New kid on the block. Fellow IndiBloggers hold my hand, lead me (Blogging Beginn

Parmita
Parmita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hello fellow bloggers,

I just joined Indiblogger a month back and still figuring my way around. For starters, I still haven't figured out how to set a profile picture. I am looking forward to meeting and interacting with all of you,  sharing all the diverse and interesting schools of thoughts you may have.

Cheerio :)

Parmita

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: corrected headline
Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending

best wishes. you have to go to gravatar.com and upload a pic. you want to use as logo. it will be automatically visible here and at other sites you comment on. gravatar service is free of cost and you have to register with your  email id. and create your own password for logging in to gravatar.

Parmita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hello Rio De La Sciocco

Thanks for the quick response. I feel at home already :) I did actually set up a gravatar profile, but turns out I am still learning my ropes on that platform as well. By the way, we really must settle on a nickname for you and you can call me Paro 

Ciao

Mischief Manager
Mischief Manager
from Gandhinagar
11 years ago

Hell PArmita. Welcome to Indiblogger. :)For the starters you may go through the Begginner's forum thread. You may also visit this thread.For changing/inserting a profile pic, you need to create a Gravatar account, on which you can upload your pics, then set them as profile pics on IB.After updating your profile and all.All the posts you write on your blog can be shared on Indivine. But the posts cannot be chared on Inditalk or the forum as self promotion is not allowed on Indi. You can navigate through loads of topics on forums, actively take part in conversations on Inditalk, regularly  update your blog, check your Indirank stats, take part in the reguar competitions being held, make friends. :) 

well said bro.

Parmita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hello MM, 

Thanks for all that information. I'm still figuring out my way around gravatar, and it may take a while, but  the Begginner's forum thread was really helpful. I managed to share my blog posts as per indiblog norms, it's the profile I'm still struggling with. Anyway, thanks for the help. Appreciate it. :)

-Parmita

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Sometimes it takes a day to show your uploaded profile shot from Gravatar. And welcome, I am sure you will have a wonderful time here.
Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Nice tips, friend.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Welcome !!

Parmita
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks a bunch :)

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

:D I liked the title of this post.... 'New kid on the block . Fellow Indibloggers hold my hand,lead me' - :D reminds me of some small kid

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

I do agree with The Solitary Writer. Laughing

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Have just joined Indiblogger,  looking forward to sharing and connecting with other members....

LockSign in to reply to this thread