. Please don't harm him. He doesn't have any money.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Point 1:Ditto.

Point 2: Ditto.

Point 3: Plaigirism is not a mistake. It is theft, ears open, eyes open, brain working, fingers on keypad. I'm in the "hang 'em" school of thought.

Point 4: Indiblogger is already a good community and has the potential to be awesome. I started a thread requesting summary stats so that newbies and outsiders know what exactly makes up this group and so that we bloggers can find out who is on our wavelength easier. As and when I think of ideas in my journey, I will post threads and contribute. I am also known for reviving older threads gathering dust, many totally unanswered and totally ignored unjustly.

Point 5: Ditto. I said as much earlier when I asked Magali and Hemal not to delete the thread because there are enough good brains here to make sure weak brains do not carry the day.

Lastly, thanks for the shout out Xeno! :-D You're pretty O.K. too.

Yeah pundit. I agree. Let this thread stay.

And sorry if I said Rahul in place of Rohan! oops! I've done this mistake b4 too! sorry!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Xeno Very well put! This is exactly how every IndiLover feels, i am sure! I loved point two and five but especially Point 4...and mind you thats not because of my name featuring there :P but because of what you have stated :)

BTW, are you an SRK fan by any chance :P

Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dude! I love this comment and I love you for this! What a "poured your heat out"! Felt like you were talking for me! Smile

@Arti: thanks! but Xeno no like SRK. Xeno no like bollywood.

@Addy: thanks buddy! sincere feelings. Indiblogger rocks.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Xeno: Yeah, you don't strike me as a Bollywood fanatic. I'm always happy to meet Indians with a wider cultural lens.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Xeno I asked that coz you seem to love the name - Rahul, Smile

@Arti: Ha ha! well noticed. No actually i have about 3 good friends named Rahul. And it is somewhat more common than Rohan. Silly mistake though! Wink

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I wish this had not happened ... the trust of the supporters and bloggers not broken.  Personally I have to say that I have benefitted greatly from the website Indiblogger and I will remain grateful to the IB team always. More than winning contests and getting views for the blog what has touched me the most is the occasional vote I get for my Cancer survivor post every month and people sending a message or comment congratulating me and wishing me great future. I was instigated against the website earlier when the youngistaan contest was on to create some fuss but Thank God I did not get involved in anything unpleasant. I feel very sad that a simple hobby like blogging and a platform for sharing that should lead to such a mess. Hope the mess clears up soon.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Farida. I've seen your name and comments on the forum on many of my jaunts through ancient threads. Congratulations and the best wishes to you for your health.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Can't say anything more than this - on behalf of the IndiBlogger team/family, who are currently working under a fair bit of strife (namely newborn crying babies, learning-to-walk-babies and other cuddly little grenades life tends to throw at you at the worst possible times) - thank you for all the support and inspiration. We love this community as much as you all do, and we will always do what we believed in the very first day we started this forum.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

It was the first thing I read here and I've already cited it once before when I got flamed (inadvertently) by another member.  Thanks for writing it so well Renie.

Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The replies in the thread sugegst our family is getting back together! Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 Renie

+1 Addy

+1% Energy to Pundit Commentator Wink

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Another plus 1 :)
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Same here. I joined indiblogger soon after I started blogging seriously 2 years ago. And I got active on the forum, started checking other blogs, got views n my blog & made some blogger friends too.

If I hadn't joined indibblogger I don't think I would have still been blogging, & for tha I am immensely grateful. Laughing

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This community is a truly awesome place to be in. It has given me so many wonderful moments and memories that I will always cherish irrespective of whether tomorrow I am actively blogging or not. Just a few days back I got my cleartrip contest voucher redeemed and how can i describe... I cant say how much I thanked the IndiTeam guys for this precious gift, really!

Keep it up people, A big cheers from my side Smile

I guess its time you updated the title @Hemal, the present one no longer goes with the current conversation and mood here ;)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Changed @Arti well suggested... LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Much better nowLaughing

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Old wine in a new bottle......good change of title, hope the flavour of the wine is not lost in the bargain

Pawan Maruvada
from Visakhapatnam
12 years ago

Btw, WeBlog has eaten  pisspoop, it removed that flaming post from its facebook page! Hurray! :D

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

LOL coz they had provided the link of this thread and everyone who came here understood the entire drama lol

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Pawan @Animesh well we kept on changing the titles, and the Content on the top. If you see the frist lines, I had updated about the multiple IP addresses of the users and their names.

Now let that dude beat us at our game.. Missing the Universal LEG here.. where the heck is he?

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

We don't want him here anymore after all this

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Animesh did you forget this soon?? Universal Leg is Mag [M]!!!

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah I have weak memory for those who promise for coffee and forget it:(

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hemal let us now bury this topic and move on remember the poem by Robert Frost 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes Umesh! I guess we should, but there are still who wish to express, so...

Let the emotions flow,After hitting the heafty blow,A theif who ruts out anger,And now aware of the Danger,Everyone is up in arms,For he has lost his charm,Go in deep and read the shit,Let us kick his goddamn bullshit!!

Its my composition btw.. Laughing

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Let the emotions flow,After hitting the heafty blow,A theif who ruts out anger,And now aware of the Danger,Everyone is up in arms,For he has lost his charm,Go in deep and read the shit,Let us kick his goddamn bullshit!!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Errhh.. sorry not able to format correctly.

Let the emotions flow,

After hitting the heafty blow,

A theif who ruts out anger,

And now aware of the Danger,

Everyone is up in arms,

For he has lost his charm,

Go in deep and read the shit,

Let us kick his goddamn bullshit!!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nice composition @Hemal (I hope its originalWink) lol :D

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti 100% Orignial

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Just Kidding LOL:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mangal Pandey united ester India to fight the British Divide and Rule,

Saurav Ganguly mobilised a bunch of ordinary willow b*****shing players,

Into a team of World Cup Winning bunch of Indian team,

Now Saurav Pandey has united Indibloggers against Plagiarism like never before.

LockSign in to reply to this thread