Asitav Sen would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://asitavsen.com ] IndiRank: 45

Looking for feedback on my new blog

Asitav Sen
Asitav Sen
from Utrecht
9 years ago

Hi,

This blog is a compilation of random thoughts, dreams & emotions. Would appreciate if you can give me some feedback on it's improvement. Esp. SEO and tips and tricks to improve page rank and number of visitors.

Thanks!

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Vishnu Kamisetty
Vishnu Kamisetty
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

The layout looks pretty cool. It takes a while to load though. You might want to congregate the Java scripts into one file. Also, there are a few No page found redirects which affect the load time too. Contact, Skype and Wrdpress buttons on the left menu are a few. 

Where did you find this cool theme though? I would like implement on my personal website. I like the snippets on the front page and flash gallery. I might be cheesy but try this http://pagespeed.googlelabs.com/

Asitav Sen
Asitav Sen
from Utrecht
9 years ago

Great! Thanks. But, I'm not a techie in IT field :(

I just checked the link. They suggest "Leverage browser caching". I'm not sure what it means. Can u help?

The theme is http://wordpress.site5.net/journalcrunch/

VAISHNAVI TYAGI
VAISHNAVI TYAGI
from NEW DELHI
4 years ago

Hey, I saw your blog, its good. One thing i felt that was lacking- the header image you have placed on your home page, because of it, the navigation options like home, about n other menu options were not visible untill you put cursor on them.  So try changing colour of the text and make them dark.

Asitav Sen
from Utrecht
4 years ago

Thanks! Yes that is a problem indeed. I'll skip the dynamic background and fix a photograph.

sudha
sudha
from delhi
4 years ago

Hi

I have looked your blog its nice and elegant site. and i agree the navigation options like home, about n other menu options were not visible either you need to change image or colour. 

sudha
sudha
from delhi
4 years ago

Hi

I have looked your blog its nice and elegant site. and i agree the navigation options like home, about n other menu options were not visible either you need to change image or colour. 

sudha
sudha
from delhi
4 years ago

Hi

Asitav Sen
from Utrecht
4 years ago

Noted! Thanks a ton Sudha!

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
4 years ago

Yours is an amazing blog and the different navigation windows do provide the readers what they are looking for in gay abundance. Kindly excuse me for not providing feedback and inputs on the technical angle as I am a green horn as far as technology is concerned. However, would like to express my thoughts on the diversity of topics and the lovely style of writing which is a wave of fresh air!

Asitav Sen
from Utrecht
4 years ago

Thank you very much Sunita, for your appreciation. Please do express your thoughts! It will help me improve. My background (expertise) is from different field. So, any help is much appreciated!

Abhirup Lahiri
Abhirup Lahiri
from Kolkata
3 years ago

Hi, I 've gone through your blog, it's a good design, I will take some time(& not rush through as always) & go through your popular post(this is what I normally do).